Arsenal Vs Man Utd | Premiership 31/01/10

Re: Arsenal Vs Man Utd | Premiership 31/01/10

Postby lucifer82 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:30 am

Thank you Arsenal. After that game, I've f**cked me dinner off, p*ssed off the missus, gone out and got tanked up. Just watched the game back on Sky+ and it's cringeworthy, it really is. Goodness knows what our players are on weekly, what benfits and insurances etc, and all bar 2 or 3 of em want wages dockin. Absolute incompetence. Relegation teams don't play as bad as that, don't play in such a care-free manner, don't play with such stupidity and disregard. I can honestly say that is up there with one of the worst Arsenal performances I've ever seen. I went to me first game when I was 4, devoted to the club, I'll fight our corner no matter how trivial, but how can you defend that? It was literally pathetic. Literally. In the case of Gael Clichy, what's he on? 30k-40k a week... for bein pathetic. What a great job.
All bitterness and anger aside. Where's that performance come from? To me, our squad reeks of immaturity and naivity. A young squad. Even though some have played 2 or 3 or 4 seasons in the Prem now, they're still young men. Emotionally and mentally not experienced enough and I think that contributes to the shockin decision makin. I thought this season that we'd cut out all the f**ckin bombin forward and leavin 1 or 2 players exposed. Well, we obviously havent.
As we are now, the current system we're playin, to me it's opened my eyes to alot of flaws in certain players and actually the players themselves. Sagna and Clichy? They offer absolutely sod all to our attack. Why they bother gettin into the last third, I'll never know. They don't make goals, they dont even get the odd goal, they cant cross, they dont get into the box, they rarely penetrate the last defender. I think theyre decent players, but in this system, they seem innaffective. Denilson... I dont know what goes through his brain. Technically I think he's a fine footballer, I'll always remember that trick he did against Bolton in the FA Cup a couple of seasons back, but he just generally seems unable to read the ball, the danger. He's either goin in the wrong direction or not trackin back. Arshavin aint a striker, and I dont think he's a left midfielder. Here's a guy who's played off the front man or in an attackin midfield position all his career, become a coveted European player and at this stage in his career is asked to play in a role he's not used to. He's makin way for Fabregas, I'm not knockin Fab cos he's a genius... but so is Arshavin.
I think our whole mental approach is wrong, the psychology within the football club. If we'd won today, you can dare bet the likes of Walcott or some other ponce would be in the newspapers the next day bangin some nonsensical schpeil out how we can win the league only for us to balls it up in a monumental style later on in the season. And Walcott? Jesus wept. There's a chance he could go down as a Wenger's worst buy. Absolutely embarassin some of the things he does. In every game he plays he manages to run past the ball he's supposed to be in control of. He's got the touch of a rapist, the conviction of Liberal Democrat leader and the brains of a Romanian orphan.
"I would rather smother my son than let him support Tottenham." - Noel Gallagher
"It's weird, innit? You don't see any white dog shit around anymore, do ya? Not since the 70's." - Bones (AKA Perry Benson)
lucifer82
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Myrmedus » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:33 am

lucifer82 wrote:He's got the touch of a rapist, the conviction of Liberal Democrat leader and the brains of a Romanian orphan.

:rofll:

But in seriousness I think alot of this is down to the manager more than the squad. We've seen the same shit with a whole host of different players now.... Something has changed with Wenger's philosophy IMO. He's never been the best tactician or defensive coach IMO - his talents have always been in offensive coaching and player recognition - but he's always seemed to at least appreciate the need for a solid defence. Nowadays, he seems to think 5-4 scorelines are acceptable - they're not because they place too much onus and pressure on your attack.
Last edited by Myrmedus on Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooner90 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:41 am

i said ages ago id take a point against chelsea and obviously now would like more but id still take a point and a win against liverpool, everyone says about he easy run of games we have man city at home and the other games arent always a walk in the park as we have drew against a few teams we should have beat etc, still lets hope the next 2 we can get 4 points at least and see where that puts us
Todays game gave away a stupid first goal then got caught attacking becuase of it..always looking grim from then and the 3rd goal very poor shouldnt of been allowed to run all that way with players backing off to allow a 1 on 1 with the keeper, something has to be done these games just arent what they used to be especially at the emirates 6 goals to chelsea and united

a striker like mario balotelli would be nice
gooner90
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Myrmedus » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:44 am

Our team's defensive spine/tactics is just dire, that's why these games are so weak; it's not even that the teams come and outplay us. Honestly, watching these games is just like playing a team in Football Manager 2010 with a 0-0-10 formation and watching the game.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby lucifer82 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:54 am

Myrmedus wrote:
lucifer82 wrote:He's got the touch of a rapist, the conviction of Liberal Democrat leader and the brains of a Romanian orphan.

:rofll:

But in seriousness I think alot of this is down to the manager more than the squad. We've seen the same shit with a whole host of different players now.... Something has changed with Wenger's philosophy IMO. He's never been the best tactician or defensive coach IMO - his talents have always been in offensive coaching and player recognition - but he's always seemed to at least appreciate the need for a solid defence. Nowadays, he seems to think 5-4 scorelines are acceptable - they're not because they place too much onus and pressure on your attack.

I have to say, I agree, in sorts. Nothin is done to address our defensive frailty. It was bad last season and it's as bad, if not worse this season. What's more alarmin is the individual mistakes bein made. Where does that come from? Fear? A confident player/person wouldn't make the mistakes some of our players have made this season. Take their 3rd goal. Clichy's gettin coated off for it, even Wenger looked annoyed about it, but what is he really supposed to do? A rampagin attack comin at him. 3 or 4 men, Rooney's there. The fear got him and his indecisiveness meant he actually didnt do anythin.
It won't happen, but I think if we had a busy striker, someone up top who doesn't have to be tall, but someone who puts a shift in, who works defenders, who can take the robust challenges, someone who has pace, we'd be far better off. Utd have got one, Chelsea have got one, Liverpool have got one. Instead we put one of the most talented and confident players in European football there. Seems a bit silly to me.
"I would rather smother my son than let him support Tottenham." - Noel Gallagher
"It's weird, innit? You don't see any white dog shit around anymore, do ya? Not since the 70's." - Bones (AKA Perry Benson)
lucifer82
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby lucifer82 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:18 am

Myrmedus wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:
The Massa Machine wrote:Guys, if we beat Chelsea next week they only have 5 points on us.

True, plus even if we don't beat them we still have the best run of games till the end of the season. We pulled back 10 points in a month, we can do it in 3 and a half.

In all honesty even if we ended up winning the title as a result of that I'd feel it was almost a hollow victory. Oh don't get me wrong, I'd be happy about it but I just don't feel our team deserves the title...I really don't.

Our issues were mostly defensively, not in attack, but they're not with the individual defenders. Anyway, I don't know why so many are complaining about us not scoring enough goals: news flash, you shouldn't need to score 3 goals to DRAW a game. Besides, games between Arsenal and United - when the two were equals at least - were usually always tight and had an average of 1 or 2 goals per game so scoring 1 or 2 goals should have been enough.

It wasn't enough because our defence was terrible but not actually because the defensive players themselves were bad (save for Denilson). So you then have to question why we were so shocking? Tactics. It was the same as against Chelsea and it'll probably be like that again: tactically we're just awful in defence and we commit far too many players forward when we attack as if it were a kick-about on Hackney Marshes.

Look at the second United goal again - what the f**k are our defensive line doing on the half-way line?! United just ran up the pitch because that's all they needed to do and we didn't have Song remaining deep to stunt their attack either.

Look at the third goal - same thing again! Defensive line is actually IN the United half this time with only Vermaelen positioned in our half. We had the ball only half way into their half of the field and yet we had ONE player in our own half.

This is why we lose. When we play poor teams we get away with things like this. We either win through pure pressure on their goal or because they don't take their chances. If they do, we can punch through them enough to win anyway (4-2 Bolton for example). When we play better teams, top teams, we can't rip through them in the same way and they utterly destroy us for our negligence...even 'decent' teams like Everton cause a stir as we saw recently.

Terrible tactics and that comes down from the coaches, the trainers and most importantly the manager. I don't know what has happened to Wenger to make him COMPLETELY throw defence to the wind but jesus christ we have none.

Fella, I dint see your post. Yer bang on the money. Bang on it. We're singin off the same sheet. Good to see posts of such opinion and intelligence. Nice one.
lucifer82
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:54 am

I'm looking at the stats for the game and find myself to be exasperated. If we were really resoundingly beaten, contained and humiliated it would be one thing, but we brought this defeat on ourselves by NOT TAKING GUILT EDGED CHANCES.

Attemps on target
Arsenal - 7
United - 5

Attempts off target
Arsenel - 11
United - 6

ELEVEN. Half from Arshavin, the rest from the likes of Cesc and Nasri. THESE ARE NOT CHANCES WE SHOULD BE MISSING. THIS IS WHERE THE GAME WAS LOST.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gunner Down Under » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:54 am

Once looking on that I'm reminded of my FIFA.

Not taking chances!!
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby SE13 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:25 am

CynicalGooner wrote:I'm looking at the stats for the game and find myself to be exasperated. If we were really resoundingly beaten, contained and humiliated it would be one thing, but we brought this defeat on ourselves by NOT TAKING GUILT EDGED CHANCES.

Attemps on target
Arsenal - 7
United - 5

Attempts off target
Arsenel - 11
United - 6

ELEVEN. Half from Arshavin, the rest from the likes of Cesc and Nasri. THESE ARE NOT CHANCES WE SHOULD BE MISSING. THIS IS WHERE THE GAME WAS LOST.

That's exactly where the game was lost, they certainly didn't outplay us at all. It's the same thing time and again, failure to put chances away that's costing big points in big games.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Gunner Down Under » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:25 am

Today in the news it was telling us of the coming of 3D telly.

It showed Nani scoring (ish) or more like Almunia being crap as usual and Rooney scoring.

I just think- will we be remembered for being the crap team that lost to man United in the first 3D screening of live sport ever?
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:17 pm

Youngie wrote:On a positive not i thought Gallas worked his socks of and am glad to see he is back to his good old self. Vamealan wasn't bad, he showed some blistering pace to catch up with Rooney. Although no defender could deal with that first time shot. Rooneys like federer. Just keep hitting aces.

Vermaelen was our best player out there, spent half the game covering Gallas' ass cos he was caught up field on several occaisions when the mancs counter attacked, not just when he (TV5) kept up with Shrek.

Still gutted, same old. Everytime we get ourselves into a good league position & come up against a big club we bottle it.
You'd think we'd be used to it by now, but it still hurts.

I Thought we started well, but the 2 quick goals in succession knocked us for 6, I dont blame Almunia for the OG, had he not got to it Park wouldve knocked it in anyway, was just unfortunate, i kept thinking if we can get 1 back before half time its game on, but wasnt to be.
I never used to rate Nani much but by christ he came into his own yesterday, MJ lookalike bastard &*(^&*%&!!! he owned Clichy. :(

As wrong as it is, and its not our style to play dirty but i was wishing our players to take him (nani) out, after he took that knock on the ankle from Song i sooo wanted to see him get a few more little digs from our lads. :hiding:

For once i will agree with SAF, i want us to go to stamford bridge & batter them, more like wishful thinking & if we play anything like we did yesterday they are going to rip us apart.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby dunkdafunk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:42 pm

1st goal, not really Al''s fault. Are we forgetting the 3 players who were tricked by Nani?

For the second goal, there ws one indicisive player at the back, not sure whether to go in for challenge or cover a pass, personally he should go in for challenge, more chance of the attacker messing up. And 4 others who were overtaken by rooney. If either of them had tracked Rooneys run Alumnia may have had a chance.
Yes run back to goal, when there is an attack, but cover dangerous player's runs.

3rd, only 1 defender at the back. But then again we are chasing the game. still theree needs to be a challlenge if only to slow down Park, and force him to check his run and pass, still would have been a goal.
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby UFGN » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:06 pm

I paid £60 quid to watch that bullshit.

f**k off Wenger. You threw the FA Cup away, for what?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Massa » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:08 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:f**k off Wenger. You threw the FA Cup away, for what?

The Prem & CL double.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby UFGN » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:08 pm

The Massa Machine wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:f**k off Wenger. You threw the FA Cup away, for what?

The Prem & CL double.

Oh that explains it.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10