Arsenal Vs Olympiacos | Champions League 29/09/09

Re: Arsenal Vs Olympiacos | Champions League 29/09/09

Postby StLGooner » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:09 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:Good result last night and a good overall team performance.

But am I the only one who found the game to be one of our most frustrating so far?
Mainly due to the fact that we just weren't clinical enough infront of goal; sure they're keeper pulled off a few good saves put for the most part our shots on target weren't exactly woking him. They were close to him an made him look good when in actual fact they were pretty much standard saves.

We missed Eduardo so much and dare I even say Bendtner becuase when we were getting crosses into the box,RVP just wasnt they're to meet him and we lacked that physical presence becuase Diaby just wasnt cutting it for me.

Special mention to Eboue who I though had an outstanding game,he kept his discipline and although he was a bit dodgey going forward,he was better than Sagna ususally is when he goes forward.

It was frustrating, but not as frustrating as all those 0-0 we had last season, at least we eventually broke them down. Althought it was only Olympiacos, but they parked the bus pretty well.

True,what especially pissed me off was the way Olympiacos played in general. Sure they parked the bus which could be accepted,but whenever they actually got possession they just hoofed it forward to our centres back where they didnt even have a man close to one of ours.

They're performance was a disgrace,especially them being Greek champions you would expect them to give it a bit of a go.

I agree, I don't blame teams for parking the bus like Wenger does, yea its crap football, but its how some survive, but that was by far the worst I've seen. They should be ashamed, I would if I was one of their supporters.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Olof Mellberg » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:09 am

gooneritis wrote:tosh, the referee did a good job.

how do you feel about the blatent handball in the box (actually pushing the ball away from our attacker) which should have given us a penalty when it was still 0-0?

or is that conveniently forgotten as it happens to even out the offside goal - which by then lets face it the game was over.

You are only trying to upset me but I won't :think:

You are also talking rubbish...and I will explain. We have an incident of an eye-irritating offside not given (Wenger admitted it btw) trasformed into a goal later on. Then you compare that to a handball where Dudu stopped the ball with his chest and completely unintentionally it hit his right hand rightafter, and when the nearest Arsenal player was behind him? He didn't obtain any advantage from that handball.

The fact that one team was better than the other that doesn't give the authority to the referees to behave like dicks, especially in a CL game.

And regarding the 90-10 attitude, all those laughable yellow cards given to Oly players will create more problems in next MDs, but the red-yellow card tackles made by Arsenal players were scaled down appropriately (reds to yellows, yellows to just fouls, fouls to non-calls...)
Olof Mellberg
Liam Brady

Postby CynicalGooner » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:30 am

eye-irritating, lol

Seriously man, apart from van Persie's one (never, ever a red card btw) and a trip by Song, I don't recall a single Arsenal foul. You got all the yellows because your team couldn't compete thus your players resorted to kicking and pushing whenever be broke. Constant fouls = cards
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DaveVL » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:49 pm

The coach from the olympiakos said i have questions you have a french referee arsene is french and they have 10 french talking players
DaveVL

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10