Aston Villa Vs Arsenal | Premiership 27/01/10

Re: Aston Villa Vs Arsenal | Premiership 27/01/10

Postby Rockin' Robin » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:51 pm

gunngunn wrote:Sorry but anybody who sees this as a good result is clearly not on the same wavelength as me.

Any game from now on, is an absolute must win.

Chelsea are two points clear with a game in hand AND a superior goal difference, we are level with Man Utd with no games over them AND we have the same goal difference.

And yet they still lost the biggest goal threat in the World last season.

We should have won, end of discussion, because IMO, we are simply too weak to beat Chelsea, and Man Utd will have the luck and the ref on their side.

It's a good result individually, as Villa are a good side, but when you look at the bigger picture it was important that we won that game. Some positives to take away from it though.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby lucifer82 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:51 pm

Chance missed there. That Villa outfit ain't much cop. I heard the announcer gave Young MOTM. Why cos he was given countless one-on-one's against Clichy? When he did beat Clichy, what did he do? Nish. Our defence was alright today. Campbell looks like he's never been away. We came into more in the 2nd half. Unlucky hittin the bar and a couple of other times when the bounce didn't go our way.
I'm content with that. Hard place to go to at the best of times. I just hope Wenger now sees that Eduardo through the centre, on his Jack Jones, just doesn't work. Well, not away from home anyway. It's a bit much to throw Bendtner in and expect wonders. But, I can't see him gettin anyone in, even on loan.
The most annoyin thing about tonight is Chelsea vs Birmingham. Birmingham unbeaten in 15 and yet decide they lose 3-0 tonight. F**ckin Brummies.
Utd and City looks as though it's goin into extra time though. Jobs a good 'un!
"I would rather smother my son than let him support Tottenham." - Noel Gallagher
"It's weird, innit? You don't see any white dog shit around anymore, do ya? Not since the 70's." - Bones (AKA Perry Benson)
lucifer82
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby maslo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:52 pm

Goose wrote:Manure vs Citeh looks like its going to extra time

rooney just scored. 3-1
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:53 pm

Villa also beat Utd at old trafford, (as well as chavs at VP) drew against Man City, Yids, beat Liverpool at the beginning of the season, but then lost to them xmas time.

Disappointed we didnt win but when you look at their track record again the top 4, cant complain, we never got out of 1st gear tbh, unless, one eye on sunday maybe? so a draw a fair result, lets hope we see some slip ups from chavs & mancs.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby mg86 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:54 pm

gunngunn wrote:Sorry but anybody who sees this as a good result is clearly not on the same wavelength as me.

Any game from now on, is an absolute must win.

Chelsea are two points clear with a game in hand AND a superior goal difference, we are level with Man Utd with no games over them AND we have the same goal difference.

And yet they still lost the biggest goal threat in the World last season.

We should have won, end of discussion, because IMO, we are simply too weak to beat Chelsea, and Man Utd will have the luck and the ref on their side.

I think we will beat Man Utd and draw at Chelsea. For some reason certain players like Arshavin and Nasri rise to the occasion in these big games. The only thing worrying me was conceding against Villa, and we didn't. As long as our back four are solid I think we can overtake Man Utd at home and a run of a few games for Bendtner and Nasri will be very beneficial to the team. The league is about consistency and we are running on still the best form in the league if I'm not mistaken, don't lose hope people, Arsenal will rise to the occasion this year, they have shown spirit that wasn't there last year.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby lucifer82 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:54 pm

Beautiful. Rooney gets in the winner in injury time. Changes the whole complexion of Sunday. Now they come to ours as high as kites and with Rooney playin like a monster. Gordon Bennett.
"I would rather smother my son than let him support Tottenham." - Noel Gallagher
"It's weird, innit? You don't see any white dog shit around anymore, do ya? Not since the 70's." - Bones (AKA Perry Benson)
lucifer82
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Eusebio14 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:55 pm

at least its one point wich could be descisive at the end

now we just have to beat ManUtd Chelsea and Liverpool;-)
Eusebio14
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby mg86 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:57 pm

Eusebio14 wrote:at least its one point wich could be descisive at the end

now we just have to beat ManUtd Chelsea and Liverpool;-)

Thats the beauty of these games though, a draw is a point gained for us and Man Utd, or Chelsea or hopefully not, Liverpool. We remain even but our hard games are out of the way and we continue unbeaten while these teams are forced to play sometimes shocking top four hopefuls like Villa, Spurs and City and these teams can squeeze draws or wins from these teams while we are left to simply win games that we are expected to.
Szczesny
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:58 pm

Wow United just won it at the death. Damn. They'll be brimming with confidence against us

Sunday is our season now. Don't usually like to be so extremist but that's what it boils down to
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:58 pm

gunngunn wrote:

We are 1pt behind Utd.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Siete » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:59 pm

simsuk wrote:On a positive light, Bendtner played well for the last 10 mins i watched. Did more in that last 10 mins than Eddie's done all season!

Did we watch the same game? He was awful from start to finish!
Siete
Michael Thomas

Postby mg86 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:00 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:Wow United just won it at the death. Damn. They'll be brimming with confidence against us

Sunday is our season now. Don't usually like to be so extremist but that's what it boils down to

Our season boils down to control Rooney or lose.
Szczesny
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby maslo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:01 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Villa also beat Utd at old trafford, (as well as chavs at VP) drew against Man City, Yids, beat Liverpool at the beginning of the season, but then lost to them xmas time.

Disappointed we didnt win but when you look at their track record again the top 4, cant complain, we never got out of 1st gear tbh, unless, one eye on sunday maybe? so a draw a fair result, lets hope we see some slip ups from chavs & mancs.

Its not good enough having to hope for slip ups though, this is what the mancs always do, turn on thier form towards the end of the season and chelsea really look strong they have won every game in the African Cup of Nations period that we all hoped they would struggle in.

dont mean to be negative, obviously teams do and will slip up but i think it really means we gotta beat both of them now at any rate cant get beat by either.
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Eusebio14 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:04 pm

if we can get at least one point of chelsea(this will be defenately our hardest test) and beat pool and Manure well be fine...

just cant wait for Sunday...Come on Arsenal!
Eusebio14
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby GunnGunn » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:05 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:
gunngunn wrote:

We are 1pt behind Utd.

Even worse then, isn't it?
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10