Stoke Vs Arsenal | FA Cup R4, 24/01/10

Re: Stoke Vs Arsenal | FA Cup R4, 24/01/10

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:42 pm

Gooneritis summed up my thoughts in the above post pretty well.

Walcott should concentrate more on being a good player than rights deals and World Cup glory because on this season's sporadic showings I don't even know if Capello's going to take him to be honest. He's fast as hell and he CAN finish well when he's had consistant appearences but his complete game is terrible....
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:13 am

Walcott, probably the most lacklustre and tame performance in the history of sport.

That the English heart that Arsenal are missing?

I fully understand lack of form and confidence, and know that when he gets sharp and 100% he is a quality member of our club, but todays performance or lack of, with an expressionless face throughout was so just fricking annoying, he just does his little jog back to his position with his arms locked at 90 degrees looking as though he is just taking part in yoga class, after he loses the ball, gets outmuscled, or puts a terrible cross in. Its almost as annoying as that dumb looking Delap taking half an hour to polish his ball with that gay towel
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby mg86 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:13 am

Our best team is Sagna, Gallas, Verm, Clichy, Song, Fabregas, Rosicky, Arshavin, Bendtner (RvP but injured), Nasri. Eduardo, Walcott, Diaby (?) and Denilson belong on the bench.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Leody » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:43 am

mgilbert86 wrote:Our best team is Sagna, Gallas, Verm, Clichy, Song, Fabregas, Rosicky, Arshavin, Bendtner (RvP but injured), Nasri. Eduardo, Walcott, Diaby (?) and Denilson belong on the bench.

The best part is you left out the keeper, because we'd be better w/o one based off the three we have! :rofll:
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby maslo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:34 am

absolutely_fabregas wrote:Walcott, probably the most lacklustre and tame performance in the history of sport.

That the English heart that Arsenal are missing?

I fully understand lack of form and confidence, and know that when he gets sharp and 100% he is a quality member of our club, but todays performance or lack of, with an expressionless face throughout was so just fricking annoying, he just does his little jog back to his position with his arms locked at 90 degrees looking as though he is just taking part in yoga class, after he loses the ball, gets outmuscled, or puts a terrible cross in. Its almost as annoying as that dumb looking Delap taking half an hour to polish his ball with that gay towel

thats exactly what i thought, it pissed me off so goddam much, why cant he show some desire and try to win the ball back when he looses it or pressure their defenders? hes got so much pace, even if hes playing shit he could still scare them with it and try his heart out, but all we saw was a very tame and cautious appearance, he almost looks too worried about getting injured again to play. And Vela i thought even thought he shows glimpes sometimes showed no more than walcott did apart from he could hold the ball abit, both looking very lacking in composure and final product.
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10