Wolves Vs Arsenal | Premiership 07/11/09

Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal | Premiership 07/11/09

Postby Q8 Gooner » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:36 am

Ramsey had avery good game.. He really needs to be playing for Diaby.. Fabregas, Ramsey and Song looks good for me..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:50 am

In case you're not sure what I'm on about please refer to passage in red

gooneritis wrote:
Goose wrote:
LadyforSpike wrote:All around it was a good performance, but I'm mighty pissed about that Almunia can't keep a clean sheet.
We really need a worldclass goalie.
I'm sick of watching us concedeing lame goals in the last minutes of any given match.

A lot of it comes from our defence switching off in the dying moments and leaving the goal open to attacks, the header was pretty much unstoppable

We get ahead by loads of goals, then the team relaxes and takes it easy, next thing you know the opposition score.

I really cant see why so many people find it upsetting that we let 1 goal in, when we are scoring 3 or 4?

If we were to win the EPL or CL or both, would people say yeah, its great and all, but we didnt have enough clean sheets, so we didnt deserve it??

Its a football match, not a hotel.

We play attacking football, so will always be a little vulnerable at the back, same with all attacking teams, like Barca and Real.

it's about complete football.
if we're letting in sloppy goals from poor concentration it's a concern.
we can win 4-1 every game of the season for all i care, we'll piss the league, but its concerning we let in terrible goals from lack of concentration, one day it will cost us

In the above you counter Goose's comment by saying we can win everything 4-1 but sloppy goals will cost us. Then,

gooneritis wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Only caught the second half. Good win overall, that's what, the 3rd or 4th sitter Eduardo has missed in a week?

And of course we didn't keep a clean sheet! I don't think we much this season

fair play for taking the glass half empty stance.

to think you had the cheek to call me the most negative person on the forum :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

also :lol: to the eduardo criticism, only created the first 2 goals. been injured the past month so not had much match time, but lets not let that get in the way of people having a moan about one of our players, after all, diaby didn't play long enough for you all to sharpen your knives.

we won 4-1 ffs :rolleyes:

Here in response to CG's comment about our inability to keep a clean sheet, you say 'we won 4-1 ffs' as if saying peeps shouldn't complain cos we won.

I'm totally confused.com :confused2:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Popey » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:37 am

Q8 Gooner wrote:Ramsey had avery good game.. He really needs to be playing for Diaby.. Fabregas, Ramsey and Song looks good for me..

agree. and he only started his 2end PL game. diaby played 100 or so and is still not better than him. wenger said that he wanted to give ramsey between 15 and 20 games this season. so we should see him more.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:50 am

gooneritis wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Only caught the second half. Good win overall, that's what, the 3rd or 4th sitter Eduardo has missed in a week?

And of course we didn't keep a clean sheet! I don't think we much this season

fair play for taking the glass half empty stance.

to think you had the cheek to call me the most negative person on the forum :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

also :lol: to the eduardo criticism, only created the first 2 goals. been injured the past month so not had much match time, but lets not let that get in the way of people having a moan about one of our players, after all, diaby didn't play long enough for you all to sharpen your knives.

we won 4-1 ffs :rolleyes:

You are the most negative person on here. Or at least were, I can tell you've been trying your best to be positive lately. Good on yer ;)

But do read the whole thread would ya. Here I will quote myself as its relevant to you too

CynicalGooner wrote:What's there to say that hasn't been said already? Commentators jizzing on their mics after an average game to make up for months of ignorance?

Merely calling it like it is good man, though you might have missed the good win overall part

:thumbsup:
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:23 pm

Great performace yesterday,I only managed to see up till about 80 minyes but I was very impressed with our overall performance.
We soaked up the early pressure and then slipped up a few gears to win the game.

Although I just realised how lazy a player Eduardo is! He never seems to burst a gut getting anywhere just seems to stroll through games,although if hes scoing the goals who can complain!

Im annoyed at that fact that we conceeded yet another sloppy late goal from a set peice. Its getting to be a bad habit ouf ours.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Classy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:33 pm

I have been looking at other forums (I think you know which one) and some of my fellow Gooners has been thinking more about Wolves' rather than our brilliant attacking display. We actually took them apart from the 25 minute onwards and we should of went into double figures later on in the game. We were that good. Yes, we didn't keep as clean sheet, but we can't stop scoring goals and goals win you games.

I for one am delighted.
Classy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby niko197 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:40 pm

this thread is joke!! we beat them 4-1 and you're complaining how bad was eduardo, who practicly scored first two goals, you're complaining about conceded goal!? we're second on the table, and we beat them 4 f***ing 1!!!!!!!!!!

jesus christ!!! :rolleyes:
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Popey » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:54 am

I also don't understand the problem with eddie. he would have scored 2 goals if they wouldn't have been deflected.

but I think its a problem that we always must conced a goal. a good team should be ending with a clean sheet against a team like wolves. we need to be concentrate till the last minute.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Leody » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:00 am

I'm not complaining in the least, but I see what people are saying about the late goals.

We really do need to get that fixed before it eventually comes back to haunt us. It has already gotten us draws that should have been wins...
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Q8 Gooner » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:02 am

The most pleasing thing in the game was the first 20 mins.. We were under pressure.. crosses flying.. But we stood strong.. It is where we failed a lot of times in the last few seasons.. we used to crack under pressure.. I hope we keep it up.. When we play our game I think there is no doubt about our quality and threat..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:06 am

Unfortunatley i didnt get to watch the game only the highlights but interesting what people ared saying. Am assuming Ramsey had a really good game, i so want that kid to succeed.

Still no complaints here a nice 4-1 win, 3pts in the bag, equal on pts with utd but we're in 2nd, a game in hand & a +22 GD.....life is sweeeeeet!

:arse fan:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby mg86 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:07 pm

gooneritis wrote:it's about complete football.
if we're letting in sloppy goals from poor concentration it's a concern.
we can win 4-1 every game of the season for all i care, we'll piss the league, but its concerning we let in terrible goals from lack of concentration, one day it will cost us

Conceding 1 goal when up by 4 or 3 will never hurt us, ever. The fact the goals are being conceded is because of the score margin. When we play teams in the top 4, the concentration will not let up until the end of the game because most likely we will not be dropping 4 goals in the game. It is all relative and anyone complaining on here is a dumbass, and I choose my words wisely. You are just complaining for attention or because you can't be satisfied with the game of football, where there are no guaranteed wins nor clean sheets. There are much worse problems to be had ie. losing to Fulham or drawing with Birmingham.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:35 pm

I could only catch the highlights of this game on MOTD because of stupid ESPN.
From what I saw we were very lucky in the first half with the two own goals but we made our luck. It's about time we had a bit of luck anyway!
There's no doubt we'd have won the game even without those goals.

So how did Ramsey do in Song's position? I see him as more of an AM so I'm surprised that it was him that deputised for Song.
I can't be bothered to read back sorry.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gzagee » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:20 pm

I don't think Ramsey played in song's position, I think it was Diaby who only played for 10 mins before Song replaced him.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:48 pm

gzagee wrote:I don't think Ramsey played in song's position, I think it was Diaby who only played for 10 mins before Song replaced him.

Well that's what I assumed but Arsenal.com said otherwise:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... olves-trip
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10