THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Re: Stoke Vs Arsenal | FA Cup R4, 24/01/10

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:30 pm

Wenger's starting XI shows how much priority he places on the competition. An FA Cup win would not be enough to silence his critics. He needs the Premiership or Champions League.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby mg86 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:33 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Wenger's starting XI shows how much priority he places on the competition. An FA Cup win would not be enough to silence his critics. He needs the Premiership or Champions League.

Wow, and yet people were coming for my throat when I said the same thing.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby UFGN » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:38 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Wenger's starting XI shows how much priority he places on the competition. An FA Cup win would not be enough to silence his critics. He needs the Premiership or Champions League.

I am one of his toughest critics and I would be happy with an FA Cup win

The issue is that the ultimate reason we got dumped out today was AGAIN because of La Idiot's arogant refusal to buy players we need.
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby ewalborn15 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:39 pm

Missed the game. Saw the highlights. That sucks.
DRINK AND BE MERRY!!

And it's Arsenal! Arsenal FC! We're by far the BEST TEAM the world has EVER SEEN!
Words that will bring tears to any Gooner's eye.
ewalborn15
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:40 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:

The issue is that the ultimate reason we got dumped out today was AGAIN because of La Idiot's arogant refusal to buy players we need.

La Idiot. What a nice way to thank the man who's won us three Premier League titles.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:41 pm

The Midfield General wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:

La Idiot. What a nice way to thank the man who's won us three Premier League titles.

How many has he lost us?
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Postby Massa » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:41 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:

How many has he lost us?

Would we even be in contention for any of them if it weren't for him?
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:42 pm

The Massa Machine wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:

How many has he lost us?

Would we even be in contention for any of them if it weren't for him?

My response ^
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:43 pm

Yes why not. I go back to the stat that shows we won more major trophies under Graham than we have Wenger, when the amount of games in charge is considered.

UFGN

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:Yes why not. I go back to the stat that shows we won more major trophies under Graham than we have Wenger, when the amount of games in charge is considered.

Seeing as we didn't win the Premiership in the first four seasons, which were without Wenger, that's why I'm not sure we wouldn't have won the league as many times as we have without him. Without Wenger, we wouldn't have had Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira, David Platt, Freddie Ljungberg, Robert Pires, Cesc Fabregas, Sol Campbell, Kolo Toure, the list goes on.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:51 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:Yes why not. I go back to the stat that shows we won more major trophies under Graham than we have Wenger, when the amount of games in charge is considered.

Seeing as we didn't win the Premiership in the first four seasons, which were without Wenger, that's why I'm not sure we wouldn't have won the league as many times as we have without him. Without Wenger, we wouldn't have had Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira, David Platt, Freddie Ljungberg, Robert Pires, Cesc Fabregas, Sol Campbell, Kolo Toure, the list goes on.

Yes but that was then. I am aware of his acheivments. But look at the way he has continually refused to give the squad the players it needs and you can only blame him for what has happened since then. You cant have it both ways.

UFGN

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:54 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:

Yes but that was then. I am aware of his acheivments. But look at the way he has continually refused to give the squad the players it needs and you can only blame him for what has happened since then. You cant have it both ways.

We had about 11 injuries today, he hasn't refused to give the squad the players it needs. The only positions that lack are GK, and maybe CB and DM. Other than that, we're perfect, we have so many midfielders and attackers, and I wouldn't rule out a move for Smalling to add to our CB ranks. Song only leaves for ACN once every two years, plus any injuries he gets, so it wouldn't be very... economical for Wenger to buy a player who only plays in those instances.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby UFGN » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Also I dont see how you can presume that another good manager wouldnt have been able to bring in good signings similar to Wenger at the time we did well. Some of Wengers signings were probably down mainly to his knowlege but not all of them

UFGN

Postby mg86 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:03 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:

We had about 11 injuries today, he hasn't refused to give the squad the players it needs. The only positions that lack are GK, and maybe CB and DM. Other than that, we're perfect, we have so many midfielders and attackers, and I wouldn't rule out a move for Smalling to add to our CB ranks. Song only leaves for ACN once every two years, plus any injuries he gets, so it wouldn't be very... economical for Wenger to buy a player who only plays in those instances.

For a 13 year old kid, you know your shit.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10