Chelsea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 07/02/10

Re: Chelsea Vs Arsenal | Premiership 07/02/10

Postby ewalborn15 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:16 am

Wow, pretty crazy video. Looks like Columbus to me. Those boys love lighting up the flares and smoke bombs. Good times. Watching the replay now and I feel sick to my stomach. Really unfortunate for us.
DRINK AND BE MERRY!!

And it's Arsenal! Arsenal FC! We're by far the BEST TEAM the world has EVER SEEN!
Words that will bring tears to any Gooner's eye.
ewalborn15
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby BertieMee » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:32 am

There can't be any denying that by now we need a new Striker. Someone that is a modern day "Supermac." Receiving the ball outside the D and muscling his way into a shot on goal. United have Rooney, Chelsea have Drogba. At some point Arsene has to go for someone who can run from inside the middle of the opposition half and put pressure on the opposition, as well as receiving great service from Rosicky, Arshavin, and Fabregas. Who is that guy and can we get him NOW? RVP and Bendtner just don't have it.
BertieMee
Liam Brady

Postby Myrmedus » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:10 am

RvP doesn't have it? What?

I mean he's a bit of a crock, sure, but you can't deny the guy's ability - even I think that's a bridge too far and I become a well of negativity after losses.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooneritis » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:13 am

Gunflash wrote:Surely the fact that we "dominated" and ended up losing, with barely a worthy chance, is a damning indictment of the team? Arsenal's defending was really poor. Wenger doesn't teach defence because he thinks the attack can carry the day. Not on the basis of today's ineffectual performance it can't. Wenger needs to take a good look at himself because Arsenal Football Club shouldn't be one man's vanity project.

"barely a worthy chance"

eh? did you watch the match.

cech stopped what should have been certain goals twice.

we didn't play shite unlike what alot seem to think. we were probably imo the better side, the difference being chelsea have hundreds of millions of world class talent in their team and have that killer, clinical instinct which we still lack.
chelsea are of course the better side with an amazing home record so losing doesn't make us shite, nor do i think we played shit. we just lost to a team with better individuals who took their chances better than we did. as usual we're still 1-2 good players away from being a great team.
our defence i agree is a f***ing shambles and without van persie we're weak upfront.

chelsea certainly were not better than us today but that's football, you have to take your chances against the best teams and not make silly school boy defensive errors as we will be - and were - punished.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooneritis » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 am

Goose wrote:Lively away fans

absolute quality :arsenal3: :arsenal3: :arsenal3:

bit of fight among our fans for once.
plenty of the youth in there too, a few familier faces

YOOF YOOF YOOF
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:36 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Arsenal Supporter,

We didn't get a demonstration of football from Chelsea but they were efficient and, at the end of the day, that is what made the difference on Sunday.

I believe the first goal contributed highly to our defeat and that is where we were guilty. Apart from that we had a great spirit and a great attitude. We had mountains of possession but couldn't transform it into goals - we couldn't come back to 2-1 and couldn't get them wobbling. Chelsea defended very well and on one or two occasions I believe we were a little bit unlucky with one or two decisions from the referee.

We had 70 per cent of possession of the ball so we were not in a position where we were dominated. We were always in an attacking position and then you have to risk everything going forward and of course they are good on counter attacks. I believe that our spirit was great, our performance was great but in a big game like that when you are 2-0 down you demand too much.

For me, as much as we didn't turn up against Manchester United last week, on Sunday we had the expected performance. We were still a bit uncertain at the start of the game but then we were completely dominant.

I always thought we would come back, I always had that feeling. But you have to give Chelsea credit, they defended very well, they are very experienced at the back. They make the foul at the right time when they are caught on the counter-attack. The little push, it is not enough to get a yellow card. They have a lot of tricks as a very experienced team and they do that very well.

Nicklas Bendtner is adamant that he should have had a penalty in the second half, 100 per cent. One of his big qualities is that he is honest and the referee had a good position but I suppose he didn't see it. That can happen.

As for the title race, I feel that we are not in the best position but we will not give up. We were a bit unfortunate as well in the same period to play Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool on the trot. If you lose one game if is very difficult with the psychological implications for the next game. I believe that is a little bit of a disadvantage. But now of course it is vital to beat Liverpool.

Thanks for your support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Myrmedus » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:51 pm

Too many excuses in there for me.... The reason excuses concern me is when you blame losing on other things you're not likely to try and change anything to improve, but if you take it on the head and say "it was us, we didn't finish what we started we need to work on that" then it's more likely to see improvement.

I do agree we played pretty well but contrary to what others have said in this thread we didn't really have any clear cut chances. We had opportunities to have clear cut chances (like Nasri when he went through on goal) but lack of conviction and bad decision making meant they drifted away into the heavens. Personally I think the result was fair, even if the scoreline was a little off - 2-1 would've been a fairer result. The reason for this is the same reason every time we face Chelsea: there's two contingents to this game, not just attack.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:12 pm

gooneritis wrote:
Goose wrote:Lively away fans

absolute quality :arsenal3: :arsenal3: :arsenal3:

bit of fight among our fans for once.
plenty of the youth in there too, a few familier faces

YOOF YOOF YOOF

He got a three year ban and a £500 fine for that.......

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Goose » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Damn, bit harsh
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby SE13 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:16 pm

Goose wrote:Damn, bit harsh

A lot harsh....... IMO anyway.

SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10