AZ Alkmaar Vs Arsenal | Champions League 20/10/09

Re: AZ Alkmaar Vs Arsenal | Champions League 20/10/09

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:08 pm

bluenosebryan wrote:you fuc*in assenal are a joke im a birmingham fan and thought id put some money £50 on you lot to win and persie to score at any time wenger takes the player off who looked the most danger just goes to show how over confident he is

£50, damn. If you knew Arsenal you would have known we often don't perform in games like these. It's not overconfidence either, he just wants to give other players more time on the pitch, he often makes subs like that whether we are winning or losing.

Sorry you lost but put it this way, you would be more pissed if you put your money on Barca
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Goose » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:10 pm

We cant play in 1st gear every match, the team played internationals during last week, a game on Sat then another game 3 days later.

We drew, its not the end of world, we are still leading our group and will qualify, yes we should of won, but it really does not make a difference.
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:10 pm

We should not boo the players. I don't blame Diaby for his performances, I blame Wenger for picking him. Wenger's bizarre team selections (such as Eboue up front, who played OK but is not a striker and does not score/create chances and Diaby starting again) keep on costing us. Van Persie (who also had a good game) always struggles up front on his own, especially when one of the players supporting him is a right back!!!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Irish_Gooner » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:11 pm

Lets all laugh at liverpool. Comic relief
Irish_Gooner - Once a gooner, always a gooner. Follow me on twitter @Oisgreg
Irish_Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:12 pm

Reverend Gooner wrote:
Sorry you lost but put it this way, you would be more pissed if you put your money on Barca

Indeed, or you'll be sick when you didnt put it on Ruben who were 20/1
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Reverend Gooner » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:32 pm

West Ham away is going to be a tough game with the situation they are in, they will come all guns blazing. I hope we are better tuned in come sunday.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:39 pm

Was good to see Adams in the crowd tonight. Oh for a boring 1-0 to the Arsenal!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:16 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:Was good to see Adams in the crowd tonight.

Certainly was good to see Tone up there.

Gutted we conceeded in injury time, should have put the game to bed earlier on but we never got into our usual flow, and in fairness we were lucky they missed, their number 10 think it was not sure who he is & lucky diaby's chested effort went over. 1-1 away from home isnt a disaster even if we have only ourselves to blame, still top of the group.

Scouse lost, as i predicted earlier in the other CL thread, but never thought Barca would lose! that one was a turn up for the books!
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:16 pm

Lame game really.
We never got out of second gear and if we had for a while we might've killed the game.
Mind you we were deprived of a nailed on penalty.
Still didn't do enough to win the game. Eboue was one of the few who made a real effort and looked lively. Cesc was having one of his bad days and that didn't help.

I had a feeling we might concede in the last minute and when they lined up for that long distance free kick I said to my mate "This is going in."
We're still shit at dealing with high long balls. Nothing's changed there.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby S4cePL » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:46 pm

That challenge on Vela was clumsy to say the least but my feeling is that the initial contact was made just outside the box so it wouldn't have been a penalty.. just a FK

It's always disappointing to give up points in injury time but as others pointed out, we are still going to win this group so no reason to worry.

Fatigue played a big part in our lethargic display and I will gladly take a point from a difficult away fixture midweek.

I will be less than satisfied if we can't get out of 1st gear come Sunday. With Chelsea dropping points against Villa and a ManUre-Scouse match this weekend, where hopefully the two share a point, we need to push for the top of the table nowww!
S4cePL
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby mg86 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:25 pm

Goose wrote:We cant play in 1st gear every match, the team played internationals during last week, a game on Sat then another game 3 days later.

We drew, its not the end of world, we are still leading our group and will qualify, yes we should of won, but it really does not make a difference.

i kept reading until bam, I saw ur post and it is exactly true. way too much complaining on here. if you even listening to wenger he said that the international break would not be good for us (because it would kill our run we had going). We are doing very well in the champions league and should not be complaining whatsoever, we are playing the best teams in Europe ie. the world. We will not be on top every game. And for all those yelling at the selection of diaby, well we do have nasri and walcott unfit and he did score against birmingham so it is not a managing mistake however maybe just a case of wenger expecting to much out of diaby, he is not starting 11 quality but was needed because of denilson, nasri walcott injuries.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby mg86 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:26 pm

Goose wrote:We cant play in 1st gear every match, the team played internationals during last week, a game on Sat then another game 3 days later.

i kept reading until bam, I saw ur post and it is exactly true. way too much complaining on here. if you listened to wenger he said that the international break would not be good for us (because it would kill our run we had going). We are doing very well in the champions league and should not be complaining whatsoever, we are playing the best teams in Europe ie. the world. We will not be on top every game. And for all those yelling at the selection of diaby, well we do have nasri and walcott unfit and he did score against birmingham so it is not a managing mistake however maybe just a case of wenger expecting to much out of diaby, he is not starting 11 quality but was needed because of denilson, nasri walcott injuries.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby gooneritis » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:26 am

WHAT A f***ing JOKE WIN A FEW GAMES AND THEY THINK THEY CAN ROLL OVER ANYTEAM THEY WANT TO.. A FUCKIN JOKE.. WER THE HELL IS DIABY AND SONG, THEY ARE MASSIV DEY SHUD HAV CLEARED THAT.. WE WER SUSCEPTABLE ALL NIGHT FROM LONG BALLS.. A FUCKIN JOKE.. GALLAS VERMAELEN NO ONE WANTED IT.. AND FABREGAS THOUGHT HE WAS ON A BEACH FUKIN LOUSY ****

what absolute bollox, yet again :rolleyes: calling our players c*nts, unacceptable imo, especially when you've not called it to both arshavin and fabregas, our two best players. save it for the yids and mancs

and can you stop f***ing shouting and speak queens english. you've been told twice already by mods but keep doing it. :angry:
Last edited by gooneritis on Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooneritis » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:30 am

CynicalGooner wrote:Seriously guys have some perspective here. We played like a sack of old wide fronts for most of the game. We drew. I'll take that.

It's the performance rather than the result that worries me.

i thought we played fine enough.
we were pretty much in cruise control, maybe we underestimated the opposition, maybe our lads were just knackered, there wasnt an intensity but we weren't that bad. AZ didnt create a proper chance until the goal which was a poor lapse in concentration.

just one of those days where the intensity was down and we didnt take our chances, i dont think we actually played badly and we certainly werent fortunate to get a draw, as you have been suggesting. what did AZ do other than knock it about the midfield and create one chance?

we're going to walk this group and the more rest our lads get the better, no injuries, 4 days rest for the lads now.
Last edited by gooneritis on Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooneritis » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:33 am

IMF wrote:Fabregas walked straight off the pitch. Well done mate. Nice one after a p*ss poor performance.

nothing new, our players just walking straight off with no recognition for the travelling fans.
but of course its the PAYING supporters obligation to HAVE to stay behind to clap these players who care so much about them :rolleyes:

diaby was much better than fabregas today, his 2nd good game in a row, of course though, he's still getting the blame as some will refuse to ever see any good that he does. :doh:

at the end of the day it was a game played in 2nd gear, we're sitting comfortably on top and should thump them back at home and seal top spot.

IMF wrote:
gunngunn wrote:You lot need to get off his back now, seriously, the whole team was at fault for not burying the game.

30 seconds left in the game and he's 3 feet taller than the man he's marking and he lets the man through to head it on. Blame him? F*ck yes I will.

so what about gallas, vermaelen, sagna and song who were all in the box marking absolutely f***ing nobody?

this zonal marking is a f***ing joke, wenger needs to take alot of the blame for tactically employing it too.

this diaby hate is sickening imo, people need to get a f***ing grip, even when he's not played badly, certainly better than key players (who of course never get any blame :rolleyes: ).
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10