Arsenal Vs Blackburn | Premiership 04/10/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Blackburn | Premiership 04/10/09

Postby golfinguy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:45 am

A game like this makes me giddy as a school lass about the thought of having Nasri in the lineup instead of Diaby. And I'm not even a Diaby hater.

I think the boss will have real troubles with picking a team if they all get healthy - good trouble.

:cloud9:

:arsenal3:
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby HorseMachine » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:30 am

Did anyone else notice how often Rosicky and Arshavin swapped wings? It was just brilliant to watch how often it pulled the widemen out of shape.

Also I watched a bit of training before hand when they were warming up, I really think there's a lot of chemistry between those two, looks like they understand eachother both on and off the pitch.

There was actually a moment, come to think of it, where they both went for the same shot and ended clattering in to eachother, luckily they just laughed it off =]
HorseMachine
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby IMF » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:14 am

Q8 Gooner wrote:
IMF wrote:I'm already sick of where I sit... there's a f*cking family in front of me and the grandad gave me a dirty look when I was singing along to "f*ck Adebayor"... take your f*cking grandaughter to the family section.

Then when Bendtner came on, the grumpy chumps behind me were constantly moaning and saying "Don't give the ball to Billy Bender".

I'm sure there's about 4 people in my entire block (including me) who try to be vocal.

So... anyone wanna swap seats for the rest of the season...?

I would.. I sit on the couch in Kuwait

I'm sure that's a mighty fine couch made out of the skin of a dodo or something.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:18 am

HorseMachine wrote:Did anyone else notice how often Rosicky and Arshavin swapped wings? It was just brilliant to watch how often it pulled the widemen out of shape.

Also I watched a bit of training before hand when they were warming up, I really think there's a lot of chemistry between those two, looks like they understand eachother both on and off the pitch.

There was actually a moment, come to think of it, where they both went for the same shot and ended clattering in to eachother, luckily they just laughed it off =]

Yeah I noticed that.
Like I said before I've been waiting for the day that Arsh and Rosicky could both be on the pitch at the same time and now that it's happened I'm not disappointed.
It'll be even better when Rosicky is back to his best.
The wing-switching was great and caused loads of confusion. For me as well as Blackburn as I was trying to work out the line-up.

When I saw MOTD last night I noticed that just before TV scored he was fouled twice with the second one putting him on the deck. Good thing he's not a primadonna and he just got up and carried on! :clap:

Did you also notice that moment just after the penalty claim when Vermaelen brought Dunn down. There were about 3 of our players standing over the ball in the box and none of them touched it. :grin:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby djaxster » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:35 am

Great game yesterday and got very drunk after that. i think i was watching the Liverfool game with one eye. My *** mate rang me and said we were lucky. I just told him thats how you play pure football
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Q8 Gooner » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:43 am

IMF wrote:
Q8 Gooner wrote:
IMF wrote:I'm already sick of where I sit... there's a f*cking family in front of me and the grandad gave me a dirty look when I was singing along to "f*ck Adebayor"... take your f*cking grandaughter to the family section.

Then when Bendtner came on, the grumpy chumps behind me were constantly moaning and saying "Don't give the ball to Billy Bender".

I'm sure there's about 4 people in my entire block (including me) who try to be vocal.

So... anyone wanna swap seats for the rest of the season...?

I would.. I sit on the couch in Kuwait

I'm sure that's a mighty fine couch made out of the skin of a dodo or something.

Yeah made of human skin.. but u have to deal with two stupid fans who moan for 90 mins Even if the team is winning..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby StLGooner » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:16 pm

For some reason I thought this game came on at 9 am my time, but I woke up at about 8 to find that not only has it started, but it was already 1-1, then I quickly realized that I had the worst hangover in the world and I couldn't even focus my eyes on the game, nor could I celebrate the goals without almost puking. Had the watch the game again later to see if for the first time.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SE13 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:10 pm

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

We scored six goals on Saturday and their keeper, Paul Robinson, still had a great game. And that 6-2 win over Blackburn leaves us in a strong position.

Despite the fact that we have lost two games, if you look at the away games we had they are in places where other teams can drop points. We have had four away games to Manchester United and City, Everton and Fulham. We got six points but we had the impression we should have won the two games in Manchester and that made our resolve even stronger.

Cesc Fabregas had an excellent game against Blackburn. I felt he had already given a good performance on Tuesday night against Olympiacos too.

He started the season a little less sharp physically but in the last two or three games he has become stronger and stronger. We know that in every game he creates chances. What is important for him is to score goals and today he scored as well so that's a relief for him certainly.

I have seen him play quite a few good games. When we went forward as a whole team on Sunday we always looked like we could score and when you look he is always in the middle of it, at the start or at the end. A team goes always naturally through its strong points, that's the way of the game. So it goes, therefore, through Fabregas.

The best answer to all the transfer speculation over Cesc is to play well on the football pitch and to show that you are happy to be where you are.

The best way to show that you are happy is to be happy to play football with your partners. And with this team there is something in the side that is light-hearted and enjoyable to watch. Why? Because you feel they enjoy what they do and they enjoy playing together. That is, for me, the most important thing.

The fifth goal - scored by Theo Walcott - was fantastic. When we are confident we have a flow that looks like the goals could come at any moment from anywhere. There are some strengths coming out of this team and we have to add some discipline defensively because we struggled a little bit defensively. But we looked always like we know we will score goals.

I have to say though, it's difficult to have so many people going forward and to have everybody straight away defending as well. It's a consequence of our philosophy.

Finally, Thierry Henry was watching from the stands on Sunday and he inspired us because our players wanted to show him they can score goals and follow in his footsteps.

It is good to see Thierry back here although I believe he belongs more to Highbury than to Emirates Stadium because certainly, coming back to Highbury, he would have more memories than here. But we were happy to have him with us. He would have scored on Saturday, certainly.

Thanks for your continued support.

You can subscribe free for these e-mails on the official site.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby CynicalGooner » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 am

#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Popey » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:08 am

SE13 wrote:
Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

We scored six goals on Saturday and their keeper, Paul Robinson, still had a great game. And that 6-2 win over Blackburn leaves us in a strong position.

Despite the fact that we have lost two games, if you look at the away games we had they are in places where other teams can drop points. We have had four away games to Manchester United and City, Everton and Fulham. We got six points but we had the impression we should have won the two games in Manchester and that made our resolve even stronger.

Cesc Fabregas had an excellent game against Blackburn. I felt he had already given a good performance on Tuesday night against Olympiacos too.

He started the season a little less sharp physically but in the last two or three games he has become stronger and stronger. We know that in every game he creates chances. What is important for him is to score goals and today he scored as well so that's a relief for him certainly.

I have seen him play quite a few good games. When we went forward as a whole team on Sunday we always looked like we could score and when you look he is always in the middle of it, at the start or at the end. A team goes always naturally through its strong points, that's the way of the game. So it goes, therefore, through Fabregas.

The best answer to all the transfer speculation over Cesc is to play well on the football pitch and to show that you are happy to be where you are.

The best way to show that you are happy is to be happy to play football with your partners. And with this team there is something in the side that is light-hearted and enjoyable to watch. Why? Because you feel they enjoy what they do and they enjoy playing together. That is, for me, the most important thing.

The fifth goal - scored by Theo Walcott - was fantastic. When we are confident we have a flow that looks like the goals could come at any moment from anywhere. There are some strengths coming out of this team and we have to add some discipline defensively because we struggled a little bit defensively. But we looked always like we know we will score goals.

I have to say though, it's difficult to have so many people going forward and to have everybody straight away defending as well. It's a consequence of our philosophy.

Finally, Thierry Henry was watching from the stands on Sunday and he inspired us because our players wanted to show him they can score goals and follow in his footsteps.

It is good to see Thierry back here although I believe he belongs more to Highbury than to Emirates Stadium because certainly, coming back to Highbury, he would have more memories than here. But we were happy to have him with us. He would have scored on Saturday, certainly.

Thanks for your continued support.

You can subscribe free for these e-mails on the official site.

but this "e-mail to the fans" is just a summary of the post-match interview!?!

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:51 am

CynicalGooner wrote:http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid29318049001?bctid=43389965001

Lmao

:rofll:

That Blackburn fan's face by the end of it. :grin:
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby SE13 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:16 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid29318049001?bctid=43389965001

Lmao

Priceless!

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10