West Ham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 25/10/09

Re: West Ham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 25/10/09

Postby IMF » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:32 am

Listen Goonertitties; we were toothless going forward because everytime Diaby got involved; he f*cked it up.

Everytime he got involved in defending; he gave away a free kick. It was HIS free kicks which were the dangerous stupid ones and HIS free kick which led to the goal.

As for Cesc giving the ball away; what is he supposed to do when his other midfield partner in Diaby was running around like a headless chicken? He also completed more passes than Diaby by the way and they both play in an advanced CM role.

West Ham surrounded Cesc and his only outlet more often than not was Song. Where the f*ck was Diaby??

What's the point in a player who has NO positional sense, can't attack and can't defend for sh*t?

He's a useless turd alright Hard man?
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby IMF » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:36 am

Fabregas failed passes 5. Diaby failed passes 5. Doesn't show the amount of times Diaby ran into trouble and gave away possession though.

Diaby gave 4 free kicks away in our own half; 3 of them dangerous ones. 1 free kick in their half.

Cesc gave away 1 free kick in their half.

Cesc had 2 shots. 1 blocked and 1 just wide. Both from 30+ yards.

Diaby had 2 shots; 1 from 14 yards which was blocked and 1 from 19 yards which he completely missed the ball.

But this is the killer stat:

Cesc attempted tackles 6; won 5 and lost 1. 3 won in our half and 2 just in their half.

Abour Retardy attempted tackles 16; won 6 and lost 10. All 6 near the middle of the pitch.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby Q8 Gooner » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:44 am

Popey wrote:
gooneritis wrote:we need a decent keeper.

maybe wenger should stop playing mannone and keep almunia in goal?

and back to diaby: I don't say it was his fault but he's always involved when something goes wrong. against manU, against alkmaar and now against west ham. I'm not a hater but a frustrating fan who can't see that one player is always involvent when we make a step back.

I said it in another thread Almunia should have been in goal!!! Vito has been good but this game is different.. An intimidating atmosphere could well go into a young keepers head..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Popey » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:06 am

gooneritis wrote:would people be criticising the foul if it were fabregas who made it? no!
everyone would be slagging off mannone - quite rightly, it was his error.
because though it was diaby who made the foul all focus is on that as it's given his haters another stick to beat him with. other than that foul he had a good game and doesn't deserve the stick.

for the record i still have the jury out on diaby, and he's certainly not good enough to be free from any criticism, but where it's warranted, which most the time on here it isn't.

maybe if people put this hatred of our own players into some hatred of rival players the grove may not be such a soppy place to play at.

we don't hate him!

and if cesc would play as diaby plays I would also criticis him.

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:32 am

Very disappointing result that.
After such a fabulous start to the season you can't help wondering if we've run out of steam already.
Did everything right in the first half by getting the early goals but then you just knew we wouldn't hold on to the lead.
Not impressed by the ref tbh, the free kick that they scored from was never a free kick and the penalty was soft at best.

Still don't understand the GK situation though. Almunia must've been sitting on the bench knowing exactly how Lehmann felt when Almunia was in goal ahead of him and making silly mistakes.
Wtf is up with that? Your number one GK is fully fit and you persist with a 21 year-old in a crucial Prem away game? :dizzy:
I just don't get that, it's not even as if Mannone is on fire at the moment.

As for all the people slating Diaby in this thread. What about Arshavin?
At least Diaby is young and inexperienced, what's Arshavin's excuse?
He was terrible.
And why leave Eduardo on the bench when he's fit?
And when Bendtner comes in with 15 minutes to go surely he's supposed to make an impact so why the f**k are we putting him on the left wing?

Manure dropped points so this was a perfect opportunity to take advantage of that against a bottom of the table team.

:angry:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:01 am

The free kick Diaby 'gave away' wasn't actually a foul anyway. The player just ran into him after losing the ball, Diaby tried to stand his ground and got penalized. If he had gone down it would have probably gone our way.

So you can't blame that on him, rather bad refereeing then bad goalkeeping.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dolly Hooligan » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:29 am

We were shit - sell us
Dolly Hooligan
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby TheLittleMozart » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:33 am

Its actually laughable how much people blame Diaby for our short commings sometimes,IMF especially.

He is ONE player in a team of 11. Sure he made be a weak link sometimes but you win as a team and loose as a team. Our overall peformace lacked any desire espically the drive to win the ball back after we were 2-0 up. You cannoy blame Diaby becuase he gave away a freekick,surely you shoudl blame the defence on the keeper for not doing they're job of defending set peices.

Arshavin just didnt seemed arsed,a few times he lost the ball and West Ham counterd and he never even broke into a light jog.
Eboue played well from what I saw,espically considering how high up the picth he was playing.

I think we just got too comfortable at 2-0 and once they got the goal we panicked as ususal and crumbled.

It could have gone so much worse for us but were lucky that all the teams around us had a bad weekend.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Irish_Gooner » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:09 am

Heres to the kids cheering us up in midweek :D
Irish_Gooner - Once a gooner, always a gooner. Follow me on twitter @Oisgreg
Irish_Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gzagee » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:59 pm

I think CG got it right - it wasn't even a free kick that led to their first goal. Hines (or whoever it was) ran into Diaby. That was CLEAR. How the ref awarded a free kick, beggars belief. But yet we got peeps more than willing to point the finger cos we all need a scapegoat don't we... :rolleyes:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby FootballPictures » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:17 pm

The greatest pictures from West Ham - Removed
FootballPictures

Postby SE13 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:19 pm

FootballPictures wrote:The greatest pictures from West Ham - !

I don't see any.....

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Irish Gunner 7 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Its all well and good steamrolling teams at the emirates but if we are going to win the trophies we need to be more ruthless away from home. I dont think Wenger was watching the same match as me saying we played well and got unlucky on the decisions , the goalkeeping on the free kick was woeful for a prem goalie -- get Almunia back in goal .
Did ole red nose drop foster when van der sar came back? yes he did .
Love the Arsenal and it really freaks me out some of our decisions yesterday , not going for the 3rd goal in second half, bringing on subs too late to change the result.
If we play like this against the spurts we are screwed.
Irish Gunner 7
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby SE13 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:22 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

It was very frustrating to come away with only a draw from Upton Park on Sunday having led 2-0 for much of the game.

But West Ham fought until the final second and, to be honest, I never had the feeling that the game was won. Even when we were completely in control I saw the attitude of West Ham and they were not giving up.

We knew that if we made a mistake we would be under pressure. The crowd got behind the referee's decisions and after that it's always difficult when you are away from home.

Still we know it is a major opportunity missed and in our job you have no luxury to do that. You must get points when you deserve them and sometimes get points when you don't deserve to them. On Sunday we didn't get the points we deserved and that means we have not made the maximum of what we should have done.

It is not complacency. We just have to continue to play in a rigorous way, respect the game we love and the pass. That is what we forgot sometimes on Sunday and we paid for it.

On the day, I felt we complicated the game a little bit. We had five or six chances in the second half where we missed the final ball or played it too late. That's where we have to learn.

Afterwards I was asked if we lacked a killer instinct. Well, in football, sometimes you have periods like that. But when you make a problem of it, it becomes a real problem. We have to play the football we love and learn when we are leading to kill the games off.

We have a great chance to win the title this year but of course you cannot repeat the kind of performance we had this weekend. However I feel the Premier League is tight right now and I'm convinced it will be very tight until the end.

Thanks for your continued support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10