Arsenal 3-0 Hull City

Arsenal 3-0 Hull City

Postby Gooner Girl » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:21 pm

Arsenal 3-0 Hull City

A chilly early evening kick off saw Arsenal face Hull City. We were hoping to get back on track after a disappointing mid week result but I am sure many gooners memories of Hull’s visit last year were still pretty vivid so we knew this might not be a foregone 3 points conclusion. Wenger rested Sagna for Eboue, Fabregas was injured so Denilson stepped in and Walcott was benched so Eduardo could start, other then that it was the same team that had played fairly unconvincingly Wednesday.

It was not the most exciting start to a game ever, indeed Hull looked more likely to score then us with Craig Fagan shooting wide. Much of the first half was messy and unattractive as Hull closed us down quite efficiently our only real chances being an Eduardo shot that went wide and a strike from Nasri easily saved by the ‘keeper. The game finally burst into life when a brawl was sparked allegedly when Nasri stepped on Garcias foot who went down as if shot and the vast majority of Hull and Arsenal players piled in for handbags and fisticuffs prompting more noise from the Emirates crowd then there had been all match so far and bookings for Nasri and Stephen Hunt.

A foul on the edge of the box as the game moved towards half time led to a free kick that Denilson exquisitely curled into the left hand side of the goal. 1-0 The Arsenal.

The second half was enlivened by a penalty that should probably never have been, Silvestre alleged to have pulled back Fagan in the area. Gooners roared as Giovanni hit a weak penalty at Almunia who saved well and watched as the rebound was headed wide. Possibly a moment that could have changed the game totally. Perhaps the fight went out of Hull then or perhaps the Arsenal players just grew in confidence as extremely soon after Eduardo scored a scrappy goal from a few metres out after good work by Diaby and Song. Arsenal who had not been especially impressive up till then started to play with confidence and put together some good passing movements and Diaby scored a clinical 3rd goal, strongly holding off his marker to finish well. Walcott was desperately unlucky not to add to our tally shooting narrowly wide in the dying stages.

So a 3-0 win and probably a very flattering score line. We didn’t really get out of 2nd gear but Hull were pretty dire and missed their chance to change things with the penalty. With Manchester united dropping points we could ill afford to lose this and now just 2 points behind with a game in hand we have to hope the rest of this period sees wins such as this if our title dreams are to be realized.
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: Arsenal 3-0 Hull City

Postby ewalborn15 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:25 pm

Did you write this Gooner Girl? 'Cause it's really good.
DRINK AND BE MERRY!!

And it's Arsenal! Arsenal FC! We're by far the BEST TEAM the world has EVER SEEN!
Words that will bring tears to any Gooner's eye.
ewalborn15
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Git » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:20 pm

Flattery is the way to GG's heart, mate. ;)

Nice report GiGi. =)
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby gzagee » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:35 am

As ever Gigi, a toppa top post.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:39 am

Nice one!!
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby IMF » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:04 am

I'll say it on this thread too. First direct free kick we scored since RVP in 2007!

Well done Denny boy.

Diaby; thanks for your 1 in 8 top performances (even though you were poo in the first 45). No we know for the next 7 matches you will be poo to be consistantly inconsistant. lol
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby IMF » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:22 am

PS: That was the worst penalty decision I have ever seen. I just seen the highlights of the penalty and that decision was absolutely disgusting!
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby SE13 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:54 am

Good stuff, and now up on The Blog: http://goonersworld.wordpress.com/2009/ ... hull-city/

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Return to Match Reports 09/10