Manchester City [4-2] Arsenal - Money wins this round

Re: Manchester City [4-2] Arsenal - Money wins this round

Postby StLGooner » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:28 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
ChVint22 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Loads of Arsenal fans keep saying 'money doesn't buy success' so I don't see the problem anyway!

Thats just a stupid saying. Of course it does. Just ask Madrid, Barca, the Munichs, the Yankees.

All that saying means is that it doesn't guarantee you'll win, but it sure gives you a greater chance.

Lets put it this way, if you didn't have all that money, would you have Robinho, Ade, Tevez, Barry, etc? I highly doubt it.

Just gotta ask, did you start calling them the munichs cos of me? lol. I noticed you started saying it a lot lately and wondered if I mentioned it when you were in England.

No doubt money does buy success but unfortunatly it's the only way to do things now.

No, not just from you, from the Herd site too.

And just so you know, I ain't mad at ya, it is the way of football. Just wish there was a transfer cap of some sort, but there ain't and until there is you're free to spend what you want. :Peace:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BlueMoon » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:41 pm

ChVint22 wrote:Just wish there was a transfer cap of some sort, but there ain't and until there is you're free to spend what you want. :Peace:

Just wanted to make a point...

You wouldn't have gotten over 40 million pound for Toure and Ade if there was a cap....

Not that you spent it anyways however... :think: I don't understand Mr. I Didn't See It I really don't.
BlueMoon
Liam Brady

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:38 pm

Andreys_Does_Simples wrote:Nice report but money had f**k all to do with it when our two centre halves were being bullied like little bitches.

Yeah but who were they being bullied by? Players that cost City many millions of pounds.

There's no guarantee that we would've beat them if they hadn't bought all these players but it would've been a lot more likely.
City can spend as much money as they like, good luck to them but I agree with elkanofan, it's not good for football.

I'm sure they'll do well this season. Every player has to play out of his skin every week just to nail down a starting place - but I still don't think they'll break into the top four yet.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:43 pm

Inchpractice wrote:I'm sure they'll do well this season. Every player has to play out of his skin every week just to nail down a starting place - but I still don't think they'll break into the top four yet.

I didn't think so at first, but I'm not so sure now. I think they have a real chance. It was very smart, albeit highly expensive (but hey what do they care?) to buy from the premier league.

It won't be us dropping off though, I'm confident of that
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Joncheff » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:25 am

Yorkyblue wrote:
Libertine wrote:
Joncheff wrote:I cant remember a loss hurting as much like this one does

I assume you're joking?

Probs a new fan mate.

Well actually I been a fan of 13 years. This one personally really hit hard mainly because of the adebayor celebration. For all his idiosyncracies I thought he did well for arsenal and wished him all the best. Then to see that celebration was a kick in the teeth.
Now seeing that post after a couple of days and comparing it to champions league final defeats it does seem an over exaggeration heat in the moment thing to say.
Just feel a bit naive to actually wish him well. I am officially now a hater!
Joncheff
Patrick Vieira

Postby thebish » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:29 am

it was the money what did it...

hmmmm... there's a line to stash away for when Arsenal next beat Bolton... ;)
thebish
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Inchpräctice » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:55 am

You can't blame Bolton's crapness on Arsenal having too much money bish, they've always been crap.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby thebish » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:24 am

Inchpractice wrote:You can't blame Bolton's crapness on Arsenal having too much money bish, they've always been crap.

I shall blame it on the massively expensive russian striker who waltzes his way past our "defence" - much as you did citeh's massively expensive players "bullying your centre halves"... ;)

(or - more likely - I shall conveniently disappear for a while! ;) )

(arsenal did bottle out of the fixture tho - it was supposed to be in August....)
thebish
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby rvtheace » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:23 am

Folks, emphasis is not on 'money' but on 'this round'. We'll see who ends up where at the end of the season.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby BlueMoon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:04 am

rvtheace wrote:Folks, emphasis is not on 'money' but on 'this round'. We'll see who ends up where at the end of the season.

Yeah. we will! CTID
BlueMoon
Liam Brady

Postby Andreys_Does_Simples » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:56 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Andreys_Does_Simples wrote:Nice report but money had f**k all to do with it when our two centre halves were being bullied like little bitches.

Yeah but who were they being bullied by? Players that cost City many millions of pounds.

And by players that cost Liege peanuts. Our defence constantly get bullied and we're still incredibly weak at set pieces. The amount of room Ade got for that header was school boy stuff, give a £25 or a £25m player that type of space and your asking for trouble.
Reinvestment before Renewal.
Andreys_Does_Simples
Match Reporter

Previous

Return to Match Reports 09/10