Arsenal 3-1 Birmingham

Arsenal 3-1 Birmingham

Postby SE13 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:18 am

Four home games, 17 goals scored, 100% record. Ashburton Grove is a fortress again.

With Liverpoo and C$KA Fulham both losing, Arsenal had to win to keep touch, and in truth the three points were never in doubt. The Gunners started brightly, but an early injury to Theo Walcott almost halted the bandwagon. However after treatment, the striker burst through on the right wing with a huge burst of speed, and a good stop prevented a chipped effort from opening the scoring.

Arsenal pressed further, Rosicky with a bit of a howler before Song threaded Robin Van Persie who with a Bergkamp-esque touch controlled and slid the ball delightfully home. Arsenal were rolling, and within 90 seconds an onrushing Rosicky crossed from the right for Diaby appearing late at the back post to stroke home.

Arsenal were in full control, stroking the ball around with majestic ease until Birmingham won themselves a corner. I personally feel that Mannone was fouled, but it left the chance for Lee Bowyer to score, and he gobbled up the opportunity.

2-1 at half time. The Gunners again started the second half with consummate ease, chances created, Arshavin who had replaced Walcott coming close on a couple of occasions before a back-pass to City keeper Hart gave Arsenal a free kick inside the box. A rasper from Van Persie tickled the crossbar. Chances came and went, Vermaelen perhaps a touch unlucky. The game did need wrapping up, and Andrey Arshavin was only too happy to oblige, threaded through by Cesc Fabregas, quick control, one turn and slotted the ball into the right hand corner followed with his trademark finger over the mouth celebration.

3-1 Arsenal, again it could have been a cricket score, but it's 12 points from 12 at Ashburton Grove now, up to fourth in the table and with a game in hand over The Scum and leaders ManUre, a chance to go second with a win.

A break from Premiership action in midweek with Champions League action before a trip to Wet Spam a week today.

:arse flag.gif:

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Re: Arsenal 3-1 Birmingham

Postby kist88 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Edited: Try asking first.
kist88

Re: Arsenal 3-1 Birmingham

Postby Git » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:35 pm

Good report mate. Short and sweet. =)
MML
Git