Portsmouth Vs Arsenal | Premiership 30/12/09

Re: Portsmouth Vs Arsenal | Premiership 30/12/09

Postby Briggsy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:13 am

In truth portsmouth fans deserve better but they are the worst run club in the premiership I blame Peter Storrie he lets a bloke who looks like a kebab shop owner take over because his name sounds like a Arab? Its not the first time this has happened either
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:31 am

Didnt get to see the match but just saw the goals. Ramsey's was quality, what a player he's growing in to.

Pleased for Song, he's been looking for a goal recently you can tell
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Briggsy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:42 am

Also Song was immense again tonight best player we have by miles should win player of the year. I love him that much its almost gay
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Reverend Gooner » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:11 am

Great result today, I was very pleased with the performance and especially the midfield.

The ratings thread is up for this game
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby S4cePL » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:38 am

took the game in at the Globe and it was a good crowd :arsenal3:

what an amazing game from kid Ramsey. sick goal and good set up play on Nasri's strike

still see Sagna can't cross for the life of him :biggrin:

we will definitely miss Song in January as he put in another strong performance. hopefully Denilson will be able to fill in the gap.

good way to end 2009

happy new year to yall!!

:arsenal3:
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Gunner Down Under » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:40 am

The videos seem to be loading really slowly for some reason, and sometimes they stop halfway

I wanted to download Ramsey's goal but I couldn't because of that
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gooneritis » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:06 am

Inchpractice wrote:That's two very impressive wins on the trot and still without any recognised strikers on the pitch. You can't count Eduardo because he's on awful form at the moment.
I must say the supposed 'B' team are playing really well and justifying their starting places.
Who would've thought that Diaby would suddenly start passing the ball and scoring goals...? :dizzy:
When you see names on the team sheet like Diaby, Traore and Ramsey - no RVP, no Bendtner, no Theo, no Cesc etc. etc. it doesn't exactly fill you with confidence but we can't stop scoring so these kids must be doing something right.

Let's hope we can take this form into the Bolton game and get within touching distance of Chelscum.

i know, it's as if someone put some faith into them and they started to deliver. wonder who must have done that, he's probably a right c*** and should get the boot

:rofll: :rofll:

a big f**k YOU to those who've told wenger to 'get f***ked' this season :)
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooneritis » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:08 am

great result again, right up near the top now into the new year, couldnt have asked for anything more (though we're probably not progressing as we're not top by 25 points and havent spent 300 million).

great to see our young players making the step up, traore, ramsey, diaby etc.

to think someone called me an ignorant t**t for saying we have naturally improved our squad this season due to our youngsters taking the next step!
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:36 am

whats as cringeworthy and annoying as people slagging our players off, is people getting on their high horse and saying i told you so

why this place pisses me off sometimes
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby Rockin' Robin » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:04 pm

I'll gladly admit I have been proved wrong by Diaby, he was quality in the first half as he was all game vs Villa and second half vs Hull. The midfield was excellent, Sagna's crossing was shit, Eduardo was poor and Shava disappointing. Super win though, in a great position.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Briggsy » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:06 pm

absolutely_fabregas wrote:whats as cringeworthy and annoying as people slagging our players off, is people getting on their high horse and saying i told you so

why this place pisses me off sometimes

knew you'd say that lol
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:04 pm

The Midfield General wrote:I'll gladly admit I have been proved wrong by Diaby, he was quality in the first half as he was all game vs Villa and second half vs Hull. The midfield was excellent, Sagna's crossing was shit, Eduardo was poor and Shava disappointing. Super win though, in a great position.

Yeah what's going on with Arshavin lately? I know he's being played out of position but it doesn't explain why he keeps giving the ball away...?
I tell you what we're lucky that people like Nasri and Ramsey are on form because they are covering up the embarassing performances by our strikers, especially Eduardo.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:06 pm

Shava drifts in and out. But if he pops up with crackers like the Bin Dippers and Manure gems then he's that bit of quality I'd give a bligh to.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Rockin' Robin » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:14 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
The Midfield General wrote:I'll gladly admit I have been proved wrong by Diaby, he was quality in the first half as he was all game vs Villa and second half vs Hull. The midfield was excellent, Sagna's crossing was shit, Eduardo was poor and Shava disappointing. Super win though, in a great position.

Yeah what's going on with Arshavin lately? I know he's being played out of position but it doesn't explain why he keeps giving the ball away...?
I tell you what we're lucky that people like Nasri and Ramsey are on form because they are covering up the embarassing performances by our strikers, especially Eduardo.

He's normally quiet but then suddenly gets the ball and does something magic... recently he's been quiet and whenever he's got the ball he's miscontrolled it or lost it with a poor pass. :dizzy:
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:23 pm

gzagee wrote:Shava drifts in and out. But if he pops up with crackers like the Bin Dippers and Manure gems then he's that bit of quality I'd give a bligh to.

With talent like that I'm certainly not going to get on his case too much because he can win a game for us in the blink of an eye but it does seem odd that the easiest of passes sometimes go astray.
I think he wants to be facing goal and running at defenders not backing into them. We really need Bendy to come back and help him out by doing the donkey work.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10