Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Carling Cup R4

Re: Arsenal Vs Liverpool | Carling Cup R4

Postby gooneritis » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:30 am

great performance from the kids yet again.

thought ramsey was great but in the last 10 minutes he looked knackered and gave away 3 terrible passes which almost cost us a goal each time. needs to improve his fitness/concentration if he's going to start regularly.

i thought nasri was great and was my MOM.

bendtner showed more promise as a decent right midfielder but needs to stop giving away lazy passes which put our defence under pressure and he needs to work harder, his laziness cost us the goal.

thought gilbert looked poor, ran around like a headless chicken most of the time and got beaten in challenges/headers, doubt he'll make it.

gibbs was quality, eduardo had his moments, both great squad players who are pressing for starts.

merida looked good as did debutant eastmond.

senderos had a great game too.

still looked shaky in defence, but we deserved the win and it's good to knock them out yet again.

*awaits IMF and his post about Diaby*
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Younggooner08 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:16 am

Am well gutted i dont ahve Sky Sports. I ended going to sleep last and totally forgot about the game untill this morning. Thank the lord we won, just seen the goals but i wanted the whole match :crybaby:
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:35 am

Delighted about that result. :banana:
Good to knock the Scouse out and great to get another chance to see the kids play.
Really surprised and impressed with Eastmond.
Before last night I'd hardly seen him play and nothing that he did left an impression on me. Mainly because he was playing at RB.
Shocked to see him suddenly playing at DM and ahead of the likes of Coquelin but boy did he deserve his place.
Strong with quick feet and danced his way out of tight situations effortlessly. He also played a part in the winning goal. What a player. :hail:

Bendtner was very rusty in the first half but improved as the game went on and ultimately scored the winning goal so hats off to him.

CynicalGooner wrote:We were really self destructive at times though, had my heart in my mouth quite a bit. A better side would have surely punished us. Ramsey's crazy pass towards the end and all the faffing around outside our own box to name a couple

We were a bit lucky at times that Liverpoo couldn't finish or be decisive in the final third. That back pass by Ramsey was part of a 10-minute spell which was almost suicidal! We almost handed them the game on a plate with a series of stupid mistakes. We were lucky to get away with that.

Irish Gunner 7 wrote:
Theo14Cesc4 wrote:Get in there, great performance lads. :)

Totally agree, a great show tonight and holding on to the lead as well , it was good to see us taking the ball into the corner and running the clock down , long time since I seen us doing that :arsenal3: :arsenal3: :arsenal3:

I agree, I said to my mate next to me that I can't remember the last time any Arsenal team took the ball into the corner to waste time.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the last time was when Henry was here?! :shock:
I've often wondered why we don't do it more often with the number of late goals we conceded last season. :BangHead:

Anyway great determination and commitment from our kids. Let's hope we get a juicy tie in the next round. :arsenal3:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Q8 Gooner » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:54 am

SE13 wrote:Looking back through, a lot of bitterness toward Bendtner, but he absolutely ran his socks off tonight. Normally I hate to see him start, but his work rate tonight was unreal. A few mistakes, but for what he put in.....

Merida looked good for me, great finish, plenty of miles from him as well.

Fabianski is going to get shouted at, but I can't see too many keepers saving that one.

Senderos for me was just fine, this could be a real confidence booster, none of the crowd were on his back, and he plays so much better that way.

Great to see Nasri back, shades of the old stuff again, he'll be back in the first team sooner rather than later.

Ramsey ran the show, very Cesc-esque with the touches and vision plus precision passing.

Eduardo did look a bit rusty, but they were frightened of him still.

2-1 was the right result, though we rode our luck at times, but to win games, you have to put your chances away, God knows we've been undone enough times by it!

I was really happy with Bendy's performance.. He was exceptional IMO.. I always defend him.. I think he is a very good player and doesn't get what he deserves from the majority of the fans..

Nasri looked really sharp.. He should be ready for the full first team role soon..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Q8 Gooner » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:00 am

The more i look at Bendy's goal the more I admire his quality.. His control, touch and finish were fantastic.. Eastmond was exceptional as well.. I think with Vela and Wilshere to come into this squad we have a great chance.. Just hoping for home draw.. Many good teams in quarters.. It wouldn't make much difference who we play.. The deference will be where we play..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby djaxster » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:09 am

My Man Bendy again proving he deserves to wear the Arse shirt. Loved the game and good play by Eastmond and Ramsey..

To Robbie Keane,
You think that your amatuer team has got more depth than us?????
Look Again you arse wipe. Your first team would have struggled against these boys last night.....
Bring on the scum in the quarters :arse flag.gif:
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby castano » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:28 am

i wish to never see kerea gilbert in arsenal shirt anymore except may be if he wants to sit with smooth and goose in the cheap and popular section of emirates.he refuses to improve all these years.
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:51 am

castano wrote:i wish to never see kerea gilbert in arsenal shirt anymore except may be if he wants to sit with smooth and goose in the cheap and popular section of emirates.he refuses to improve all these years.

I can't see why everyone's moaning about Gilbert? :dontknow:

He made a few mistakes against top level opposition (that Innua is a f***ing good player and his cracking goal is just one indication of that) and suddenly he's shite?
I thought he showed good strength and tenacity in the tackle and like Sagna he played his part going forward in the final third.
In some ways he's better than Gavin Hoyte imo.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockin' Robin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:01 pm

I loved it when Sky Sports showed Arshavin and Fabregas as Bendtner scored. Arshavin's reaction was one I'd expect from a fan like me, Fabregas' a bit less so but only because Arshavin seemed so thrilled. :)
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:03 pm

Theo14Cesc4 wrote:I loved it when Sky Sports showed Arshavin and Fabregas as Bendtner scored. Arshavin's reaction was one I'd expect from a fan like me, Fabregas' a bit less so but only because Arshavin seemed so thrilled. :)

He looked like Hiro Nakamura

Yattaa!!!
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby castano » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:35 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
castano wrote:i wish to never see kerea gilbert in arsenal shirt anymore except may be if he wants to sit with smooth and goose in the cheap and popular section of emirates.he refuses to improve all these years.

I can't see why everyone's moaning about Gilbert? :dontknow:

He made a few mistakes against top level opposition (that Innua is a f***ing good player and his cracking goal is just one indication of that) and suddenly he's shite?
I thought he showed good strength and tenacity in the tackle and like Sagna he played his part going forward in the final third.
In some ways he's better than Gavin Hoyte imo.

the problem inch is that gilbert should be at this level a sure performer...he played in this carling cup and premier league 4 seasons ago or so....he's been and loan and loan again.yesterdays perfomance is below my expectation of him
castano
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:07 pm

castano wrote:the problem inch is that gilbert should be at this level a sure performer...he played in this carling cup and premier league 4 seasons ago or so....he's been and loan and loan again.yesterdays perfomance is below my expectation of him

I see what you mean. He's nearly 22 now and at that age for a full back where it's do or die. I don't think he played bad yesterday but he should be rapidly improving
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Popey » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:48 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
castano wrote:the problem inch is that gilbert should be at this level a sure performer...he played in this carling cup and premier league 4 seasons ago or so....he's been and loan and loan again.yesterdays perfomance is below my expectation of him

I see what you mean. He's nearly 22 now and at that age for a full back where it's do or die. I don't think he played bad yesterday but he should be rapidly improving

the next hoyte?

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Popey » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:51 pm

I just watched the higlights and some great stuff from ramsey, merida, gibbs and nic. We've got such a strong midfield that I can't believe that diaby and eboué play in front of ramsey or merida. gibbs also made a very good impression. clichy could be dropt soon if gibbs continues like that.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Dolly Hooligan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:59 pm

Good to see Bendtner putting the effort in. Was impressed with Ramsey and superb goal from Merida.

Was pretty scruffy defence at times though and some nail biting moments - really thought the scousers were gonna score again a few times. I thought Fabianski played pretty well, more consistent than he has been.

Oh yeah forgot Gibbs - Definitely getting there
Dolly Hooligan
Charlie George
Charlie George

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10