Arsenal Vs Olympiacos | Champions League 29/09/09

Arsenal Vs Olympiacos | Champions League 29/09/09

Postby SE13 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:05 am

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Arsenal Vs Olympiacos | Champions League 29/09/09

Postby Arsenal Boy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:11 pm

Well,i am from Greece but i am a fanatic fan of Arsenal for 9 years...well olympiacos hasnt got good attack!if our defense play well we have no problem...they have only two or three players in the squad Galleti,Melberg and Dudu!dudu and galleti are in the middle line and melberg in defense but its ok....they only play with long passing and thats not good...they are not fast players....generally if arsenal play well then we can win with 4-5 goals.....
Last edited by Arsenal Boy on Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal Boy
Liam Brady

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:14 pm

Arsenal Boy wrote:Well,i am from Grecce but i am a fanatic fan of Arsenal for 9 years...well olympiacos hasnt got good attack!if our defense play well we have no problem...they have only two or three players in the squad Galleti,Melberg and Dudu!dudu and galleti are in the middle line and melberg in defense but its ok....they only play with long passing and thats not good...they are not fast players....generally if arsenal play well then we can win with 4-5 goals.....

Good to have some proper opinion on Olympiacos, and welcome btw, why don't you go post an introduction in the Introductions section? :)
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Arsenal Boy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Ok I did it....something else about Olympiacos that in last 3 matches they are too lucky :biggrin: they win but they play bad and they not deserve it....no 19 years take tha Super League Cup but every time in his home referee is with them pfff......Arsenal have to play a good defense not like Fulham!!
Arsenal Boy
Liam Brady

Postby bairnofmosul » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:23 pm

olympiacos are in good shape especially in defence
they conceded only 2 goals so far in all 9 matches
be careful....
fellow from greece you are unaware of greek football,and you're probably too young..
olympiacos has indeed the best squad in greece and players that can cause damage to arsenal.
torosidis is a fledging footballer that has showed excellent quality the previous week,it's a matter whether unexperienced arsenal defenders can deal with him..no need to refer to dudu,mellberg and papadopoulos who are extremely adept in defensive game..
bairnofmosul
Liam Brady

Postby Arsenal Boy » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:31 pm

believe olympiacos style is too slow!arsenal only need to be careful at defense!also papadopoulos is slow he cant beat Arshavin Or Van Persie....
also Aek Athens,and Paok play better but olympiacos win i saw that matches and i know what i say! ;)
Arsenal Boy
Liam Brady

Postby Gunner Down Under » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:11 am

I'm tipping a 2-1 to the Arsenal
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Trina » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:07 am

Olympiakos manager Zico explains his side must battle against exhaustion if they are to get anything out of their UEFA Champions League clash with Arsenal.

The Greek champions travel to the Emirates on Tuesday on the back of four games in the space of just 10 days.

However Olympiakos have managed to take 10 points from a possible 12 with the only draw coming in their Champions League opener against AZ Alkmaar which ended 0-0.

Despite their recent good form the game against Arsenal will be the team's greatest test by far this season.

"We hope to play good football in London," Zico said.

"I am worried because of the tiredness. At the second half against Panionios (on Saturday) I saw tired players and this is something that I have to resolve.

"We hope to overcome the problem and have a good game. We know very well the difficulties of playing against Arsenal.

"They are a big club but we are confident of doing well in London. We must show that winning mentality that we show in Greece."
Focused

Meanwhile Olympiakos defender Olof Mellberg, who joined on a free from Juventus in the summer, stressed the need to stay focused at the back if the Greeks harbour any hope of getting anything out of game.

"We must stay focused and concentrated at the back because Arsenal under (Arsene) Wenger always play attacking football with good movements and good passing," he enthused.

"Their offensive line is really strong and I think that we will have a lot of work to do on Tuesday night.

"We are a good team also, with many experienced players and we will have our chance to make a good result there.

"It will be hard but we believe in ourselves and we will try to make our fans proud just like we did at the opener against AZ Alkmaar."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 64,00.html
Le Boss
Trina
The Boss
The Boss

Postby bairnofmosul » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:24 am

if arsenal scores in the first half then it will be easy
but if olympiacos holds the draw in the halftime then it will be hard

the big drawback is the tiredness of olympiacos'players
we only depend on 11-12 players

but i am confident of winning
ΠΑΜΕ ΓΕΡΑ ΡΕ ΘΡΥΛΑΡΑ!ΕΝΑ ΜΑΤΣΟ ΦΛΩΡΟΙ ΕΙΝΑΙ
bairnofmosul
Liam Brady

Postby Arsenal Boy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:41 am

why bairnofmosul say that we are idiots in Greek language?
Arsenal Boy
Liam Brady

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:49 pm

So no Bendtner after his crash, just heard that Denilson's absence of a couple of weeks has turned into 2mths due to the back injury that he sustained v Citeh.

Wonder if Theo is back for this?
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Goose » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:47 pm

No Walcott, he is playing against their reserves tomorrow:

Theo Walcott is expected to play for an Arsenal Reserves XI tomorrow night as they take on Olympiacos’ second string side at London Colney.

The rapid winger has been back in full-time training for just over two weeks but will not be risked for the Champions League Group H clash against the Greek outfit at the Emirates. Instead he will join an XI selected by Neil Banfield for a friendly against a similar aged Olympiacos team. The ‘Erythrolefki’ have a close relationship with the Gunners’ Academy and have decided to take advantage of the fixture overlap to bring a second team to London to do battle on two fronts.

Walcott has been missing since the final pre-season fixture against Valencia where he sustained a back injury. Arsène Wenger was understandably frustrated as it was the 20-year-old’s first game since playing for England’s full national team and Under 21’s during the summer. The encounter will also be Theo’s first game back in London after penning a few four-year-deal with the club.

The likes of Mark Randall, Kerrea Gilbert, Sanchez Watt and a handful of other players who were involved in the Carling Cup are expected to join Walcott on the pitch as Banfield gives his charges a run out ahead of their next Reserve League South outing, at home to Chelsea on the 5th of October.

http://youngguns.wordpress.com/2009/09/ ... sed-doors/
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:55 pm

I hope all these absences mean Vela will get a game tomorrow night
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby UFGN » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:58 pm

Still plenty of tickets left
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Andy_The_Gooner » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:02 pm

Up For Grabs Now wrote:Still plenty of tickets left

I snapped up some tickets the day they came out on sale for reds , I can't get into the box office at the moment. How many would you say are left?
Andy_The_Gooner
Liam Brady

Next

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10