Fulham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 26/09/09

Re: Fulham Vs Arsenal | Premiership 26/09/09

Postby Joncheff » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:21 am

TheOne2Smooth wrote:How did the away fans sound on the Tv we was bloody loud

F**king loud. Could of thought we were the home team. Good work.
Joncheff
Patrick Vieira

Postby gooneritis » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:43 am

we were pretty shit but a wins a win.
fabregas carrying on his form of last season = shit.
great pass to van persie for the goal though, one of the goals of the season imo, great pass and amazing control and shot from van persie.
ImageImage
gooneritis
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Libertine » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:34 am

piss poor performance from the midfield
great goal
3 points
job done
Libertine
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:20 am

Via E-Mail, Arsene Wenger wrote:Dear Supporter,

The three points were the most important thing on Saturday because we played against a very good Fulham side.

I believe we had problems in the first half, especially to find our game. They stopped us from playing, they played a very good game - committed, aggressive, well organised. You needed to be special to come out with three points at Craven Cottage.

In the second half we had plenty of opportunities but we took one of them very well after a very good pass from Cesc Fabregas to Robin van Persie. After that we had many opportunities to score a second goal. We were more dominant in the second half but Fulham always looked dangerous on set pieces, on the counter attack and they did try down to the last second.

I was asked afterward about 'winning ugly' and it is good for us to know that we can win that way. People always want us to play well and dominate but when we do not win they are not happy too. On Saturday I was happy even though we had a difficult first half and we only found our game in the second half. But I give a lot of credit to Fulham - they played very well.

Fulham always play a fantastic game against us from first minute to last. You could not see one player who did not tackle and fight. They tried everything. We would not have gone away with three points if we had not shown attitude and spirit. That makes me very optimistic about the team. From what I have seen there is something about the team that shows we can go from strength to strength.

We will give Vito Mannone 10 out of 10 because everything he did was right. For a goalkeeper that is most important. He stopped everything he had to stop, didn't make any wrong decisions and overall he has shown he has the potential to be a very good goalkeeper.

He is goalkeeper No 3 but goalkeeper No 4 is exceptional as well. I believe Wojciech Szczesny is quality and he has shown that against West Brom in the Carling Cup. I gave Mannone the chance against Fulham because he's three or four years older and has more experience.

Until the next game he is No 1. In this job you have to go from game to game. He played a fantastic game on Saturday and the consistency is the first sign of quality. He kept us in the game in some unbelievable situations. You say that keepers sometimes look unbeatable. On Saturday he looked like he could make the save needed every time.

Vito comes from Italy and that means he is a lover of the game. He is a quiet boy but he has outstanding physical qualities and fantastic reflexes. You saw that on Saturday. He deeply wants to improve every day. He is passionate about the game.

As for the other keepers, Manuel Almunia will not be fit for Tuesday and Lukasz Fabianski will not be fit until October 17 at the earliest.

We have been drawn to face Liverpool in the Carling Cup but it doesn't change my approach in terms of team selection. I always try and play a team which has a good chance of winning. We are happy to be playing at home, of course, but it is very difficult to predict who we will play because next week is an international break and the Carling Cup game is between two Champions League games. We will have to see who is available.

Thanks for your continued support.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby gzagee » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:41 pm

Feck that, I'm not complaining when we win ugly.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Previous

Return to Matchday Chat 2009-10