Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:02 pm

dj_jonty_uk wrote:
gunner2018 wrote:
The Massa Machine wrote:f**k this f***ing shit

out of the prem
out of the cc
out of players
in arsene we f***ing trust eh?

its the CC, praise the youth players instead of having a go because there losin 2-0 away from home to a team costing £200m

well said, 'cause we were never going to play our first team tonight. this competition is about our youngsters progressing in their development.

it's different for city though........£200m for the carling cup? is it really worth it? have they got any youngsters apart from weiss (who i think is exceptional)

You lot make no sence. You spent all this year saying we're shit despite spending our money. Yet use the money as an excuse when you lose?

It's not the money that was the difference. It was the choice in line ups.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Re: Man City Vs Arsenal | Carling Cup QF 02/12/09

Postby Yorkyblue » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:04 pm

dj_jonty_uk wrote:
gunngunn wrote:
Goose wrote:We have Stoke at home in 3 days, AW prioritised, the CC is not a major trophy

Should we have played more 1st teamers and risk further injuries?

What and play them against Stoke and risk them for the next game, or the next or the next or the next?

you're an idiot!!!!!......by your comment, we should buy players and play them once, in case they get injured?

He's right mate, that's why we fielded the team we did. We have Chelsea at the weekend so thought we should rest our stars... ;)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fordy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:06 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
dj_jonty_uk wrote:
gunngunn wrote:
Goose wrote:We have Stoke at home in 3 days, AW prioritised, the CC is not a major trophy

What and play them against Stoke and risk them for the next game, or the next or the next or the next?

you're an idiot!!!!!......by your comment, we should buy players and play them once, in case they get injured?

He's right mate, that's why we fielded the team we did. We have Chelsea at the weekend so thought we should rest our stars... ;)

i said this to trina that you have chelsea next, just shows winning comes first
Fordy

Postby gooner90 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:09 pm

bit happier chelski went out but why did we have nobody on the bench,should at least have nasri walcott eduardo on the bench players that could do with the match practice and boost confidence give them half hour or so but yet again nobody to bring on
gooner90
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Git » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:48 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
Hypogooner wrote:Dont know about you guys but I think it's funny when top teams put out their strongest possible side again our kids. If they beat us it's because it's our kids but if we win it makes them look ridiculous. I would love it so much if They get some bad injuries tonight.

This post pissed me off.

Of course we put a strong team out cos it's an important trophy. You're acting like everyone should put a second team out.

Totally agree with both yourself and the Bish.

Does make me chuckle that some Arsenal fans think that because we (and Man U) brood our youngsters in this competition that it is legally binding for other clubs to; or if they field a full strength side they're deemed pathetic.

Bottom line is Wenger doesn't priortise the Carling Cup and uses it for our youngsters and the only reason people are moaning is because we lost. People would be bumming the man if we beat City and gloating like we'd just won the damn thing.

Our fans are real fickle sometimes.

Well played City, no hard feelings from me whatsoever.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Goose » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:50 pm

Well said Git

How would people have felt if we won and played Manures kids with our 1st team?
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby gooner90 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:52 pm

yeah i agree but we want to be winning games so at least have some decent players on the subs bench, teams are allowed to play who they want and when you havent won a trophy in 5 years then its better than nothing which i think we are heading for another trophyless season im sad to say
gooner90
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby dj_jonty_uk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:01 am

Trina wrote:
dj_jonty_uk wrote:yorky....that's it! damn you with similar names!!!! :P

Very different.....Fordy is my other half and Yorky is my brother, lol

woops, sorry.....don't wanna get those mixed up! lol. only 2 letters difference

please excuse my ignorance and idiocy.....
dj_jonty_uk
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby dj_jonty_uk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:07 am

Yorkyblue wrote:
dj_jonty_uk wrote:
gunngunn wrote:

this is nothing to do with tonight.....but it'll be tough against chelsea. i think they're definately the team to beat this season........have said so since the start of august.
dj_jonty_uk
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby dj_jonty_uk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:11 am

Goose wrote:Well said Git

How would people have felt if we won and played Manures kids with our 1st team?

we wouldn't have played our 1st team.......are you not following the pattern? ;)
dj_jonty_uk
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:40 am

as i said the other day, our defensive prob comes from our midfielders lack of cover for our full backs..... look at the goals again tonight, so obvious it hurts dont see how this hasnt been addressed yet, literally schoolbay stuff

on he CC debate... would i have been happy if we had won just Carling Cup this year? no! because essentially it isnt our first team winning it so wouldnt be the same, plus wengers not going to change his plans, its funny how peoples oppinions change 100% whether we win or lose about his philosophy, pundits say how great it is that he does it when we win, then when we lose not one of them mention that its still a good learning experience or whatever.

if i was manager i would do things differently, and add in more experienced players each round

on tonights performances, traore was good until he got booked then he was poor, midfield? hmmm could do more. vela was a nuisance at least which is more than eduardo has been recently(i think he will get his form back though)

our man of the match was silvestre, apart from his misread of that high ball that he ended up getting booked for

we cant expect to win, or get too upset when you see the line ups, fair play to city the pressure was on them, a no win situation, added to the fact they are on poor form themselves, and some quality goals

onwards now, hopefully city will be on a high and take on chelsea this weekend.

us against stoke??? seriously worried about this one, without song especially...although they arent going to play through us so if he is going to be missing it might as well be a long ball team he is missing against. we could really do with a couple of cheap goals from set pieces early on to settle us down, otherwise i aint confident
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby gooner90 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:59 am

we will beat stoke at home
gooner90
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Rockin' Robin » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:36 am

That wasn't a good display really. Sure, we didn't concede for 50 minutes but that was because of City's impotence in front of goal, not our strong defending. Rosicky was poor, cost us the first goal and what Song was doing for it I'm not sure. Got more attacking, but still didn't seem to realise what we were doing wasn't working! Then finally, in the last few minutes, we have a shot from outside the area, and it nearly works, hitting the bar! Great effort from Merida, who I thought was one of our best players tbh - shows how good we were because he didn't do much. We have all these players, Rosicky, Ramsey, Merida that were in the team yesterday, Fabregas, Nasri, Denilson who played v Chelsea, who can all score from outside the box, yet under Wenger they don't seem to want to, they just try over and over to pass the ball into the net, even when it doesn't work, clearly.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:33 am

*sigh* whats the now? Three loss'es on the bounce now?

I started to get pissed off at AW now, I mean this was his best chance to relive a bit of pressure off himself by challenging for the Carling Cup, but he fluffed that one. He could have easily put out a stronger youth side, but that one was seriously weak.

We were too lightweight in midfield without Song who was wasted at centre back and we were too lightweight upfront.

Gutted about this, possibly the first in the four final nails in AW's coffin?
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Yorkyblue » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:52 am

TheLittleMozart wrote:*sigh* whats the now? Three loss'es on the bounce now?

And no goals scored if memory serves me right.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10