Burnley Vs Arsenal | Premiership 16/12/09

Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal | Premiership 16/12/09

Postby Psycho Gooneress » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:18 pm

Having just got home from watching a pretty dire game of football whereby Sylvestre was such a liability as he was getting out of position so much. Walcott acted as if he was on Prozac with a lack lustre performance. In my opnion Song, Gallas and Arshavin stood out as at least trying.

Please when are we going to give up on Aluminia and buy ourselves a keeper. I cant remember having such a un decisive Arsenal goallie in40 years of supporting them. Please we need to spend a bit in January.
Psycho Gooneress
Liam Brady

Postby Danny-K- » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:26 pm

Psycho Gooneress wrote:Please when are we going to give up on Aluminia and buy ourselves a keeper. I cant remember having such a un decisive Arsenal goallie in40 years of supporting them. Please we need to spend a bit in January.

:BangHead: My thoughts entirely for a while now - Almunia should have been dropped a while back now as he has been pretty awful this season. Let's get Fabianski in there as he seems to come for balls more often with courage & conviction.

Really disappointed with tonights result, especially after winning such an important game on Sunday. When are we going to shrug off the shackles of drawing/losing to lesser teams away from home..?

:BangHead: As Wenger says, if we are going to win the title we needed to win at Burnley.....

We didn't think he would play on Sunday because he was suspended - that makes me think he has all the qualities to join Arsenal!
Arsene Wenger
Danny-K-
Patrick Vieira

Postby Leody » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:33 pm

And Almunia is saved by the linesman...

How in the world did he not get that cross?

Edit: Opps, forgot I'm not watching this live... haha
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby foxy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:49 am

gzagee wrote:I think I see where we differ, foxy. I don't see us winning the title this year. I hope we'll be closer than we were last term but i don't think we're strong enough to win it.

Def not strong enough to win it. In fairness we have had a better start this term but the squad still doesnt have any depth to cover injuries. I personally dont think we will win and fight for 3rd and 4th. Some strength in the right areas could fix this for next year but i fear its too late to get that title this year
Aaron Ramsey's magic, he wears an Arsenal hat. Sir Alex said come play for me but Aaron said f**k that. Ramsey is a Gooners fan, he wears his shirt with pride, he plays for Arsenal FC, red and white army by his side!
foxy
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:09 am

Oh dear
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby gooneritis » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:01 am

f***ing disgrace.
utter disgrace.

ive not been this angry in a long time, f***ing atrocious performance.

our defence is a f***ing joke, gallas, sagna and most of all that shit c*** almunia.

walcott is just as shit, useless pile of dross, does more damage to himself tripping over his own legs.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Q8 Gooner » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:40 am

Shocking!! Really disappointed.. I thought they would be up for it after the big win against liverpool.. They were clearly not!! We are lucky this year that Chelsea and Man U are weaker than the last few seasons and the mid-table teams are stronger or we would have been out of the race by now.. I don't think we will be there by Feb.. Going back to the game.. Diaby was the best man on the field for me.. He played his best game with very less errors.. But it seems that Walcott will never be the player we expected him to be.. He seems like another Penant.. What about Almunia!! How shit he is!! I can't believe he is a keeper for a top 4 side!! Arsene needs to stop being so stubborn and just go ahead and buy an accomplished and experienced keeper from the PL..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby rogerthornhill » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:24 am

Q8 Gooner wrote:Arsene needs to stop being so stubborn and just go ahead and buy an accomplished and experienced keeper from the PL..

That's right and he had a good opportunity to sign Given for about £8m when it became obvious that Given would be leaving Newcastle. That was some time before Man City showed an interest in him.
rogerthornhill
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GunnGunn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:32 pm

gooneritis wrote:f***ing disgrace.
utter disgrace.

our defence is a f***ing joke, gallas, sagna and most of all that shit **** almunia.

walcott is just as shit, useless pile of dross, does more damage to himself tripping over his own legs.

I have only just seen this but Jesus and you say i am negative?

At least i aim my negativity at people who deserve it.

Gallas was our stand out player yesterday, his experience proved vital, Vermaelen made a massive mistake and if i recall it was Silvestre who kept being skinned, not Sagna who also put in a good defensive shift.

Agree about Alu and Walcock though.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Rockin' Robin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:25 pm

gunngunn wrote:
gooneritis wrote:f***ing disgrace.
utter disgrace.

our defence is a f***ing joke, gallas, sagna and most of all that shit **** almunia.

I have only just seen this but Jesus and you say i am negative?

At least i aim my negativity at people who deserve it.

Gallas was our stand out player yesterday, his experience proved vital, Vermaelen made a massive mistake and if i recall it was Silvestre who kept being skinned, not Sagna who also put in a good defensive shift.

Agree about Alu and Walcock though.

That and what you said in the Almunia, Sagna, Gallas thread I agreed with 100%.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Classy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:36 pm

Not happy about our performance, I was expecting a good showing after our last few games because we hadn't been good in the last few games. We were lacking desire and determination to win the game. That is a massive blow to our Premiership hopes and it will take alot to get right back into it again. We aren't out of it, well, just yet atleast. There is still a long way in the season to go.
Classy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10