Arsenal Vs Birmingham | Premiership 17/10/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Birmingham | Premiership 17/10/09

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:13 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:I was at the match today. Went for a few in the Twelve Pins before the match. Lots of Brum fans in there today, a good atmosphere and the Brum fans singing "shit on the Villa, shit on the Villa tonight" to the tune of "Roll Out The Barral" :lol:

Good performance again from RvP. That back pass was totally farcical...a good win overall

Yeah I forgot to mention that. RVP was superb today I thought. His ability to shield the ball and buy some time is amazing these days.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Goose » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:14 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Up For Grabs Now wrote:I was at the match today. Went for a few in the Twelve Pins before the match. Lots of Brum fans in there today, a good atmosphere and the Brum fans singing "shit on the Villa, shit on the Villa tonight" to the tune of "Roll Out The Barral" :lol:

Good performance again from RvP. That back pass was totally farcical...a good win overall

Yeah I forgot to mention that. RVP was superb today I thought. His ability to shield the ball and buy some time is amazing these days.

Yup, he is able to get the ball when in between defenders, control it, make space and then bang it in the net, amazing......
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby NYg00ner11 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:16 pm

Inchpractice wrote:

hes looked great the past couple games.. awesome ball skills.
NYg00ner11
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:18 pm

..and a fabulous goal today.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby gooneritis » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:54 am

Still a 100% winning record since Rosicky made his return.
Fabregas and Van Persie look a different gravy with another world class midfielder in the side to support them, add some tackling and great movement, link up play and passing. They looked a bit flat/isolated when Rosicky/Arshavin weren't in the side, now we're looking the real deal.

Even with Eduardo, Bendtner, Vela, Nasri, Clichy, Walcott and Sagna out the side, we still have a very strong starting XI as well as having young talents like Wilshere and Ramsey available on the bench. The squad is looking good, a few good additions in january and we'd easily be the best squad in the division in my opinion.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:32 am

Trina wrote:Well chuffed!

If we win our game in hand it will put us joint second with Chelsea and only 1 point off Man U,

And above the that dirty scummy middlesex team! :arse flag.gif:
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Q8 Gooner » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:39 am

The squad is looking really good.. confidence very high.. Even when we're missing all these players "Walcott, Nasri, Eduardo, Bendy".. I think the main priority is a world class keeper in Jan and that not because of the Brums goal..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby SE13 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:37 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:
Trina wrote:Well chuffed!

If we win our game in hand it will put us joint second with Chelsea and only 1 point off Man U,

And above the that dirty scummy middlesex team! :arse flag.gif:

Importantly!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:14 am

Just watched the highlights on football first and I thought Eboue was brilliant!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby absolutely_fabregas » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:54 pm

anyone got a link to highlights
absolutely_fabregas
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby sanf » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:18 pm

101greatgoals.com
sanf
Michael Thomas

Postby Dolly Hooligan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:51 am

Never saw you in the pins... Oh wait, no idea what you look like.

Good from Eboue and Diaby today, not so good Mannone this match but love the result
Dolly Hooligan
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby UFGN » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:31 pm

Dolly Hooligan wrote:

Good from Eboue and Diaby today, not so good Mannone this match but love the result

Its the best Goonapub IMO
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Dolly Hooligan » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:48 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:
Dolly Hooligan wrote:

Its the best Goonapub IMO

It's certainly the quickest to get served in
Dolly Hooligan
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby SE13 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:26 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

We were cruising in the first half on Saturday. We were in control, two goals up and it looked like we could get more. You were wondering who would score the third goal.

But we made a mistake defensively and Birmingham got back to 2-1. In the second half we did not have the same fluency or control in the game, not the same pace, but in the end I still believe 3-1 is a fair result because we had plenty of chances.

Birmingham regrouped very quickly when they lost the ball and we lacked a little bit of sharpness. I feel also we tried to force the situation a little bit individually, especially in the second half, and that's why we didn't score more goals.

Alex Song was strong and smooth in his defensive midfield role. He is not rigid, he is agile. He is a slalom player and is not a straight-line player. He uses that very well, he has a good combination of strengths and agility and I believe as well he uses his technique in a very intelligent way. He likes a tackle. Cameroon people are strong - in Africa they call them the Germans of Africa because of their strong bodies.

The tackle by Liam Ridgewell on Theo Walcott was a talking point and I wasn't happy with it. It was a tackle made without any restriction. I felt it was a tackle meant to impress; that was my first impression from the bench. It looked a quick and hard challenge from outside. I don't know: did he want to play the ball? He certainly went through Theo.

Theo had a bruised knee after the game, it was swollen and difficult to assess at the moment. Is it a medial knee ligament that is twisted or just a kick? The fact that he says he felt a little unstable when he was running is not good news. We don't know yet how much of his pain is down to the kick and how much is down to the fact he twisted his ligament.

He will be scanned and if it is just a kick he has a good chance to play on Tuesday night at Alkmaar. If it is more, he will not play on Tuesday. I believe personally he will not be available on Tuesday at least. It is not a cruciate for example but it could be more than a week if it is a twisted ligament. The latest injury news will be available on Monday afternoon on Arsenal.com.

Ultimately, Saturday's game ended the right way with a good goal from Andrey Arshavin. That's the football we love. I believe the second goal was fantastic as well and that's the game we play.

I believe when we stick to our game, when we focus to play our game, it looks like we can play the ball through any space and that we can create space just as we want. That is something fantastic but we have of course to be focused on that and keep our composure.

Thanks for your continued support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10