Lincoln City Vs Arsenal XI | Preseason Friendly

Lincoln City Vs Arsenal XI | Preseason Friendly

Postby Imp » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:58 pm

I was gonna write a full report up for you lads but I'm too knackered.

All in all a good game from Lincoln's perspective, Arsenal had a good first half, Giles Sunu (sp?) being the catalyst to all of your attacks, he was simply class I thought, his goal wasn't bad either as he lobbed the oncoming keeper. In the second half Arsenal started to tire a bit and lost out physically to some of Lincoln's bigger players.

The Imps started to create numerous opportunities with our right winger skinning your left back Cruise time after time. But Arsenal had a swift counter attack and Jay Thomas finished well. Lincoln then got a goal back from a free-kick, a don't think there was any contact with the ball as it went past your keeper who was in no-mans land.

We then got on level terms thanks to ex-man utd striker Christy Fagan who curled in a magnificent 25 yarder. Lincoln had a lot of the ball towards the end with the Arsenal players tiring. However right before the death Barazite swung in a corner and an unmarked Ayling headed in towards the far post.

For a League 2 Lincoln city fan, this game was great to watch, Arsenal typically playing the ball around with relative ease, however you probably lack the muscle in defence.
I thought that Sunu was your Man of the match, he simply glided past our players in the first half and has a cracking shot on him. Jay Emmanuel Thomas is another that I was impressed with, he has an (sorry for this) Adebayor like frame, but he actually uses his strength and his movement and passing was superb.

All in all an enjoyable match, I'm looking forward to seeing some of those youngsters progress in the future.
Imp
Liam Brady

Re: Lincoln City Vs Arsenal XI | Preseason Friendly

Postby maslo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:55 am

cheers for putting that up, much appreciated.
good to hear sunu played well and sounds like a good match.
maslo
Charlie George
Charlie George

Re: Lincoln City Vs Arsenal XI | Preseason Friendly

Postby Cheese » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:33 pm

Nice simple but informative report. Thank you. :thumbsup:
“What a great day for football, all we need is some green grass and a ball.”
Cheese
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Return to Match Reports 09/10