Manchester City [4-2] Arsenal - Money wins this round

Manchester City [4-2] Arsenal - Money wins this round

Postby rvtheace » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:13 pm

Arsenal hit another nasty bump in the early stages of the EPL, when the second side of Manchester handed us a defeat that both injures and insults.

The match played host to a variety of themes. The rise of a new power. Extravagance vs. frugality. The return of an ex-player. It was a recipe for dramatics, and in that sense it did not fail to disappoint.

It could have easily began with Arsenal taking the lead, but Gallas messed up a free header early on. Not soon after that, we were punished with another silly goal in Manchester when a Richards header bounced off the post, off Almunia's head, and into the goal. Arsenal's game was not quite poor, but not quite awesome either. It did not seem like equalising would be so easy, especially given the defensive qualities Man City were displaying.

It was great to see Rosicky back after such a long hiatus, and the man went about his job showing his skill on the ball that we've been missing for a while. Real dividends were paid when he found RvP in a good position, and the striker half-fell, and half-flicked himself into a shooting position and managed to produce a goal of supreme elegance without ever seeming to get his balance right.

At 1-1, and the attack clicking into gear, things were looking good for us. But Richards managed to skip past Song and feed Bellamy, who happily sidefooted his team back into the lead.

Arsenal tried to hit back, and vociferously appealed for a penalty after an apparent handball by Barry. But it all went in vain soon after when Adebayor rose to produce a killer header. His celebration that followed was beyond disgraceful, running the length of the pitch to scream his lungs out at the away fans. Pathetic.

Minutes later, SwP was presented with a clear run on goal and produced a clinical finish to give the home side a wide berth.

However, the way Arsenal finished the match, it appeared as if they might conjure something out of this match. Rosicky marked his return with a calmly finish goal to reduce the deficit. But despite the flurry of chances towards the end, including RvP hitting the post a la Man United, Arsenal ended the day with a sickening defeat.

Clearly, Manchester City are going to be a force to reckon with this season, especially if they combine classy finishing with attritional play as they did today. Arsenal need to sharpen in attack and avoid making any more mistakes at the back. It's early in the season yet, but it looks all set to be one heck of a contest.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Re: Manchester City [4-2] Arsenal - Money wins this round

Postby elkanofan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:39 pm

Man $hitty still suck imo

They will lost one game then fall apart.

Once their failties come apparent they will be too far gone to change anything.

Looking at the way United are carving the ****ing yids apart United will destroy their team and cofidence when they meet in two weeks
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rockin' Robin » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:25 pm

Nice report dude.
Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:48 pm

Good job rv, hard to do after a game like that.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby niko197 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:38 pm

elkanofan wrote:Man $hitty still suck imo

Looking at the way United are carving the ****ing yids apart United will destroy their team and cofidence when they meet in two weeks

you should stop smoking crack mate, it's bad for your health.
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:50 pm

niko197 wrote:

Sorry but i know i will be sitting there in March watching a mangerless city with all the mercenaries which were promised major money and glories looking around feeling sorry for themselves in mid table and season of going nowhere.

You DON'T become a great team overnight!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby niko197 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:54 pm

elkanofan wrote:
niko197 wrote:

Sorry but i know i will be sitting there in March watching a mangerless city with all the mercenaries which were promised major money and glories looking around feeling sorry for themselves in mid table and season of going nowhere.

of course you don't, but city is very strong now, imagine how good they will be after one or two seasons!? they have good players with few world class players.
btw like it or not, chelsea become great team over night. f**k it, that's what football is today!
and i like it, more good teams, more good football, and of course more happines when you win the trophy! :cloud9:
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:54 pm

elkanofan wrote:
niko197 wrote:

You DON'T become a great team overnight
!

Sorry but so far Man City have disproved this theory with shitload of evidence to suggest otherwise.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Gooner Girl » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:47 pm

Well done rv, can't have been much fun to write today...
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby elkanofan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:20 pm

niko197 wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
niko197 wrote:

of course you don't, but city is very strong now, imagine how good they will be after one or two seasons!? they have good players with few world class players.
btw like it or not, chelsea become great team over night. f**k it, that's what football is today!
and i like it, more good teams, more good football, and of course more happines when you win the trophy! :cloud9:

You like the fact the ONLY way a team can challenge the top 4 is to buy a shitload of players with a stupidly rich chairman?

If this is the case what is the f***ing point of teams like Fulham, Burnley etc...? They might aswell stop playing since theres no way they can push on from 7th place. Also Burnley can only do so much if they stay up since here is no money, they don't have a stupidly rich chairman. What have $hitty done to deserve all this money? Nothing! Just got lucky thats all. Same with Chelski.

Football needs to be sorted out. This crap can't continue, in american sports what i like is it's a level playing feield financial wise, all the teams CAN go to the top if they sort their team out. Also if they bring though young talent they can keep these players and go all the way to the top with them, in football it seems they are simply snapped up by bigger clubs so even European giants such as Ajax and maybe even now Bayern are just becoming feeder clubs.

Teams like $hitt and Chelski are making football a joke!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby elkanofan » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:22 pm

gunngunn wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
niko197 wrote:

You DON'T become a great team overnight
!

Sorry but so far Man City have disproved this theory with shitload of evidence to suggest otherwise.

Like i have said, football is therefore dead.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Joncheff » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:08 am

I cant remember a loss hurting as much like this one does
Joncheff
Patrick Vieira

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:36 am

As I said the other week when I was told you would destroy us. Why?

We beat top 4 teams all the time. It doesn't matter if we're better than them or not, we can still beat them. So again I will ask, now we are a better team than previous years, why do you think we will stop beating top 4 teams?
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby niko197 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:23 am

elkanofan wrote:
niko197 wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
niko197 wrote:

You like the fact the ONLY way a team can challenge the top 4 is to buy a shitload of players with a stupidly rich chairman?

If this is the case what is the f***ing point of teams like Fulham, Burnley etc...? They might aswell stop playing since theres no way they can push on from 7th place. Also Burnley can only do so much if they stay up since here is no money, they don't have a stupidly rich chairman. What have $hitty done to deserve all this money? Nothing! Just got lucky thats all. Same with Chelski.

Football needs to be sorted out. This crap can't continue, in american sports what i like is it's a level playing feield financial wise, all the teams CAN go to the top if they sort their team out. Also if they bring though young talent they can keep these players and go all the way to the top with them, in football it seems they are simply snapped up by bigger clubs so even European giants such as Ajax and maybe even now Bayern are just becoming feeder clubs.

Teams like $hitt and Chelski are making football a joke!

and how do you expect them to competewith top 4 without shit load of money!? what, they should create a strong team without money!? it's impossible in the football today, because top 4 will still their best players, which means they are destroying football. that's a bit hypocritical don't you think!?

i mean what's the point of football if we know that top 4 will win it every year!?

why is it ok that top 4 is ritch, and it's not ok for others!?
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby SE13 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:33 am

Cheers RV.

People seem to forget that Man City ripped us apart last season, it's hardly a new phenomena......

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Next

Return to Match Reports 09/10