Alan Hansen, BBC and co. Hypocricy??

Talk about the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa

Postby ProudGooner » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:58 pm

When stoke, bolton, blackburn play like that against arsenal (as holland did vs Spain) these very same guys defend those teams. Infact they praise their desire, committment and intensity. They make excuses for their horrendous and dangerous, over the top tackles.

They criticise Arsenal for being too soft and moaning. Even when one of our player gets his leg broken they defend the tackles from the opposition saying how, due to the lack of quality, they have to play it hard and rough.

When Arsenal try to keep it on the floor they say they dont have a plan B.

Taking all of this into consideration am I the only one that felt they were being extremely hypocritical for moaning about Holland???
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Re: Alan Hansen, BBC and co. Hypocricy??

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:03 am

No you are not alone.

They were disgraceful, Holland IMO were by far the better side, they mixed it up, got stuck in and yes, they should have been down to 10 men in the first half but they wern't.

Spain cheated their way to victory with their diving and general play acting.

What else whould we expect from the BBC though?
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby ProudGooner » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:07 am

I hated Spain's diving all over the place. And they constantly work on the referee as a team (for Holland Van Bommell alone does this job :)).

I was really suprised when I heard Alan Hansen at half time. This is the guy that encourages teams up and down the country to kick lumps out of our players and here he was criticising Holland for their tactics.

If Holland had a player who could bring RVP into play they would have won the world cup. The entire tournament there problem has been that no one has supplied RVP with anything. He has to come deep and he brings others into play.

I felt so sorry for RVP today.
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:41 am

Holland have two players who could of brought RvP into the game, but they are both greedy c****!.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby IMF » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:13 am

Robben completed 1 pass in the attacking 3rd today. No joke. Holland were better off without him.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge

Postby GunnGunn » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:19 am

IMF wrote:Robben completed 1 pass in the attacking 3rd today. No joke. Holland were better off without him.

And yet they were jizzing over him for the majority of the match...

RVP shrugged off some hard tackles this WC, so i am hoping he bucks the trend and can play 30+ Premier League games plus the others next season.

Although i have a feeling that Chamakh may be making a big case for himself...

4-1-3-2 Next season please.
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:25 am

GunnGunn wrote:Holland have two players who could of brought RvP into the game, but they are both greedy ****!.

To be fair RVP never enjoys the lone striker role.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:13 am

Hansen is a grade A muppet, I've long thought he gets paid off to express certain views on live tv in front of millions. All this shite about Holland being thugs being spouted by the BBC and Sky is nonsense. De Jong committed the only horrible foul of the night and he maybe should have been sent off for it, but otherwise Spain were the embarrassment to the sport. How many players did Iniesta alone get booked? 3, 4? Hetinga's second yellow there was NO contact. NONE! Yet for reasons I can't fathom other than money changing hands, these regular Stoke lovers are applauding the worst playacting team in the history of the world.

I switched over to the CBBC commentary just after half time and I'm glad I did. They were having a right laugh, commented freely on Spain's disgusting theatrics and took the piss out of Hansen
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Briggsy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:41 am

I thought I was watching BBC spain myself! On the whole BBC where better than ITV but on this one occasion I wished I was watching ITV
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby djaxster » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:46 am

Briggsy wrote:I thought I was watching BBC spain myself! On the whole BBC where better than ITV but on this one occasion I wished I was watching ITV

I did watch ITV can't stand Lineker,Hansen and Shearer. They all talk shite
djaxster
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Inchpräctice » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:50 am

GunnGunn wrote:RVP shrugged off some hard tackles this WC, so i am hoping he bucks the trend and can play 30+ Premier League games plus the others next season.

We've all missed one massive bonus from this WC.
RVP completed an entire world cup without getting injured!
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby ProudGooner » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:55 am

CynicalGooner wrote:Hansen is a grade A muppet, I've long thought he gets paid off to express certain views on live tv in front of millions. All this shite about Holland being thugs being spouted by the BBC and Sky is nonsense. De Jong committed the only horrible foul of the night and he maybe should have been sent off for it, but otherwise Spain were the embarrassment to the sport. How many players did Iniesta alone get booked? 3, 4? Hetinga's second yellow there was NO contact. NONE! Yet for reasons I can't fathom other than money changing hands, these regular Stoke lovers are applauding the worst playacting team in the history of the world.

I switched over to the CBBC commentary just after half time and I'm glad I did. They were having a right laugh, commented freely on Spain's disgusting theatrics and took the piss out of Hansen

Yes, very good points. I was thinking the same about Iniesta. When Heitenga got sent off I thought how many players now has Iniesta got booked? Every time someone touched him dived and rolled around. To be fair Heitenga's first yellow (on Villa I think) he only got that because Villa was rolling on the floor after little contact.

I cannot believe how biased the coverage was last night. It was a disgrace to be honest. There were 2 key incidents (apart from a lot of others) where things went Spain's way (as it did most of the night). Robben is clean on goal and is trying to score. I counted three fouls on him by Puyol in that one action. Puyol was already on a yellow. There was a case for a straight red. Not even deemed a foul by Howard Web.

Second incident Heitenga puts his arm on Iniesta for a fraction of a second. He is sent off straight away. Can anyone seriously claim that Heitenga made more contact with Iniesta than Puyol with Robben who was all over him.

I can pick up so many more bad decisions. End of the day Holland were unlucky to be honest. They had the better chances Spain had the better luck.

But I dont care so much about this since I dont care about Holland or Spain. But it really amazed me to see how the bbc muppetts were praising spain and having a go at Holland. Think about it this way if it was stoke vs arsenal and the exact same game what kind of reaction would you expect from them?
ProudGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Leody » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:59 am

Inchpractice wrote:
GunnGunn wrote:RVP shrugged off some hard tackles this WC, so i am hoping he bucks the trend and can play 30+ Premier League games plus the others next season.

We've all missed one massive bonus from this WC.
RVP completed an entire world cup without getting injured!

I now expect to hear a story today that RVP injured himself tripping off the step from the bus when they arrived back at the hotel yesterday.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gunner Down Under » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:14 am

ProudGooner wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Hansen is a grade A muppet, I've long thought he gets paid off to express certain views on live tv in front of millions. All this shite about Holland being thugs being spouted by the BBC and Sky is nonsense. De Jong committed the only horrible foul of the night and he maybe should have been sent off for it, but otherwise Spain were the embarrassment to the sport. How many players did Iniesta alone get booked? 3, 4? Hetinga's second yellow there was NO contact. NONE! Yet for reasons I can't fathom other than money changing hands, these regular Stoke lovers are applauding the worst playacting team in the history of the world.

Yes, very good points. I was thinking the same about Iniesta. When Heitenga got sent off I thought how many players now has Iniesta got booked? Every time someone touched him dived and rolled around. To be fair Heitenga's first yellow (on Villa I think) he only got that because Villa was rolling on the floor after little contact.

I cannot believe how biased the coverage was last night. It was a disgrace to be honest. There were 2 key incidents (apart from a lot of others) where things went Spain's way (as it did most of the night). Robben is clean on goal and is trying to score. I counted three fouls on him by Puyol in that one action. Puyol was already on a yellow. There was a case for a straight red. Not even deemed a foul by Howard Web.

Second incident Heitenga puts his arm on Iniesta for a fraction of a second. He is sent off straight away. Can anyone seriously claim that Heitenga made more contact with Iniesta than Puyol with Robben who was all over him.

I can pick up so many more bad decisions. End of the day Holland were unlucky to be honest. They had the better chances Spain had the better luck.

But I dont care so much about this since I dont care about Holland or Spain. But it really amazed me to see how the bbc muppetts were praising spain and having a go at Holland. Think about it this way if it was stoke vs arsenal and the exact same game what kind of reaction would you expect from them?

It seems amazing that the diving was all- yes ALL missed by Webb altogether, and two Holland players get sent off, and this combined with the fact that it was a boring match and it was the World Cup final...... didn't cut it.

This tournament would have decided by the World Cup final- it was sh*t, the tournament was sh*t, the refereeing was sh*t, and that summed it up very nicely for me. Bring on 2014, I have no more desire to have a part of this crap.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby cap06gunner06 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:32 am

I was saying the exact same thing. It is a joke. I thought Holland deserved to win. I also cant stand iniesta. he is absolute scum in my eyes, diving about all over the place. Fantastic on the ball, no doubt about it..But he's a fuckin prick
cap06gunner06
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Next

Return to FIFA World Cup 2010