Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal

Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:40 pm

A second defeat in a row, and three defeats in four in all competitions, with the other being a 0-0 draw to Aston Villa. Only Fabregas played anywhere near how I would expect, although I've come to expect such an awful game from Almunia, but players like Nasri, Diaby, Arshavin... heck most of our team, didn't play well. We were poor tactically, because we either tried to thread the ball through the eye of a needle, which obviously got cut out and we had to start all over again, or we just aimlessly crossed it, with Nasri and Sagna the worst of the bunch, each cross they made was awful and came to nothing.

I was in the car driving home for the first 25 minutes, so I listened to the game on the radio for that. Eight minutes in, 1-0 down. Guess who?! Drogba! It seems both him and Rooney, two of the best strikers in the world probably, just love playing against us in particular, why can't we cope with them? Anyway, the goal, corner for Chelsea, scumbag #4 to me (John T*rry, with Darren Fl*tcher, Cashley C*le and Emmanuel Ad*bayor being the first three) headed the ball down to the back post for Drogba to convert. Poor marking from most really, I noticed that Clichy left the back post for no reason that I can remember, but I hear that was a domino effect of Arshavin not marking someone or something. I don't remember what Almunia did either, but I can safely assume he was at fault since he's, quite frankly, shit.

Second goal was another counter attack, we didn't throw that many players forward for the corner to be fair, we just backed off Drogba and Lampard when they had the ball until it was too late. Drogba got a couple of lucky bounces in the area as he dribbled, but he smashed the ball past Almunia who was nowhere near it considering how close it was. But then it was a pretty powerful shot.

Before that goal we'd been looking good - so I heard on the radio - and we were all over them, creating an actual chance for Arshavin too, but he missed it, gone are the days when he used to get a chance and bury it. Good save by Cech, but Arshavin needed a better finish.

That Drogba goal seemed to knock something out of us, we had plenty of possession, but no cutting edge to make that chance, let alone finish it. Then it was half time, and as usual we came out unchanged. Nasri had a golden chance to smash the ball into the back of the net like he did against Man United last year, but he hesitated and was nicked of the ball - I think he suddenly spotted Walcott as he was about to pull the trigger, was caught in two minds and then that was that.

Bendtner came on for Walcott, with Arshavin going to the left and Nasri on the right. Bendtner soon got involved, using his strength to hold off Carvalho before the defender came back for more and fouled him. Fabregas took the free kick, and drilled it for the bottom right corner, and it took the slightest of nicks off of Gallas, and Cech saved it. Any more of a touch from Willy, 2-1 and back in it for us.

Nicklas then had a penalty claim turned down, of course I claimed for it because I was desperate, though now I'm not sure. On the other hand, Wenger says that Bendtner is 100% sure it was a penalty, and that he's an honest guy, so maybe I need to see it again. We then should have had a free kick in a dangerous position when Cole blatantly fouled Tomas Rosicky, but the referee said no. To be fair to Mike Dean, he had a decent game otherwise.

Full time score was 2-0 to Drogba. I mean Chelsea, forgot that there were 10 other players on the team. I feel a bit like a snake, who can't see stationary things - like the blue bus that Chelsea parked in front of the goal. Next up, Liverpool at home, hopefully we can take all three points, especially seeing as they don't have Torres. Fingers crossed.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Chelsea 2-0 Arsenal

Postby SE13 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks Sam.

Now published on our Blog: http://goonersworld.wordpress.com/2010/ ... 0-arsenal/

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Return to Match Reports 09/10