Arsenal Vs Hull | Premiership 19/12/2009

Re: Arsenal Vs Hull | Premiership 19/12/2009

Postby saga4711 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:30 pm

3-0 Happy with clean sheet. Hopefully we don't get any trouble for that tunnel mess at half time
saga4711
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby ewalborn15 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:31 pm

SE13 wrote:
ewalborn15 wrote:What the f**k are the fans doing leaving the game early. we're up and festive yet people are leaving. I think this is a bad sign of our fan base.

That's your modern fan matey.

Back in my day (before they kicked our sort out) it never happened.

Sad really.

damn kids these days. . . like myself. haha, bet seriously it is sad. My generation needs to realize what it means to be a true fan and supporting your team all the way til the end of the game no matter what the score line is or what the weather is like. Get out there and show your boys they got a full stadium on their side til the end.
DRINK AND BE MERRY!!

And it's Arsenal! Arsenal FC! We're by far the BEST TEAM the world has EVER SEEN!
Words that will bring tears to any Gooner's eye.
ewalborn15
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Goose » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:32 pm

FYD for being our best player lol

FYA for making great saves and commanding your box

FYD (Brazilian) for scoring our first direct free kick since 2007

FYE for scoring a goal after 10 matches and looking sharp!
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:32 pm

Easy 3 points in the end but it COULD have ended very differently.

We still need a big dominant striker in January but a couple more results like this through till Jan and i will be very very happy.

Win our game in hand and we will go above the Mancs too.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Gunflash » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:33 pm

We need Chelsea to lose again soon. There's an almighty crush developing at the top of the table.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ewalborn15 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:34 pm

Great match mates. Have a good week and we'll convene again the 27th for another match. Hail to the Arsenal and all have a merry christmas or hanukah or kwanza of festivus (Seinfeld reference) or whatever you celebrate. Drink and Be Merry!!
DRINK AND BE MERRY!!

And it's Arsenal! Arsenal FC! We're by far the BEST TEAM the world has EVER SEEN!
ewalborn15
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby zimstunna » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:37 pm

Phew!! We Gooners are a fickle lot!! It all ends in smiles after effing and blinding through the first half :-D
zimstunna
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Gunflash » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:40 pm

Almunia presented Diaby with the MOTM champagne. I was waiting for Almunia to drop it.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby dunkdafunk » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:41 pm

dont think it was anything in the tunnel

im very happy with manuel today.
His pen save won us the game. It was hull's best chance. and it propelled us on to get the second right after.

Good run by diaby to make the second goal, typical arsenal goal that, if u pass the ball close enough to goal, even a striker off form can get it in.

Stream went down during 3rd goal, will have to MOTD it later

Diaby MOTM we needed the 3 defensive minded player in mid to start it stopped us getting bossed by hull's 5 man midfield.
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby SE13 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:43 pm

ewalborn15 wrote:
SE13 wrote:
ewalborn15 wrote:What the f**k are the fans doing leaving the game early. we're up and festive yet people are leaving. I think this is a bad sign of our fan base.

Sad really.

damn kids these days. . . like myself. haha, bet seriously it is sad. My generation needs to realize what it means to be a true fan and supporting your team all the way til the end of the game no matter what the score line is or what the weather is like. Get out there and show your boys they got a full stadium on their side til the end.

You'll soon see when you read through the forum, our sort were virtually crippled by the introduction of seats to grounds, more so by moving to the lifeless bowl.

Back in the 70's and 80's a result was a bonus to the day out, not the bee all and end all of it.

And it was damn rare you came home without some sort of voice problem!

Not to mention the befores, durings and afters....... Image

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby dunkdafunk » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:44 pm

gunngunn wrote:Easy 3 points in the end but it COULD have ended very differently.

We still need a big dominant striker in January but a couple more results like this through till Jan and i will be very very happy.

Win our game in hand and we will go above the Mancs too.

dont think we need a new striker,

just play theo upfront for a few games, get him some easy goals like eduardo's and he can catch opposition back line off guard when its pushed up with his pace.

but then again a big guy could help usadd another tactic to our attacking play esp against other top teams, who arent gonna be chacing the game.
in wenger we trust
dunkdafunk
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby maslo » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:47 pm

zimstunna wrote:Phew!! We Gooners are a fickle lot!! It all ends in smiles after effing and blinding through the first half :-D

ha thats just all football fans!

pleasing result, i thought diaby was good, kept bursting through midfield which is great when a team puts alot of players behind the ball cos it draws out the defence and makes things happen.
shame to see walcott again failing to take his chance with his 15 mins, obviously its hard but youd think 3-0 down he'd be busting a gut to make runs and get the ball 1 on 1. hope his form returns.

eduardo looking abit better today had a few more wayward shots but played some nice touches.

obviolusly it was just hull but good to put burnley behind us and we are still winning without hitting form keep this up till January and buy a striker i recon.
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Massa » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:56 pm

I'm going by Fantasy League points when I say:

Well done Arshavin, Alumina & Diaby!

The former getting 6 points, and the latter two with 11 :shock:

Too bad I didn't have any of them...
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby SE13 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Just thinking about the complete lack of atmosphere today, then following the next game on ESPN, there comes the answer again. Terraces.

Face it, it was awful today, yet they go to some poxy game in Germany and it's terrific. Terraces behind the goal, amazing atmosphere, though they might shoot themselves in the foot with the fences, but it's exactly what we need back here.

I've said it enough times......

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby ewalborn15 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:31 pm

SE13 wrote:
ewalborn15 wrote:
SE13 wrote:

Sad really.

You'll soon see when you read through the forum, our sort were virtually crippled by the introduction of seats to grounds, more so by moving to the lifeless bowl.

Back in the 70's and 80's a result was a bonus to the day out, not the bee all and end all of it.

And it was damn rare you came home without some sort of voice problem!

Not to mention the befores, durings and afters....... Image

SE13, I see what you're saying when you mention the lifeless bowl. You watch an away match and you hear our fans competing with the home fans for "which chant can be heard on tv award." It really is a shame the move from highbury has crippled the enthusiasm, even though i wasn't a fan during the highbury times. but as individuals we have to keep supporting our club 100% and encouraging our friends and fellow fans to do the same at all times.
DRINK AND BE MERRY!!

ewalborn15
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10