AZ Alkmaar Vs Arsenal | Champions League 20/10/09

Re: AZ Alkmaar Vs Arsenal | Champions League 20/10/09

Postby gooneritis » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:56 am

last few pages are f***ing comical, LYNCH DIABY, it was all his fault, nothing to do with fabregas giving it away a dozen times, the defence being fragile, the keeper being dodgy, their keeper making some good saves, us not being given a penalty, eboue being ineffective attacking wise, van persie being shut out of the game etc.

no, it was all diabys fault.

fabregas could score 7 own goals in a match and still get arse licked whilst diaby is blamed :rolleyes:

im not saying diaby is great, but any player deserves stick when he plays bad and praise when he plays well. at the moment everything bad gets blamed on diaby and no other player, no matter what. it is peoples immediate reaction, they want someone to blame so choose him, just as they did eboue last season.
im starting to agree with a few of the northerners who said we're terrible fans who are the worst (even worse than the yids) for turning on our own players.
if diaby was terrible, or just worse than fabregas and co then maybe id agree, but he f***ing wasnt.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Q8 Gooner » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:03 am

I think we can't expect the team to be free flowing every game.. I think we played fine to seal the 3 points.. But it was just one of those days.. It shouldn't really make a difference for us.. We should win the next two games and we will be fine.. Its not the end of the world!!
And regarding players performances today, I think only Song played really good the others were either poor or average..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Spandau Billy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:05 am

gooneritis wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Seriously guys have some perspective here. We played like a sack of old wide fronts for most of the game. We drew. I'll take that.

It's the performance rather than the result that worries me.

i thought we played fine enough.

Agreed.

Despite that last minute setback, the future looks good.
Spandau Billy
Michael Thomas

Postby djaxster » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:25 am

Can't believe some of the comments on here. Tell you what why don't those giving our boys shit f**k off and go and support them Yids then you won't be able to comment on champ lge games.
Az are the Dutch champs and are a great team. The way they stopped us playing was unbelieveable.
The boys done as good as they had the toughest team/game of the group.
We didn't lose we drew and thats a good away result in Europe.
f**k me what would you guys had been like if we lost.
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Libertine » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:55 am

It's always disappointing to let in a late equaliser but we're unbeaten, with two away games out of the way and in control of the group.
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Popey » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:04 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 317577.stm

wenger interview.

I can't believe it. he deffends diaby again.

on the freekick: "on the first ball it can happen that you lose the header"

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Q8 Gooner » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:06 am

djaxster wrote:Can't believe some of the comments on here. Tell you what why don't those giving our boys shit f**k off and go and support them Yids then you won't be able to comment on champ lge games.
Az are the Dutch champs and are a great team. The way they stopped us playing was unbelieveable.
The boys done as good as they had the toughest team/game of the group.
We didn't lose we drew and thats a good away result in Europe.
f**k me what would you guys had been like if we lost.

Exactly.. Its only a draw!!! We have been winning games in the last few weeks and everyone was praising and singing,, as soon as we get a set back some people start moaning (even though i dont see it as a set back).. Its a long season.. we have to expect sometimes it doesn't go our way and some bad results..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Fordy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:13 am

Even i think any negativity from Arsenal fans is bit un called for at the minute, my self and many of you expected Arsenal to be having a pretty rocky time of it this season and so far things look pretty good.

While i do think people shouldn't get too carried away becuase there is still a long way to go people should deffinatly be very happy with the how the season as gone so far.
Fordy

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:30 am

Personally I AM very happy with how the season has gone so far.

Last night's result doesn't change much so I don't know why people are getting so angry about it.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:14 pm

Inchpractice wrote:Personally I AM very happy with how the season has gone so far.

Last night's result doesn't change much so I don't know why people are getting so angry about it.

Exactly, I wasn't too fussed to be honest. It hurts to give up a late goal, but what I like about this season so far is that we have proven that when we're not at our best, we still know how to grind out results, and thats something we didn't show the past few seasons.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby mg86 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:26 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:Personally I AM very happy with how the season has gone so far.

Exactly, I wasn't too fussed to be honest. It hurts to give up a late goal, but what I like about this season so far is that we have proven that when we're not at our best, we still know how to grind out results, and thats something we didn't show the past few seasons.

Wise response as always man. If you have any reason to complain it is that birmingham injured another arsenal player again, and that we have to wait a little longer to see nasri back in the starting 11. Fabregas wasn't at his best but how the hell can you call the guy out when looking at his performances this season, he is easily the best midfielder in the premiership at the moment. And to beat a dead horse in diaby is absurd. Poor guy has been recovering from the man utd own goal and got a goal for himself this past weekend and didn't to that bad at all filling in midfield for denilson/nasri yesterday. Diaby is not a finished product, he is athletic as hell and that is why wenger puts him on the pitch.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby mg86 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:37 pm

IMF wrote:Fabregas walked straight off the pitch. Well done mate. Nice one after a p*ss poor performance.

I don't know, maybe he was really upset with his performance or maybe he was just really angry about conceding the late goal. Don't look too far into that, Fabregas is on a mission for silverware with the club this season and of course will get very emotional win things don't go his way.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:10 am

always so much ridiculous shit in the matchday threads, you got to cringe at about half the posts on here
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby gooneritis » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:40 am

Popey wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8317577.stm

wenger interview.

I can't believe it. he deffends diaby again.

on the freekick: "on the first ball it can happen that you lose the header"

you're right, he should have come out and completely slagged off one of his players (who wasn't even one of ours worst players), should call him a c***, tell him to f**k off and that he is shit. i rekon that would go down great for team morale.

thank f**k wenger gets behind our lads, it's what a manger and supporters are meant to do.

diaby wasn't even that bad, lets blame him though, i rekon we start a thread to organise a booing of him too, f**k it, even boo the team, that draw was an utter disgrace away from home against the dutch champions in the champions league. completely unacceptable, as tottenham fans we deserve so much more.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:12 am

gooneritis wrote: completely unacceptable, as tottenham fans we deserve so much more.

:rofll:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10