Arsenal 6-2 Blackburn

Arsenal 6-2 Blackburn

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:47 pm

A Cesc Fabregas-inspired Arsenal thrashed Blackburn 6-2, but not without a couple of setbacks along the way. A hoofed free kick, which was the main outlet for Blackburn, saw Steven Nzonzi loop a header over Vito Mannone after just four minutes, and we were behind. We kept pressing though, and Fabregas went close with a delightful header after a great ball in from Arshavin.

Thomas Vermaelen, arguably the greatest goalscoring centre back around these days, only confirmed that when he surged forward, exchanged passes with Fabregas and hammered the ball into the bottom right corner, with absolutely no chance for Paul Robinson. It was well deserved for Arsenal, and it looked like we were back on track.

Then, Gael Clichy decided to saunter back, leaving the defence bare after a long hoof from Paul Robinson. David Dunn found space, and curled a shot in via a massive deflection off of William Gallas' heel. The ball looped over Vito Mannone, who could do nothing about it.

Arsenal powered forward, without fear, and soon that paid off, with Fabregas slipping van Persie through, and the Flying Dutchman drilled low into the bottom right corner, and it was 2-2.

Fabregas decided two assists weren't enough, and delightfully set up Andrey Arshavin to drill the ball past Paul Robinson to make it 3-2 to the Gunners, who were finally in front. Half time then came, and after 5 goals in 45 minutes, the second half was an appetizing prospect.

No changes were made by either side, and Arsenal kicked off. Twelve minutes in, and Cesc Fabregas made two delightful passes that were cut out, then decided he couldn't be bothered with all that passing stuff at the third time of asking, and chested the ball down, and volleyed home magnificently with his left foot, Paul Robinson again with no chance. Fabregas ran to the Arsenal fans in the corner, and kissed his badge, pointing to the Arsenal crest, reaffirming his desire to stay with this Club. The goal may have reminded some of Cesc's goal for us against Rosenborg, when he chested the ball, kept the ball in the air and then volleyed in with his left. The score was 4-2, and it looked like Blackburn were doomed.

They then hit the post, with youngster Hoilett, or as I called him, Toilet, struck the post, but replays show that a brave Thomas Vermaelen deflected the ball onto the woodwork with his head. Theo Walcott had by then taken to the field, replacing Tomas Rosicky, and made an impact pretty soon. As the ball fell to Cesc, he poked the ball into the path of Arshavin, and the counter attack was on. The diminutive Russian raced down the left wing, and Fabregas was making serious ground through the centre. Once Arshavin had reached the edge of the box, he cut inside and laid it off for Fabregas, who poked it delightfully into the path of Theo Walcott, who hardly had to break his stride to slot powerfully into the bottom corner to seal the win at 5-2. Ex-Arsenal captain Thierry Henry was watching on, and was no doubt pleased to see the young man who now wears Henry's old number 14 score on his return from injury.

Chances fell to Abou Diaby and Alex Song, with the latter heading straight at Paul Robinson powerfully from a corner, with Diaby romping through after a pass from, yep, Cesc Fabregas, only to curl wide. Then Fabregas and Arshavin were replaced by Ramsey and Nicklas Bendtner respectively, with Fabregas recieving a well-deserved standing ovation. Bendnter, who had nearly come off very badly from a midweek car crash, soon made an impact. In the 88th minute, he chested the ball down imperiously, cut in from the left wing and raced across goal to smash in the final piece of the puzzle for Arsenal, with the ball crashing in off of the post.

A fantastic win for Arsenal, and with Birmingham up next weekend after a midweek tie with AZ Alkmaar, hopefully the goals will keep flowing for the Premier League's top scorers.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Re: Arsenal 6-2 Blackburn

Postby SE13 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:52 pm

Nice stuff, and very quickly too!

:clap: :clap:

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Good post!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:07 pm

Nice stuff mate, enjoyed reliving that again :)
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:10 pm

Cheers you guys! :P
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:15 pm

Good stuff mate.

We can rotate several players for the midweek game and still field an impressive line-up.
:)
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby dj_jonty_uk » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:45 pm

great post young man! and a great performance today once we got going. cesc played excellent today, and the smile on his face as he sat on the bench when bentner scored.......you can see that the team are more of a close unit now.

excellent all round! and with the inclusion of a spectating thierry henry in the stands......i was proud of the club yet again today. good times!
dj_jonty_uk
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Thankyou mate! Yeah, I love seeing the players smiling on a match day, especially Fabregas' celebration. :)
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Q8 Gooner » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:42 pm

Great performance.. If our players can stay fit.. we have an impressive squad..
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:04 pm

you should print this out and give it to your English teacher! he/she will be well impressed!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Gooner Girl » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:47 pm

Great write up. You're very articulate for one so young. I missed the match so good to read a thorough report.
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:55 pm

Haha cheers PG, and thankyou Gigi, I was close to missing it but my team had a bye in the cup. :D
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby HorseMachine » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:58 pm

Awesome write up, the only thing I wanna say is that I blame Sagna for the 2nd goal condeded, not Clichy. I was sitting right behind the goal at the time, and as soon as Robinson took the kick I kept thinking to myself "Sagna get back, sagna get back!" whilst he was sauntering along back from the half way line, meaning Gallas was pulled out and our defense was out of shape.

Honestly as daft as it may seem to many (and even myself a few weeks prior) I am starting to prefer Eboue as our RB again
HorseMachine
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:59 pm

Thanks, exactly the same with Clichy, so I wasn't watching Sagna! But at least things turned out well, although we'll have to work on that. Apparently Sagna was rubbish, but I didn't see that.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Goose » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:15 pm

niiiiice
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Next

Return to Match Reports 09/10