Burnley Vs Arsenal | Premiership 16/12/09

Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal | Premiership 16/12/09

Postby murphy1118 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:01 pm

gzagee wrote:lucifer, if i didn't know the result I'd've read your post abd thought we'd just lost, lol.

Its pretty damn close to a loss.
murphy1118
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Goose » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:01 pm

TheOne2Smooth wrote:Me and IMF have made a suicide pact

Get Silvestre to join you and its all good!!

He added nothing to the attack, let alone getting owned, all their attacks came down our left wing!

We really missed Traore, let alone Clichy or Gibbs.....
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:02 pm

Draws are 2/3 of a loss, so yes it's pretty close.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:02 pm

murphy1118 wrote:
gzagee wrote:lucifer, if i didn't know the result I'd've read your post abd thought we'd just lost, lol.

True, but we were also close to winning.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby murphy1118 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:04 pm

gzagee wrote:
murphy1118 wrote:

yeah we seem to do that alot don't we? One wonders why we don't win the Prem...
murphy1118
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Goose » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez, its not a loss, we cant win every match and Burnley do very well at home, at least we got a point
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby gzagee » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:06 pm

murphy1118 wrote:
gzagee wrote:
murphy1118 wrote:

yeah we seem to do that alot don't we? One wonders why we don't win the Prem...

Only our second draw in the league this season ;)
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Popey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:07 pm

The Midfield General wrote:
lucifer82 wrote:Ah, that's the Arsenal I've come to expect. That result and particularly that performance typifies what we are. Bottlers and indecisive morons. I'm not puttin a downer on Burnley, fair play to em, they play for their manager, the crowd and the shirt. The main reason they give us a game is because they give it a damn good go, they're committed and they run their socks us off. Why can't our players do that? In truth, that high tempo style Burnley played frightens the life out us. Our players can't hack it, they start makin mistakes and lose confidence. Our passes don't come off, our game slows down and we lose most 50-50's. It's actually embarassin to watch. We get bullied and look like children. Walcott wants to start doin less interviews and press and actually try puttin in a performance. Again, he plays with total fear, frightened to make a mistake. He was utter tosh tonight. I like Nasri, I really do, but I remember seein him for Marseille a few times, particularly once at Anfield and he was a swashbuckler. He took people on, made penetratin runs, shot from outside the box... now, he plays safe. Like the rest of em. We need to get our game back, get rid of this fear because when we play bad any half decent team can turn us over, easy. Luckily for us we met a ropey Liverpool outfit and the result just papered over the cracks.

Great post mate.

Nasri did do that once against Liverpool, flicked the ball past the defender, went forwards and took a long shot, but that was it. They need to stop playing so one-dimensional, stop passing so much and just do whatever the hell it is they do well. For Arshavin it's long shots and dribbling - shoot from range and dribble. Same for Nasri - shoot from range and dribble. Walcott - try use your speed for something.

but that's the big difference between barca and arsenal. at barca they let the players play like they want but at arsenal they force them to play the pass-till-you-walk-in-the-goal system. they are not aloud to shot. sounds maybe a little bit harsh but if you look at the way we play...

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby lucifer82 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:08 pm

I tell yer, if we actually played, got stuck in and went for it, I'd take a loss cos at least we could say we gave it a go. It feels like a defeat to me because the performance is so abject. When players like Walcott and Almunia produce performances like that, we deserve to lose. What was that 2nd half? What don't these idiots get? I find it hard to have sympathy for em, to be honest. They need takin out of the cotton wool and given a right scoldin.
"I would rather smother my son than let him support Tottenham." - Noel Gallagher
"It's weird, innit? You don't see any white dog shit around anymore, do ya? Not since the 70's." - Bones (AKA Perry Benson)
lucifer82
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Rockin' Robin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Popey wrote:
The Midfield General wrote:
lucifer82 wrote:Ah, that's the Arsenal I've come to expect. That result and particularly that performance typifies what we are. Bottlers and indecisive morons. I'm not puttin a downer on Burnley, fair play to em, they play for their manager, the crowd and the shirt. The main reason they give us a game is because they give it a damn good go, they're committed and they run their socks us off. Why can't our players do that? In truth, that high tempo style Burnley played frightens the life out us. Our players can't hack it, they start makin mistakes and lose confidence. Our passes don't come off, our game slows down and we lose most 50-50's. It's actually embarassin to watch. We get bullied and look like children. Walcott wants to start doin less interviews and press and actually try puttin in a performance. Again, he plays with total fear, frightened to make a mistake. He was utter tosh tonight. I like Nasri, I really do, but I remember seein him for Marseille a few times, particularly once at Anfield and he was a swashbuckler. He took people on, made penetratin runs, shot from outside the box... now, he plays safe. Like the rest of em. We need to get our game back, get rid of this fear because when we play bad any half decent team can turn us over, easy. Luckily for us we met a ropey Liverpool outfit and the result just papered over the cracks.

Great post mate.

Nasri did do that once against Liverpool, flicked the ball past the defender, went forwards and took a long shot, but that was it. They need to stop playing so one-dimensional, stop passing so much and just do whatever the hell it is they do well. For Arshavin it's long shots and dribbling - shoot from range and dribble. Same for Nasri - shoot from range and dribble. Walcott - try use your speed for something.

but that's the big difference between barca and arsenal. at barca they let the players play like they want but at arsenal they force them to play the pass-till-you-walk-in-the-goal system. they are not aloud to shot. sounds maybe a little bit harsh but if you look at the way we play...

Exactly. We need to give our players more freedom!
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby foxy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:11 pm

gzagee wrote:
murphy1118 wrote:

what for the first 15mins? We were never close to winning and if we had managed to get another goal they would have easily got one back!
Aaron Ramsey's magic, he wears an Arsenal hat. Sir Alex said come play for me but Aaron said f**k that. Ramsey is a Gooners fan, he wears his shirt with pride, he plays for Arsenal FC, red and white army by his side!
foxy
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gzagee » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:12 pm

lucifer82 wrote:

I tell yer, if we actually played, got stuck in and went for it, I'd take a loss cos at least we could say we gave it a go. It feels like a defeat to me because the performance is so abject. When players like Walcott and Almunia produce performances like that, we deserve to lose. What was that 2nd half? What don't these idiots get? I find it hard to have sympathy for em, to be honest. They need takin out of the cotton wool and given a right scoldin.

After our 2nd half performance i'm grateful for the point. At least we didn't lose, which would've been much, much worse.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:13 pm

foxy wrote:
gzagee wrote:
murphy1118 wrote:

what for the first 15mins? We were never close to winning and if we had managed to get another goal they would have easily got one back!

We score those two chances, score's 3-0, and the game's put to bed dude.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:34 pm

gzagee wrote:
foxy wrote:
gzagee wrote:
murphy1118 wrote:

We score those two chances, score's 3-0, and the game's put to bed dude.

True, but isn't this always the typical failing of Arsenal? We are almost NEVER that clinical and it's why we don't win games like this. True title-winners don't outplay all the opponents they beat but they smash in their chances winning games by sometimes flattering scorelines because of it.

We lack the title-winner's edge and have done for years; and it's that edge which gives the consistancy we're looking for. You can't create tons of chances every game, it's impossible, and there will be periods of the season where you're not at the races which is when you need your finishing and defensive play to be top notch to make up for the lack of flamboyant prowess - at least if you want to win the league that is.
Last edited by Myrmedus on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:37 pm

I think I see where we differ, foxy. I don't see us winning the title this year. I hope we'll be closer than we were last term but i don't think we're strong enough to win it.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10