Burnley Vs Arsenal | Premiership 16/12/09

Re: Burnley Vs Arsenal | Premiership 16/12/09

Postby Rockin' Robin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:51 pm

Okay, on the bright side, United with a full team lost to Burnley away, we with half our best players injured drew 1-1, so I guess that's something.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Briggsy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:53 pm

Me and IMF have made a suicide pact
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby foxy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:54 pm

The Midfield General wrote:Okay, on the bright side, United with a full team lost to Burnley away, we with half our best players injured drew 1-1, so I guess that's something.

Glass is half full?
Aaron Ramsey's magic, he wears an Arsenal hat. Sir Alex said come play for me but Aaron said f**k that. Ramsey is a Gooners fan, he wears his shirt with pride, he plays for Arsenal FC, red and white army by his side!
foxy
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Popey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:54 pm

The Midfield General wrote:Okay, on the bright side, United with a full team lost to Burnley away, we with half our best players injured drew 1-1, so I guess that's something.

agree. but the problem is that we could have killed the game after 15min. and teams like manU or chelsea can do that. we can't. that's one reason why they beat teams like that.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Wizza » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:55 pm

Silvestre nearly caused us about 3 goals and was caught in noman's land about 5 times.

Walcott was invisible and the few times he got hold of the ball he looked so nervous.

Diaby and nasri and looked very average if that.

Almunia looked like he was going to give a goal away any second and his kicking was he had no energy.

sagna couldnt cross but did half decent with defending.

verm was decent but made the wrong decision for the penalty.

gallas did well considering he had to defend for both himself and silvetre

song, fabregas were good arshavin had a few good shots when was given the ball.

I didnt think i would say this but we were missing bentner.
Wizza
Liam Brady

Postby gzagee » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:56 pm

Wizza, Verm is the left sided CB whilst Willy plays right side. ;)
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby lucifer82 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:57 pm

Ah, that's the Arsenal I've come to expect. That result and particularly that performance typifies what we are. Bottlers and indecisive morons. I'm not puttin a downer on Burnley, fair play to em, they play for their manager, the crowd and the shirt. The main reason they give us a game is because they give it a damn good go, they're committed and they run their socks us off. Why can't our players do that? In truth, that high tempo style Burnley played frightens the life out us. Our players can't hack it, they start makin mistakes and lose confidence. Our passes don't come off, our game slows down and we lose most 50-50's. It's actually embarassin to watch. We get bullied and look like children. Walcott wants to start doin less interviews and press and actually try puttin in a performance. Again, he plays with total fear, frightened to make a mistake. He was utter tosh tonight. I like Nasri, I really do, but I remember seein him for Marseille a few times, particularly once at Anfield and he was a swashbuckler. He took people on, made penetratin runs, shot from outside the box... now, he plays safe. Like the rest of em. We need to get our game back, get rid of this fear because when we play bad any half decent team can turn us over, easy. Luckily for us we met a ropey Liverpool outfit and the result just papered over the cracks.
"I would rather smother my son than let him support Tottenham." - Noel Gallagher
"It's weird, innit? You don't see any white dog shit around anymore, do ya? Not since the 70's." - Bones (AKA Perry Benson)
lucifer82
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:57 pm

The injuries are a joke, it's like AW goes after sick-note players intentionally or something.

Grah....

Anyway for me this is the difference between Arsenal and Chelsea. Without Drogba Chelsea found it f***ing hard vs. Portsmouth but they dug out a gritty 2-1 win yet we didn't have that extra punch. Tactics, goal plans etc. call it what you want but we lack a versatility that the other 2 have.

When is Bendtner back anyway?
Last edited by Myrmedus on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Rockin' Robin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:58 pm

After the New Year Myrmedus. :(
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Popey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Myrmedus wrote:The injuries are a joke, it's like AW goes after sick-note players intentionally or something.

Grah....

When is Bendtner back anyway?

january or something like that

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby foxy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:59 pm

lucifer82 wrote:Ah, that's the Arsenal I've come to expect. That result and particularly that performance typifies what we are. Bottlers and indecisive morons. I'm not puttin a downer on Burnley, fair play to em, they play for their manager, the crowd and the shirt. The main reason they give us a game is because they give it a damn good go, they're committed and they run their socks us off. Why can't our players do that? In truth, that high tempo style Burnley played frightens the life out us. Our players can't hack it, they start makin mistakes and lose confidence. Our passes don't come off, our game slows down and we lose most 50-50's. It's actually embarassin to watch. We get bullied and look like children. Walcott wants to start doin less interviews and press and actually try puttin in a performance. Again, he plays with total fear, frightened to make a mistake. He was utter tosh tonight. I like Nasri, I really do, but I remember seein him for Marseille a few times, particularly once at Anfield and he was a swashbuckler. He took people on, made penetratin runs, shot from outside the box... now, he plays safe. Like the rest of em. We need to get our game back, get rid of this fear because when we play bad any half decent team can turn us over, easy. Luckily for us we met a ropey Liverpool outfit and the result just papered over the cracks.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Aaron Ramsey's magic, he wears an Arsenal hat. Sir Alex said come play for me but Aaron said f**k that. Ramsey is a Gooners fan, he wears his shirt with pride, he plays for Arsenal FC, red and white army by his side!
foxy
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby gzagee » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:59 pm

lucifer, if i didn't know the result I'd've read your post abd thought we'd just lost, lol.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Myrmedus » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:59 pm

Lovely....

Sigh.
Go Cannons!!
Myrmedus
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Popey » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:59 pm

lucifer82 wrote:Ah, that's the Arsenal I've come to expect. That result and particularly that performance typifies what we are. Bottlers and indecisive morons. I'm not puttin a downer on Burnley, fair play to em, they play for their manager, the crowd and the shirt. The main reason they give us a game is because they give it a damn good go, they're committed and they run their socks us off. Why can't our players do that? In truth, that high tempo style Burnley played frightens the life out us. Our players can't hack it, they start makin mistakes and lose confidence. Our passes don't come off, our game slows down and we lose most 50-50's. It's actually embarassin to watch. We get bullied and look like children. Walcott wants to start doin less interviews and press and actually try puttin in a performance. Again, he plays with total fear, frightened to make a mistake. He was utter tosh tonight. I like Nasri, I really do, but I remember seein him for Marseille a few times, particularly once at Anfield and he was a swashbuckler. He took people on, made penetratin runs, shot from outside the box... now, he plays safe. Like the rest of em. We need to get our game back, get rid of this fear because when we play bad any half decent team can turn us over, easy. Luckily for us we met a ropey Liverpool outfit and the result just papered over the cracks.

good post.

agree. nasri is afraid to shot. but that's wenger. he doesn't like when his players shot from outside the box. I hate that.

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Rockin' Robin » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:00 pm

Great post mate.

Nasri did do that once against Liverpool, flicked the ball past the defender, went forwards and took a long shot, but that was it. They need to stop playing so one-dimensional, stop passing so much and just do whatever the hell it is they do well. For Arshavin it's long shots and dribbling - shoot from range and dribble. Same for Nasri - shoot from range and dribble. Walcott - try use your speed for something.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10