Wolves Vs Arsenal | Premiership 07/11/09

Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal | Premiership 07/11/09

Postby golfinguy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:23 pm

I'll have to check my recording again, but I thought I saw one pre-game lineup graphic showing both Diaby and Ramsey behind Cesc.

In any case, it seemed there wasn't a good understanding of roles in the first 20 minutes. Ramsey was deep at times, as was Diaby. But neither was holding the role on his own. Once Diaby went off and Song came on, everyone seemed to understand the roles (or trust Song) better and we improved.

This could be players not taking to an assignment (Diaby and/or Ramsey) - could be Wenger not defining the assignment clearly enough (letting two players not accustomed to the role work it out between themselves). All I know is that our shape was better after Song came on.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Wolves Vs Arsenal | Premiership 07/11/09

Postby SE13 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:50 pm

The shape was far better after Song came on, and the performance changed as well. Players seemed to know better where each other were, and what they were going to do off the ball.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10