Re: Arsenal Vs Man Utd | Premiership 31/01/10

Postby cap06gunner06 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:28 pm

oh it doesnt matter coz when eduardos back he'll be like a new signing
cap06gunner06
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Siete » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:31 pm

mrcruisy09 wrote:why wont wenger dip into the transfer market. dont feel too bad about the result todat coz i was half expecting it. we despertly need a goal scorer! arshavin is class but not a centre forward

While Bendtner is not a... well, I'm beginning to doubt he's even awake during the games. Not that he was anything to write home about before the injury.

But quality strikers cost money. That's the problem. Not laziness, not unwillingness. Money.
Siete
Michael Thomas

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:46 pm

Only positive I can see right now is that I've run out of tears.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Gunflash » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:46 pm

I've never seen such collective ineffectuality from an Arsenal attacking line-up. Actually I have. I saw it against Chelsea two months ago. Yet again Wenger has talked the team up before the match and yet again they've let him down. We played well to put ourselves in thick of the title hunt and then, as always we've come up short in the crunch clashes. I doubt we'll win the title now.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby mrcruisy09 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:54 pm

we need a different route to goal upfront espescially in the big four clashes. i dont know if bentdner is the answer though. thought we played ok just got caught on the counter
mrcruisy09
Liam Brady

Postby NIGooner » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:56 pm

Just back from the match and all I can say is we were shit today. Out thought & outplayed ALL over the pitch.
NIGooner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby mrcruisy09 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:59 pm

but wenger said he was in the market for chamakh and david villa just the timing wasnt right so i cant see money being a huge problem
mrcruisy09
Liam Brady

Postby NIGooner » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:04 pm

On the big screen before the match kicked off the interviewer said that the transfer window was closing tomorrow evening & asked Wenger would he be busy. He said yes he would be busy, but busy focusing on the games ahead. That's a Wenger answer if I ever heard one.
NIGooner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Massa » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:58 pm

The Massa Machine wrote:I sooooo want us to beat these Man United ****. If we can pull this off, we're second in the Prem and in prime position to rape chelski and go TOP OF THE LEAGUE. Only 3 f***ing points seperate the top f***ing 3, and we HAVE to pull this off. If we can beat this scum, it'll f***ing rub it in all those shitty pundits' faces, 'arsenal aren't good enough' MY f***ing ASS. f**k evra, men against boys, we need to f***ing give it our all and then f***ing shoot that ****, we'll show him men against boys, we'll f***ing show him. fletcher thinks he can f***ing foul us out of the game? well guess what you scottish t**t, cesc aint our only source of creativity, its going to be f***ing funny to see you running around like a f***ing chicken trying to stop f***ing arshavin, rosicky, nasri and even bloody song whos our DM, and a proper DM at that. unlike f***ing you, he knows how to play football. c'mon gooners lets f***ing show these manc scum how its done, lets f**k them hard real hard. give it our all from the first minute, give it our f***ing all, rape em with our swift football, they get fletcher on us we just pass it around him, leaving him stranded so song can eat him and get his fitness back. Get ready for us you northern scum, and own goal wont save yp arrogant f***ers this f***ing time, sol will f***ing kick that piece of shit otherwise known as wayne f***ing rooney out of the f***ing game the fat ****. we need a win, we'll f***ing get a win, we'll f***ing show everyone, arsenal aint here for the party, we're here to f***ing win the title, we're here to f***ing be the best team in england, we're by FAAAAR the greatest team, the world's ever seen.

Let's f***ing smash 'em.

Well bollocks to that.
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby gzagee » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:15 pm

Well, just back from the game and i feel the cold night air has cooled my emotions enough to actually pass a fair review of the game.
WE WERE F**KN SHIT ALL OVER THE PARK!!
This defeat was much much worse than last season's CL Semi final match.
We were up against a defence which was there for the taking, yet they took us out...

I was really peeved earlier. Now I'm calm. There's always next week to redress matters.

Oh wait... :doh:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:22 pm

The Massa Machine wrote:
The Massa Machine wrote:I sooooo want us to beat these Man United ****. If we can pull this off, we're second in the Prem and in prime position to rape chelski and go TOP OF THE LEAGUE. Only 3 f***ing points seperate the top f***ing 3, and we HAVE to pull this off. If we can beat this scum, it'll f***ing rub it in all those shitty pundits' faces, 'arsenal aren't good enough' MY f***ing ASS. f**k evra, men against boys, we need to f***ing give it our all and then f***ing shoot that ****, we'll show him men against boys, we'll f***ing show him. fletcher thinks he can f***ing foul us out of the game? well guess what you scottish t**t, cesc aint our only source of creativity, its going to be f***ing funny to see you running around like a f***ing chicken trying to stop f***ing arshavin, rosicky, nasri and even bloody song whos our DM, and a proper DM at that. unlike f***ing you, he knows how to play football. c'mon gooners lets f***ing show these manc scum how its done, lets f**k them hard real hard. give it our all from the first minute, give it our f***ing all, rape em with our swift football, they get fletcher on us we just pass it around him, leaving him stranded so song can eat him and get his fitness back. Get ready for us you northern scum, and own goal wont save yp arrogant f***ers this f***ing time, sol will f***ing kick that piece of shit otherwise known as wayne f***ing rooney out of the f***ing game the fat ****. we need a win, we'll f***ing get a win, we'll f***ing show everyone, arsenal aint here for the party, we're here to f***ing win the title, we're here to f***ing be the best team in england, we're by FAAAAR the greatest team, the world's ever seen.

Let's f***ing smash 'em.

Well bollocks to that.

Thats half the problem, Wenger doesn't go in for that sort of thing. In the good old days we had Adams kicking and screaming in the changing room to get the adrenaline pumping. Just like Wimbledon were known for playing their ghetto-blaster before games to get themselves up for it, I believe that Wenger must play Enya's greatest hits! We don't play unless we go a goal down. The only time I have seen them up for it from the off was after Wenger's half time team talk against Liverpool.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Always_a_gooner » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:48 pm

the best players on the pitch 2day IMO for arsenal were the verminatore arshavin and gallas..apart from that everyone was below average...also for once you could see arshavin really tried..he just had no support
Always_a_gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Artemis8 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:04 pm

Firstly i was just unimpressed at the urgency of our play. Man Utd play ever game against the top 4 like a cup final. They just wanted it more. We were so predictable. and Arshavin should get a talking to about his greed in front of goal. there was a clear sitter for Nasri a point in the game

On paper our team blew them away. I mean there back four was second string. Arsenal on the other hand had our full strength team out (appart from VP).

I believe that we need a strong striker that can stand a few robust tackles when bearing down on goal. (e.g. Rooney, Drogba, Kuyt, Tevez, Carew) All the other big teams have one and it seems to work well and add flexibility for them. Imagine what would of happened if wed still has Baptista

On a positive not i thought Gallas worked his socks of and am glad to see he is back to his good old self. Vamealan wasn't bad, he showed some blistering pace to catch up with Rooney. Although no defender could deal with that first time shot. Rooneys like federer. Just keep hitting aces.
Artemis8

Postby rogerthornhill » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:16 am

It was surprising because on paper it didn't appear to be a particularly strong Manc side, especially the back 4. They ripped us apart on their 2nd and 3rd goals, they had so much space. Chelsea away isn't an ideal fixture after this kind of defeat.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Myrmedus » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:19 am

Reverend Gooner wrote:
The Massa Machine wrote:Guys, if we beat Chelsea next week they only have 5 points on us.

True, plus even if we don't beat them we still have the best run of games till the end of the season. We pulled back 10 points in a month, we can do it in 3 and a half.

In all honesty even if we ended up winning the title as a result of that I'd feel it was almost a hollow victory. Oh don't get me wrong, I'd be happy about it but I just don't feel our team deserves the title...I really don't.

Our issues were mostly defensively, not in attack, but they're not with the individual defenders. Anyway, I don't know why so many are complaining about us not scoring enough goals: news flash, you shouldn't need to score 3 goals to DRAW a game. Besides, games between Arsenal and United - when the two were equals at least - were usually always tight and had an average of 1 or 2 goals per game so scoring 1 or 2 goals should have been enough.

It wasn't enough because our defence was terrible but not actually because the defensive players themselves were bad (save for Denilson). So you then have to question why we were so shocking? Tactics. It was the same as against Chelsea and it'll probably be like that again: tactically we're just awful in defence and we commit far too many players forward when we attack as if it were a kick-about on Hackney Marshes.

Look at the second United goal again - what the f**k are our defensive line doing on the half-way line?! United just ran up the pitch because that's all they needed to do and we didn't have Song remaining deep to stunt their attack either.

Look at the third goal - same thing again! Defensive line is actually IN the United half this time with only Vermaelen positioned in our half. We had the ball only half way into their half of the field and yet we had ONE player in our own half.

This is why we lose. When we play poor teams we get away with things like this. We either win through pure pressure on their goal or because they don't take their chances. If they do, we can punch through them enough to win anyway (4-2 Bolton for example). When we play better teams, top teams, we can't rip through them in the same way and they utterly destroy us for our negligence...even 'decent' teams like Everton cause a stir as we saw recently.

Terrible tactics and that comes down from the coaches, the trainers and most importantly the manager. I don't know what has happened to Wenger to make him COMPLETELY throw defence to the wind but jesus christ we have none.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10