Bolton Vs Arsenal | Premiership 17/01/10

Re: Bolton Vs Arsenal | Premiership 17/01/10

Postby Briggsy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:24 pm

IMF wrote:
The Midfield General wrote:I thought Diaby wasn't as good today as he's been recently.

How dare you!!! Diaby allows Fabreagas freedom he's of the ball running is exceptional

are you alright IMF? Your giving praise to Diaby?
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Goose » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:25 pm

DML!
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Gooner Girl » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:28 pm

thought bolton played well actually, i was quite surprised we won tbh, thought the new manager effect might kick in for them - in the end we took our chances better then they did. Fabregas aint half having a good season.
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Goose » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:30 pm

TBH they could of won if their finishing was better, they best our offside trap a few times, we should defend deeper like Chelski do
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Briggsy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:38 pm

We should of had 2 penalties, they kicked f**k out of Fabregas! Rosicky was a lucky boy not to sent off as was that fat Paul Robinson!! PHIL DOWD Is IMF's lord
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Goose » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Hats off to Rosicky for giving it back, I thought he was gonna go off cos the ref pulled out the red card as well
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:03 pm

Must have watched a different game to some of you, I thought Diaby had a pretty poor game. He was helpful going forward no doubt, but his defensive positioning was abysmal and he and Arshavin left Traore so exposed on the left side.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Myrmedus » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:04 pm

The Midfield General wrote:I didn't say I thought Diaby was bad, just not as good as recently. I'll admit I had my hands in my head when it looked like Diaby was going back to DM and he did alright there.

I thought he saved us once he moved to DM tbh. I don't agree with some of the other posters here saying Eastmond was solid at all...considering he's a young 'un he did ok but when you're playing for the Premier League you have to assess every player as a first-teamer and I felt he was a weak link.

Both he and Traore were giving away possession far too cheaply and far too often...I felt we were so much more solid when Eastmond was replaced. Maybe he'll be a great prospect for the future though. All I know though is that if we had Song today our performance would've been so more solidified.

Diaby didn't have a great game though I felt Arshavin's cover, or lack thereof, was probably far worse. There were numerous times where Traore was trying to juggly two Bolton players down that left side.

Goose wrote:TBH they could of won if their finishing was better, they best our offside trap a few times, we should defend deeper like Chelski do

Well we should play to the whistle anyway. It's fine to use the offside trap but you need to remember that once the ball is played you still sprint after the allegedly offside player rather than stand there like a lemon with your arms dangling...that's our main problem.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:48 pm

IMF wrote:I woul like to retract all my insults about Diaby he is amazing and is indeed a footballing god!!

It's too late mate.
Diaby is mentally and emotionally scarred from reading this forum.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby UFGN » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:23 am

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

f***ing brilliant

Our seats were right behind the goal we attacked in the second half, and Arsenal had the whole stand.

We outplayed them. We outsung them. The atmosphere at our end of the ground was loud all the way through, more or less.

Some songs from today...

Stck your Coy-le
Stck your Coy-le
Stck your Coy-le up your arse
Stck your Coy-le up your arse :sneaky:

And

Ade-bayor, Ade-bayor....
He used to like coaches
he don't anymore :shock: :shock: :rofll:
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Q8 Gooner » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:12 am

Great win.. I think Bolton deserved something from the game.. But credit to the lads they hang on and won the game.. Eastmond was good i think.. He wasn't a weak link until he got a bit tired i think in the 2nd half and was rightly substituted.. Diaby was good.. Fabregas was brilliant as usual.. I thought Vermaelen had an excellent game.. He contained the threat of Davies very well.. Almost won every header.. Both Fabregas penalty claims were penalties i think.. Credit for Rocisky for kicking the w***er back..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Q8 Gooner » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:03 am

Traore is Sh*t to be honest.. He can never push to become a 1st choice.. He will remain a 2nd or 3rd choice if he stays here.. I also think that Arshavin and Rosicky were both disappointing yesterday.. u expect senior players like them to take more responsibility on the ball.. They gave the ball away to easily so often.. unlike Cesc and Diaby..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooneritis » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:04 am

Q8 Gooner wrote:Traore is Sh*t to be honest.. He can never push to become a 1st choice.. He will remain a 2nd or 3rd choice if he stays here.. I also think that Arshavin and Rosicky were both disappointing yesterday.. u expect senior players like them to take more responsibility on the ball.. They gave the ball away to easily so often.. unlike Cesc and Diaby..

i don't agree at all with that. he has plenty of scope to develop and has already shown a marked improvement from his early games this season.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Popey » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:12 am

gooneritis wrote:
Q8 Gooner wrote:Traore is Sh*t to be honest.. He can never push to become a 1st choice.. He will remain a 2nd or 3rd choice if he stays here.. I also think that Arshavin and Rosicky were both disappointing yesterday.. u expect senior players like them to take more responsibility on the ball.. They gave the ball away to easily so often.. unlike Cesc and Diaby..

i don't agree at all with that. he has plenty of scope to develop and has already shown a marked improvement from his early games this season.

traoré is not shit but is definitif not as strong as clichy or gibbs. If I would chose one of these 3 it would be gibbs. because he loves to go forward and is dangerous in front of the goal and defensivly he's also not that bad. clichy's position is good but the guy can't cross. still inbelivable for me. + he's shit going forward. when was the last time he created danger in front of the goal? and traoré would be third choice for me. defensivly not so strong and technicaly also not as strong as the other two. but still quality LB.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:13 am

Just mentioned this in the match report thread.
Traore is a good player but only when he plays in his position as a left winger.
He has pace, can dribble and is a great crosser but as a left back he sucks.
Dunno why AW is trying to convert him to LB when we already have Gibbs who is far better in that position.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10