Arsenal Vs Olympiacos | Champions League 29/09/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Olympiacos | Champions League 29/09/09

Postby gooneritis » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:08 am

Popey wrote:but I also think that its strange to give a match like that to a french ref. we've got a french manager and many french players. not very intelligent from the uefa. but that's nothing new.

back to the performance: very good performance overall. I just don't see why eddie, vela and ramsey always needs to start on the bench because players like diaby don't have to be on the pitch. we still have theo and nasri so what a squad we've got.

we also saw that eboué is still a great RB and that we should rotate more between our FB's. the same with clichy. why not starting with gibbs to give clichy a rest?

why is it not intelligent? it'd be a joke to not select a ref based on the fact a team has a manager/players from same country, as if it makes a difference, best not have any english referees in the premiership anymore :doh: .

you'd be pretty hard pressed in the CL to find a referee able to ref a match in which he has no nationality link to any player/manager on the pitch.

they'd be looking for an elite, qualified referee who isn't:

english, french, greek, ivorian, italian, belgian, spanish, russian, czech, danish, croatian, brazilian, mexican, welsh, danish, polish, etc.

and who doesn't follow english or greek football.
it's logitically impossible.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby thebish » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:10 am

Plymouth Gooner wrote:
Swan wrote:LONDON (AP) - Olympiakos manager Zico suggested there was a French refereeing conspiracy in his team's 2-0 loss to Arsenal in the Champions League on Tuesday, complaining there shouldn't have been a second goal.

I'm just glad its not us making the excuses this time. I hate it when Wenger moans and I have absolutely no respect for anyone who loses a game and then tries to find 101 excuses for their defeat. Olympiakos didn't turn up until the second half and went home after 15 mins of that half! They can have no complaints because they were rubbish!

only cos you won!! so - that's three (4 with 2 legs) chumps games - and arsenal have been awarded at least one dodgy goal in each of them! This intergalactic conspiracy against arsenal really is paper thin...
thebish
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Popey » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:16 am

gooneritis wrote:
Popey wrote:but I also think that its strange to give a match like that to a french ref. we've got a french manager and many french players. not very intelligent from the uefa. but that's nothing new.

back to the performance: very good performance overall. I just don't see why eddie, vela and ramsey always needs to start on the bench because players like diaby don't have to be on the pitch. we still have theo and nasri so what a squad we've got.

we also saw that eboué is still a great RB and that we should rotate more between our FB's. the same with clichy. why not starting with gibbs to give clichy a rest?

why is it not intelligent? it'd be a joke to not select a ref based on the fact a team has a manager/players from same country, as if it makes a difference, best not have any english referees in the premiership anymore :doh: .

you'd be pretty hard pressed in the CL to find a referee able to ref a match in which he has no nationality link to any player/manager on the pitch.

english, french, greek, ivorian, italian, belgian, spanish, russian, czech, danish, croatian, brazilian, mexican, welsh, danish, polish, etc.

a english ref would have been better :rofll:

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Popey » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:28 pm

great picture :arsesmile:

"Flamini played in more CL finals and won more trophies in England than anyone at Spurs"

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Goose » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:39 pm

Popey wrote:Image

He is saying:

"Go back out there and score an offside goal!!!"

gooneritis wrote:

Dont be so silly, there are perfectly good referees available from Mars.......
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Fordy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:48 pm

Goose wrote:

there used to be one

Fordy

Postby Popey » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:49 pm

Fordy wrote:
Goose wrote:

there used to be one

hehe :rofll: exactly. but that was a good one

madJens
bacary-sol-cashley
vieira-cesc
freddie-alexis-pires
dennis-thierry
Popey
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby thebish » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:00 pm

think with your head - not your dick....
thebish
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Goose » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:04 pm

We are going to Alton Towers after the match, but you have to be this tall to get on the rides.......

Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby gooneritis » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:02 pm

Popey wrote:Image

"remember russian comrade, turn back around as deserters will be shot"
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby gooneritis » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:03 pm

Goose wrote:We are going to Alton Towers after the match, but you have to be this tall to get on the rides.......

why is there a blurry midgit with his hand up arsenes arse?
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:59 pm

Good result last night and a good overall team performance.

But am I the only one who found the game to be one of our most frustrating so far?
Mainly due to the fact that we just weren't clinical enough infront of goal; sure they're keeper pulled off a few good saves put for the most part our shots on target weren't exactly woking him. They were close to him an made him look good when in actual fact they were pretty much standard saves.

We missed Eduardo so much and dare I even say Bendtner becuase when we were getting crosses into the box,RVP just wasnt they're to meet him and we lacked that physical presence becuase Diaby just wasnt cutting it for me.

Special mention to Eboue who I though had an outstanding game,he kept his discipline and although he was a bit dodgey going forward,he was better than Sagna ususally is when he goes forward.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:01 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:Good result last night and a good overall team performance.

But am I the only one who found the game to be one of our most frustrating so far?
Mainly due to the fact that we just weren't clinical enough infront of goal; sure they're keeper pulled off a few good saves put for the most part our shots on target weren't exactly woking him. They were close to him an made him look good when in actual fact they were pretty much standard saves.

We missed Eduardo so much and dare I even say Bendtner becuase when we were getting crosses into the box,RVP just wasnt they're to meet him and we lacked that physical presence becuase Diaby just wasnt cutting it for me.

Special mention to Eboue who I though had an outstanding game,he kept his discipline and although he was a bit dodgey going forward,he was better than Sagna ususally is when he goes forward.

It was frustrating, but not as frustrating as all those 0-0 we had last season, at least we eventually broke them down. Although it was only Olympiacos, but they parked the bus pretty well.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Swan » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:05 pm

Goose wrote:We are going to Alton Towers after the match, but you have to be this tall to get on the rides.......

:lol: :rofll:
Swan
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:08 pm

ChVint22 wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:Good result last night and a good overall team performance.

It was frustrating, but not as frustrating as all those 0-0 we had last season, at least we eventually broke them down. Althought it was only Olympiacos, but they parked the bus pretty well.

True,what especially pissed me off was the way Olympiacos played in general. Sure they parked the bus which could be accepted,but whenever they actually got possession they just hoofed it forward to our centres back where they didnt even have a man close to one of ours.

They're performance was a disgrace,especially them being Greek champions you would expect them to give it a bit of a go.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10