West Aaaaam 2 - 2 Arsenal

West Aaaaam 2 - 2 Arsenal

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:45 pm

Regardless of him being an ex-Chelski boys there was always something I found quite likeable about Gianfranco Zola, a bit like crap advent calendar chocolate he’s a guilty pleasure. You know it’s wrong to like it but there is something rather honest about it…that’s both the chocolate and Zola by the way. Anyhow I had felt quite sorry for Zola but those feelings went out the window today…and I bought a Malteasers advent calendar.

Vito Manonne was given the nod again over Almunia today. Back four was Clichy, Gallas, Vermaelen and Song. Midfield we had Song in the ‘holding role’ alongside Cesc and Diaby. And completing our Barca style formation we had Eboue, Arshavin and The Pers.

The game kicked off to a lively little pace and we were giving a lot of respect and space by West Ham. A few flutters at both ends with ourselves looking most likely to take the lead.

We could have taken the lead when Upson appeared to have handballed in the area. Yes the ball came at him but his arm was in that old ‘unnatural position’ and I’ve seen my fair share of them given.

Ah onwards and upwards anyway. We broke the deadlock around the 16 minute mark. Sagna plays a perfect little one-two with Diaby, when he receives the return Song puts in the best cross I’ve ever seen from him. No lies. Rob Green flapped at it like an over sized ostrich, he missed, The Pers didn’t. Probably one of the easiest finishes he’ll have this season but still showed good composure to pop it in the net.

The game kinda bumbled on with West Ham doing nothing of note really, he were pushing hard for the second goal and our reward came via a corner. I know as mental as it sounds we have actually managed to get a few of these in this season. Cesc hit a speculative drive towards goal which bobbled out for the corner. Van Persie’s left foot works some magic again and sticks the ball right in front of Billy Gallas’ head. Bish, bash, bosh. Billy’s header was a thing of beauty, nothing like a good headed goal is there? It also made me remind myself of how bad a w***er the big fella was last season. Nice to see that he screwed the nut and got it together for us. So yeah 2-0, cruising.

So the second half got under way and like a fat bird on a treadmill West Aaamm never really looked like doing anything or going forward.

There was chances but none that were really clean cut. I must say though for a lad who got electrocuted you think Franco upfront for them lot would have a extra bit of pace no? No. I swear he’s one of the worst players I’ve seen in my life.

Also why did I never know the bold Rigobert Song was our Sing Songs uncle?

We actually started pretty well in the second half….well for about 10 minutes til we took our foot off the gas. We were pressing and creating nice little passages of play, kept possession well then boom. We did the old return to last season.

Arshavin went close with a finely struck shot, if it was a bird it’d be like Rachel Stevens-esque. You know decent looking bird but doesn’t really do anything of note anymore. Anyhow we got a corner off the Rachel Stevens shot which came to nothing…so I thought.

Hines managed to break away and we end up giving away a free kick which to me looked nothing like a free kick. Foy was a bit picky all day to be fair. Anyhow from this free kick Diamante put the ball in which forced Vito into a save, he palmed it away and instead of going round the post he just shoved it back into the danger area. For me it was a bit like escaping from some minging birds house you went with when the beer goggles were on only for you to go back in there for a fry up. The ball ended up on Carlton Cole’s dome and he headed it. 2-1 and we’re back to last season!

After that goal we lost any shape we had and we ended up doing nothing really.

Foy awarded what looked to be a seriously soft penalty when Song was judged to have clipped or tackled (possibly tickled) Cole in the box. Diamante steps up take it, Manonne guesses the right way but unfortunately it was a really cleanly struck penalty and West Aaaam are back in it.

In a game which we should have had wrapped up at half time it’s a huge disappointment to have conceded twice. When we have these teams by the throat can we not take our feet off it please and just finish the c****?

To be honest we didn’t really create nothing after, Rob Green denies Van Persie a second when he managed to keep his header out. If I’m being really picky I think The Pers should have got a bit more power and went the other side of Green but hey ho such is the life of a Gooner.

Let’s hope the kids pile some more misery on the Scousers mid week and let’s just every one pile something into Arry next week. Pianos, mopeds, zebras and whatever else tickles your fancy.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Re: West Aaaaam 2 - 2 Arsenal

Postby gzagee » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:49 pm

Haha. Still got a way with words pal.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Git » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:51 pm

Nice report mate. =]
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:12 pm

Made me see the game from a more cheery perspective. Great job as ever ADS. :)
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Gooner Girl » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:14 pm

Great report Ades!
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Joncheff » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:56 am

Funny stuff :) . Have we still got a hang over from AZ? I think Vito generally has done well but I feel a bit more comfortable with Almunia back.
Joncheff
Patrick Vieira

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:42 pm

Cheers guys.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Return to Match Reports 09/10