Man Utd 2-1 Arsenal

Man Utd 2-1 Arsenal

Postby Gunner Down Under » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:16 am

Once again a loss to Man United in Australia results in much laughter and ridicule, towards me and other Arsenal supporters, mostly. But they can't really talk because they don't analylse the game at all.

But they at least read a match report (in which people don't bother to here) you would have known that they were lucky. Very lucky.

We had no Fabregas, but they can argue that they had no Hargreaves (like he would have helped), but more importantly, Van Der Sar. They can't talk about Tevez and Ronaldo, as good ol' Ferguson bought of all people, Owen and Valencia, that I don't think can adapt to Man U in hurry.

But in the argument we can also say we had no Nasri or Walcott in that matter, and Walcott could have replaced Eboue.

Anyway, our team in a year has grown better than theirs, minus VDS.

So today we started with Bendtner on the bench, with Eduardo. Last season, a
Almunia, Sagna, Vermaelen, Gallas, Clichy, Denilson, Song, Diaby, Eboue, Arshavin, Van Persie line up wouldn't have sounded too threatening with Song, Diaby, Eboue and Denilson almost never playing when Nasri, Rosicky and Walcott were in.

This game now, was quite in Arsenal's way, but Nani, Fletcher, and Rooney did have chances.

But Arsenal were the first to score, a brilliant strike by Arshavin, that Superman bolted into the top of the net, five from half time.

Half time, though, and Man United were beginning to take control. It didn't take long for a goal at our end. Almunia's save made contact with Rooney, and a penalty was awarded. Goal.

And Diaby's own goal minutes later seemingly finished us off.

But we weren't without fight, with RvP's free kick hitting the crossbar, and moments from time, his goal was flagged offside, and that resulted in Wenger was sent from the dug-out.

Final score, 2-1 to Man United, but they were very lucky, and we were unlucky to pick up another three points.

By the way, this was copied and pasted from my blog, and excuse the seemingly extra parts here. :arsesmile:
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Re: Man Utd 2-1 Arsenal

Postby errol » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:49 pm

i feel sorry for rvp! the poor guy had chances....his biggest chance was at the end of the game....but stupid gallas put out his hand to try to get attention from the ref tht he was offside :P ......arsenal were very unlucky.....i agree..
manu had 2 lucky goals....none of them were ACTUALLY scored ....the penalty was crazy.....almunia just HAD TO CATCH THT CRAZY GUY'S LEGS!

the funniest part of the game was when arsene wenger had to stand in front of all the manu fans ! i feel bad for him though and hes gonna get an apology...

see!!! arsenal always get respect!!:)

neway lets see wt we do in our next game...... cya :)

t
In arsene We Trust
errol
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Re: Man Utd 2-1 Arsenal

Postby rvtheace » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:04 pm

Really unfortunate loss. Silly penalty and what to say about the own goal!
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Return to Match Reports 09/10