Fulham 0 - 1 Arsenal

Fulham 0 - 1 Arsenal

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:33 am

On the back of a fine win against Wigan, Arsenal went into this game seeking revenge for last season. Beaten in this fixture last season and only able to take a point off Fulham at home we had points to prove…and three to win.

Between the sticks we had the lad who, like cheap condoms, had Arsenal fans split. Half said he was good, the other half are now expecting triplets. Anyhow in front of Don Vito was Sagna, Clichy, Gallas and the man machine that is Vermaelen. Midfield we had Cesc, Song, Diaby and a welcome return to the worlds favourite meerkat, Arshavin. Up top we had the Pers who at times was playing at lone striker and was sometimes accompanied by Bendtner.

Anyhow, we started brightly, in fact both teams did. Vermaelen had a decent chance to increase his scoring record but the ball was a bit too deep and he just couldn’t get his head on it. But some decent football was played by both sides.

In the 9th minute were forced into making a substitution when Duff got injured. On came the lively Hungarian midfielder Zoltan Gera, who has a quality name by the way.

There was then our own little injury concern. I know your shocked, us and injuries? Don’t happen does it…*roll eye smilie* But yeah an accidental clash between Vito and Billy Gallas saw Arsenals number 10 on the deck for a bit. A lack of communication will be the cause of it but to be honest I was just happy that Vito collected the ball well and that Billy was risking his arse to get to a ball that this time last season he’d have probably volleyed into our net.

The first clear cut chance fell to the hosts. Zamora took Clichy for a little stroll over the road to my mums gaff, he didn’t really but my mums would have put tea and stuff on, but basically Clichy just allowed himself to be dragged about by this big weirdo. Zamora laid it off to Gera, who put in a fine cross, a fine header was met by a tremendous save by Vito. Mannone pushed the ball out and was picked up by Dempsey who was also foiled by the Don. As much as I wanna say it was save, Dempsey did seem to smack him in the face with the ball, no doubt he’ll wake up with a horses head in his bed this morning. Apparently Dempsey’s Mrs said it was an improvement…and she’s now banging Vito on the side.

To be honest there wasn’t really much happening in the first half, well for us anyhow. Fulham had the better of the chances and had it not been for Don Vito we could have easily been 2-0 down. As a side note, does anyone else think of chip shops and the little stereotypical Italian c*** on pizza boxes when they say Don Vito? Well I do and ended up with a pizza and chips for dinner last night.

Seven minutes after the restart we the lead. Cesc puts a fantastically weighted ball over the top of Fulham’s defence and Van Persie latches onto it. His first touch is Derren Brown-esque, minus camera tricks and NLP crap, the ball is completely under his control. Left foot take down, tucked away with his right and the keeper has no chance. Fantastic goal.

Zamora again provided Johnson with a great cross but Don Vito ain’t having this and produces another fine save. Clichy then pays the Don £20K protection money for saving his arse today.

If I’m being really honest the game was decent, loads of nice build up play but there was no end product at all. At times it looked like we could go on the rampage and rattle them about 4-0. Then at other times it looked like the Mohammed Al Fayed Mafia would come back at us and take a point or more. Poor finishing from both sides and just a breakdown of moves made the game stick at 1-0. Well that and Vito was so good at saving stuff he actually saved twelve families from various fires, got 18 cats from trees and also stopped a Chelsea comeback v Wigan earlier in the day. Roberto Martinez actually admitted this on Sky Sports News.

Arshavin then went off to let Rosicky come on, t’was joyous considering that Arshavin done nothing all day. All this compare the meerkat business must be too much for him. Not simples.

So Mannone decided to make some more saves, he actually got Tesco’s to pay for some old birds shopping he was that good at saving yesterday.

We looked pretty poor in the final third yesterday our strikers really need to get started as funny as it is it’s also a rather pathetic reflection on our strikers when a centre half is our top scorer.

A tight 1-0 win did me just fine though and without a doubt man of the match is John Gotti. Closely followed by Song who was outstanding in the midfield, I could have talked about him some more but today was all about Mannone, apparently Paulie from Goodfellas come in after the match and made him. Good day all round for the kid.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Re: Fulham 0 - 1 Arsenal

Postby Git » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:42 am

Hahaha, top stuff as always my good man!
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Gould » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:43 am

great stuff ads cracking read
Gould
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Goose » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:52 am

Hahahahahahahaha best report I have read yet

Well that and Vito was so good at saving stuff he actually saved twelve families from various fires, got 18 cats from trees and also stopped a Chelsea comeback v Wigan earlier in the day. Roberto Martinez actually admitted this on Sky Sports News.
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:53 am

Great report ADS, loving the humour. I too thought Song did really well; I can't recall him ever giving the ball away in that match, whatever the situation. He's actually a good dribbler. Just you wait for Arsene to turn him into an AM :lol:
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:14 pm

Always a good bit of humour in your reports.

Thanks.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Joncheff » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:01 am

Awesome report mate. I think we should stick with him and dread to think what the mafia might do if we dont! :arse flag.gif:
Joncheff
Patrick Vieira

Postby Gooner Girl » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:17 am

great report hun :)
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Return to Match Reports 09/10