Arsenal Vs Hull | Premiership 19/12/2009

Re: Arsenal Vs Hull | Premiership 19/12/2009

Postby Popey » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:01 pm

Danny-K- wrote:
Popey wrote:if wenger plays with diaby, song and denilson it will be horrible. we will create nothing. ramsey needs to start this one.

OOps - three of our best players on the day..!!

Pretty poor first half & starting to really feel the cold until Denilsons absolute cracker of a free kick. Second half we played a lot better as Hull had to press & try & get a goal. Still, it's still worrying to see Eduardo & Walcott missing some sitters.

All in all, a good solid win & made eben better that Liverpool & Man Uts both lost. All we need now is Chelsea to get beat..!!

jep, but I don't think I was the only one who though like that.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Danny-K- » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:38 pm

Popey wrote:
Danny-K- wrote:
Popey wrote:if wenger plays with diaby, song and denilson it will be horrible. we will create nothing. ramsey needs to start this one.

OOps - three of our best players on the day..!!

Pretty poor first half & starting to really feel the cold until Denilsons absolute cracker of a free kick. Second half we played a lot better as Hull had to press & try & get a goal. Still, it's still worrying to see Eduardo & Walcott missing some sitters.

All in all, a good solid win & made eben better that Liverpool & Man Uts both lost. All we need now is Chelsea to get beat..!!

jep, but I don't think I was the only one who though like that.

I wasn't having a go, I just thought it funnily ironic..!!

We didn't think he would play on Sunday because he was suspended - that makes me think he has all the qualities to join Arsenal!
Arsene Wenger
Danny-K-
Patrick Vieira

Postby SE13 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Arsenal Supporter,

We had to fight hard on Saturday evening to beat Hull. We had a few problems to start off with because we used a lot of physical strength in our last two games at Liverpool and Burnley. That meant it took us some time to get into the game and to find the pace.

In the first half we didn't look very fresh but we managed to get in front.

I have to admit I was puzzled that Denilson took the free-kick. But I was even more puzzled that he put it in the net!

The players know who takes the free-kicks. Van Persie is No 1, Fabregas No 2 and Vermaelen goes for long distance or maybe Nasri.

Perhaps Nasri was going to take it this time but he had a problem. Sometimes you have to accept that when someone doesn't feel right they give it to someone else.

Even though the penalty save was a turning point, we scored a second goal straight away and we had plenty of chances after that.

We came into the Hull game on the back of the news that Manchester United had lost at Fulham. That shows everybody can lose everywhere. That is new. Since I have been here, it is the first season that it's really been like that. Also it means the most consistent team will make it at the end of the day.

Every team appears to be having blips this season but the team that keeps going, and keeps believing will have a chance.

We have now taken ten points out of 12 since we lost to Chelsea at the end of November. That defeat hurt. When you look on TV and see people saying that it was men against boys that day then it does hurt. But they have kept going, kept fighting and that's good. It makes me proud that after this game we didn't give up.

We'll be going for the title in the New Year. And I’d like to finish this email by wishing all our supporters a very Merry Christmas and thanking you for your continuing support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10