Arsenal Vs Aston Villa | Premiership 27/12/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa | Premiership 27/12/09

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:05 am

Great win for the lads, we needed to win and we did this with some-what of an ease :D

In the first 60minutes we looked very flat and had no out-ball to our strikers but when Cesc came on it was a different story. What a performance by him and hopefully his injury isn't too bad!

Sagna was shit for the most part, he needs to sort out his crossing but Traore put in a decent shift,which surprised me becuase I dont rate him that much at left back.

Great win overall though :D
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Arsenal Vs Aston Villa | Premiership 27/12/09

Postby maslo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:18 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:Sagna was shit for the most part, he needs to sort out his crossing but Traore put in a decent shift,which surprised me becuase I dont rate him that much at left back.

people keep saying sagna was shit cos he cant cross but put that a side and defensively apart from a small period after we'd scored our second where we looked a little sketchy he played pretty well. he kept ashley young so quiet he had to swap wings where he less effective. it seemed sagna had finally realised if you show young down the line he doesnt have a left foot. and on the other wing traore then did the same and forced him to cut in onto his weak foot.
sagna also pushed forwards alot and with overlapping runs created space and meant most of our chances came down that right in first half. agree with his crossing its a shame he cant sort that out its bit ridiculous, eboue has such a good cross.

but anyway i'd just like to point out how good we defended, song guarded the defence brilliantly both full backs had the wingers in their pockets and gallas and vermaelen between them had agbonlahor completely lost for ideas. (anyone notice how quick vermy is? went toe for toe with agbonlahor a couple of times)

anyway so happy with the result, brilliant attacking display built on solid and effective defence.
i pray their are no more major injuries and that cesc isnt out for too long
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10