Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Talk about the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby NotABlindFollower » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:56 pm

gzagee wrote:
starmandb wrote:footballer.i would have expected an arsenal player to do the same thing rather than let the ball sail into the net and take the punishment afterwards.
he was sent off a penalty was awarded and as much as i feel sorry for ghana its all part of the game he got a penalty and missed it. suarez feining an injury earlier to try to get a player sent off was a far more distasteful occurence and outside acceptable rules of behaviour


GunnGunn wrote:Exactly Starman.

If i played for Arsenal i would do the same thing, England, same thing.

Call me a cheating prick if you like but if that what it takes, then that is what it takes, simple.


That's all very well and good. Now put yourself in the shoes of the opposition. England are fantastic at playing the victim card so it shouldn't be too hard to imagine.

Yep, that's right you'd've called him a cheat. The media would've dug up some obscure historical disagreement with said country and the nation would be whipped into a frenzy.

In England folks STILL going on about Maradona's 'Hand of God' goal. That was in 1986.
And trust me, no retrospective action would've eased any pain.

Anyhoo, it's only Ghana. In time it will be forgotten by most of the Western world whilst England will still mulch about Frank Lampard's 'goal'. Despite the fact it wouldn't have changed the outcome...


Ghana had the chance to win the game. A penalty was given and they had it in their hands to win the game. They threw the chance away and got what they deserve. I feel no sympathy for Ghana at all.

Its not as if they didnt get an opporunity to win the game.
NotABlindFollower
 

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby NotABlindFollower » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:57 pm

Goose wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Jay22 wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Jay22 wrote:I agree probably 99% of the players would have done the same thing. But i don't think it justifies his actions. He cheated to stop Ghana from winning. Whether it's the hand of god, Henry's hand goal or this act, they all are cheating, simple as.

Why should he give a shit about Ghana?

He only cares about his team. Any player that wears the Arsenal Shirt I would only expect him to care about Arsenal. If an England player had done that I would be proud of him.

I think the criticism Suarez is getting is ridiculous. Who wouldnt have done the same? And if you didnt do the same then I would question your loyalty to the shirt you wear.

I would have done the same thing If I was in that position and if it had helped my team go through I would have been proud of myself.

I never said he should care about Ghana, did i? :rolleyes:
I am not saying other players won't do it, 99.9% of them will do the same thing but that doesn't justify his actions. If an Arsenal player did that, i would be terribly disappointed with him.


You said you think it doesnt justify his actions because he cheated to stop Ghana from winning. As if you expected him to care about Ghana.

If an Arsenal player took a personal setback to save his team I would be proud of him. Infact I believe this is one of the things we lack right now.


Looked what happened to Eduardo and the "dive".

Could you imagine if it was this scenario?

Eduardo volley balled the ball off the goal line to stop Celtic getting to the group stages in the dying moments of the game?

I would not be proud

And I would not give a shit. I would be happy to get through.
NotABlindFollower
 

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby NotABlindFollower » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:He is definately a cheat, I don't think anyone can disputed that but there is so much cheating in this sport now the word cheat has lost alot of it's potency.


Ok how is he a cheat? He committed a foul, broke the rules and got punished.

You will see because it is a blatant and deliberate foul.

Well how is it any differnt to what pique did today? He pulled a paraguay player down to the ground to stop him from heading a corner.

How is it any different to what van bommel was doing the entire 90 minutes yesterday? Deliberate and cynical fouls all over the pitch. Is that cheating too?

Lets not go down this road because if we do then you will fail to find me one football player that is not a cheat.


Forgive me if I am wrong but didn't Rev just say there is a lot of cheating in the game? Do you just browse threads for opportunities to troll?


If he did then he is wrong. Read my thread. I do not agree with him that this is cheating.


IF he did? read his post.


Did he not say Suarez is cheating?

I disagreed with that point he made. What is your point? Why are you arguing over nothing.


I am not arguing. I am pointing out that you never seem to read all of someones post before you jump in.

I read all of the post that I replied to. Obviously, I dont hold a database of everyone's past post in my head.
NotABlindFollower
 

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby gzagee » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:58 pm

NotABlindFollower wrote:
gzagee wrote:
starmandb wrote:footballer.i would have expected an arsenal player to do the same thing rather than let the ball sail into the net and take the punishment afterwards.
he was sent off a penalty was awarded and as much as i feel sorry for ghana its all part of the game he got a penalty and missed it. suarez feining an injury earlier to try to get a player sent off was a far more distasteful occurence and outside acceptable rules of behaviour


GunnGunn wrote:Exactly Starman.

If i played for Arsenal i would do the same thing, England, same thing.

Call me a cheating prick if you like but if that what it takes, then that is what it takes, simple.


That's all very well and good. Now put yourself in the shoes of the opposition. England are fantastic at playing the victim card so it shouldn't be too hard to imagine.

Yep, that's right you'd've called him a cheat. The media would've dug up some obscure historical disagreement with said country and the nation would be whipped into a frenzy.

In England folks STILL going on about Maradona's 'Hand of God' goal. That was in 1986.
And trust me, no retrospective action would've eased any pain.

Anyhoo, it's only Ghana. In time it will be forgotten by most of the Western world whilst England will still mulch about Frank Lampard's 'goal'. Despite the fact it wouldn't have changed the outcome...


Ghana had the chance to win the game. A penalty was given and they had it in their hands to win the game. They threw the chance away and got what they deserve. I feel no sympathy for Ghana at all.

Its not as if they didnt get an opporunity to win the game.


You're changing the point of the thread. Your title asks: Suarez: hero or villain.
Image
User avatar
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008
 
Posts: 20802
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:46 am
Location: Somewhere between Nadir and Nirvana

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby NotABlindFollower » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Jay22 wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:First of all it is not cheating.

Secondly, I care about Arsenal FC. I want them to win and that is all I care.

If Arsenal won the CL trophy because someone scored with their hand you would go and return the trophy????

Or you would be really ashamed and live the rest of your life in hiding? I am sure you will be proud of our achievement. I would be.

It is cheating. There are no two ways about it.

Yes, i will be ashamed if Arsenal win the CL by cheating, i don't understand how you can be proud of the fact that your team cheated to win.


ok, So what Pique did today was that cheating too? (the penalty incident)
NotABlindFollower
 

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:59 pm

NotABlindFollower wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Reverend Gooner wrote:He is definately a cheat, I don't think anyone can disputed that but there is so much cheating in this sport now the word cheat has lost alot of it's potency.


Ok how is he a cheat? He committed a foul, broke the rules and got punished.

You will see because it is a blatant and deliberate foul.

Well how is it any differnt to what pique did today? He pulled a paraguay player down to the ground to stop him from heading a corner.

How is it any different to what van bommel was doing the entire 90 minutes yesterday? Deliberate and cynical fouls all over the pitch. Is that cheating too?

Lets not go down this road because if we do then you will fail to find me one football player that is not a cheat.


Forgive me if I am wrong but didn't Rev just say there is a lot of cheating in the game? Do you just browse threads for opportunities to troll?


If he did then he is wrong. Read my thread. I do not agree with him that this is cheating.


IF he did? read his post.


Did he not say Suarez is cheating?

I disagreed with that point he made. What is your point? Why are you arguing over nothing.


I am not arguing. I am pointing out that you never seem to read all of someones post before you jump in.

I read all of the post that I replied to. Obviously, I dont hold a database of everyone's past post in my head.


You f***ing quoted Rev for crying out loud. Jesus you are annoying.
User avatar
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace
 
Posts: 18570
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:12 pm

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby NotABlindFollower » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:03 pm

gzagee wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
gzagee wrote:
starmandb wrote:footballer.i would have expected an arsenal player to do the same thing rather than let the ball sail into the net and take the punishment afterwards.
he was sent off a penalty was awarded and as much as i feel sorry for ghana its all part of the game he got a penalty and missed it. suarez feining an injury earlier to try to get a player sent off was a far more distasteful occurence and outside acceptable rules of behaviour


GunnGunn wrote:Exactly Starman.

If i played for Arsenal i would do the same thing, England, same thing.

Call me a cheating prick if you like but if that what it takes, then that is what it takes, simple.


That's all very well and good. Now put yourself in the shoes of the opposition. England are fantastic at playing the victim card so it shouldn't be too hard to imagine.

Yep, that's right you'd've called him a cheat. The media would've dug up some obscure historical disagreement with said country and the nation would be whipped into a frenzy.

In England folks STILL going on about Maradona's 'Hand of God' goal. That was in 1986.
And trust me, no retrospective action would've eased any pain.

Anyhoo, it's only Ghana. In time it will be forgotten by most of the Western world whilst England will still mulch about Frank Lampard's 'goal'. Despite the fact it wouldn't have changed the outcome...


Ghana had the chance to win the game. A penalty was given and they had it in their hands to win the game. They threw the chance away and got what they deserve. I feel no sympathy for Ghana at all.

Its not as if they didnt get an opporunity to win the game.


You're changing the point of the thread. Your title asks: Suarez: hero or villain.

I am replying to the post.

Suarez is a hero in my opinion. I think England need some players with that attitude who would care more about the team than themselves.

Look at Gaza for example, a player we rate so highly. But he was crying like a baby when he got booked in that game in 1990 and lost the plot completely. It showed he cared more about himself than the team.

Suarez showed the exact opposite attitude. He is out of the tournament now and he was jumping up and down when ghana missed the penalty. Just shows you how selfless and how much these guys care about their country and their team.

Look at Mueller today he got booked and didnt lose the plot and still went on to help germany win the game.

What would england give to have players like this instead of people like Terry who go behind their teamates back sleeping with their wives and then does a press conference uttering things he should have kept quiet about.
NotABlindFollower
 

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby NotABlindFollower » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Jay22 wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Jay22 wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:First of all it is not cheating.

Secondly, I care about Arsenal FC. I want them to win and that is all I care.

If Arsenal won the CL trophy because someone scored with their hand you would go and return the trophy????

Or you would be really ashamed and live the rest of your life in hiding? I am sure you will be proud of our achievement. I would be.

It is cheating. There are no two ways about it.

Yes, i will be ashamed if Arsenal win the CL by cheating, i don't understand how you can be proud of the fact that your team cheated to win.


ok, So what Pique did today was that cheating too? (the penalty incident)

I didn't see that incident. What was it about?


A corner came in, Pique man handled a paraguay guy to the ground blatantly stopping him from heading the ball into the net. A penalty was given and a yellow card to Pique.

Now tell me is this cheating too?
NotABlindFollower
 

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby Goose » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:06 pm

You ask for peoples opinions to discuss an incident, then you continue to argue with everyone who contributes to the thread that disagrees with you.

Jheeze.

To answer the question of the thread:

Hero - to his team mates and country
Villain - To Ghana and some others who felt he cheated
Image
User avatar
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009
 
Posts: 9472
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: Behind You, Sniffing Your Hair

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:08 pm

Goose wrote:You ask for peoples opinions to discuss an incident, then you continue to argue with everyone who contributes to the thread that disagrees with you.

Jheeze.

To answer the question of the thread:

Hero - to his team mates and country
Villain - To Ghana and some others who felt he cheated



Goose, Goose, Goose, NABF has already established that he is of a superior intellect to the rest of the planet, in fact there is a good chance he is Jesus. Who are you to question Jesus? No one, thats who.......
User avatar
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace
 
Posts: 18570
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:12 pm

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby gzagee » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:11 pm

NotABlindFollower wrote:
gzagee wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
gzagee wrote:
starmandb wrote:footballer.i would have expected an arsenal player to do the same thing rather than let the ball sail into the net and take the punishment afterwards.
he was sent off a penalty was awarded and as much as i feel sorry for ghana its all part of the game he got a penalty and missed it. suarez feining an injury earlier to try to get a player sent off was a far more distasteful occurence and outside acceptable rules of behaviour


GunnGunn wrote:Exactly Starman.

If i played for Arsenal i would do the same thing, England, same thing.

Call me a cheating prick if you like but if that what it takes, then that is what it takes, simple.


That's all very well and good. Now put yourself in the shoes of the opposition. England are fantastic at playing the victim card so it shouldn't be too hard to imagine.

Yep, that's right you'd've called him a cheat. The media would've dug up some obscure historical disagreement with said country and the nation would be whipped into a frenzy.

In England folks STILL going on about Maradona's 'Hand of God' goal. That was in 1986.
And trust me, no retrospective action would've eased any pain.

Anyhoo, it's only Ghana. In time it will be forgotten by most of the Western world whilst England will still mulch about Frank Lampard's 'goal'. Despite the fact it wouldn't have changed the outcome...


Ghana had the chance to win the game. A penalty was given and they had it in their hands to win the game. They threw the chance away and got what they deserve. I feel no sympathy for Ghana at all.

Its not as if they didnt get an opporunity to win the game.


You're changing the point of the thread. Your title asks: Suarez: hero or villain.

I am replying to the post.


No, you're on about whether Ghana deserved to win or not. I was responding to Starman and Gunn's assertion that he was justified in his actions.


NotABlindFollower wrote:Suarez is a hero in my opinion. I think England need some players with that attitude who would care more about the team than themselves.

Look at Gaza for example, a player we rate so highly. But he was crying like a baby when he got booked in that game in 1990 and lost the plot completely. It showed he cared more about himself than the team.

Suarez showed the exact opposite attitude. He is out of the tournament now and he was jumping up and down when ghana missed the penalty. Just shows you how selfless and how much these guys care about their country and their team.

Look at Mueller today he got booked and didnt lose the plot and still went on to help germany win the game.

What would england give to have players like this instead of people like Terry who go behind their teamates back sleeping with their wives and then does a press conference uttering things he should have kept quiet about.


Here you are going on about stuff I dont care about.
Image
User avatar
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008
 
Posts: 20802
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:46 am
Location: Somewhere between Nadir and Nirvana

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby NotABlindFollower » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Jay22 wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Jay22 wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Jay22 wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:First of all it is not cheating.

Secondly, I care about Arsenal FC. I want them to win and that is all I care.

If Arsenal won the CL trophy because someone scored with their hand you would go and return the trophy????

Or you would be really ashamed and live the rest of your life in hiding? I am sure you will be proud of our achievement. I would be.

It is cheating. There are no two ways about it.

Yes, i will be ashamed if Arsenal win the CL by cheating, i don't understand how you can be proud of the fact that your team cheated to win.


ok, So what Pique did today was that cheating too? (the penalty incident)

I didn't see that incident. What was it about?


A corner came in, Pique man handled a paraguay guy to the ground blatantly stopping him from heading the ball into the net. A penalty was given and a yellow card to Pique.

Now tell me is this cheating too?

Of course it was cheating. You think otherwise?


Ok, so if a guy in midfield gets the ball and turns and then the opposing player pulls his shirt to stop him from running at his defense and starting a promising move is that cheating too?

In almost every corner where you have players with arms all over other players to prevent them from moving freely is that cheating too?

When you committ a tackle to take a man out knowing the ball is out of your reach is that cheating too?
NotABlindFollower
 

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby NotABlindFollower » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
Goose wrote:You ask for peoples opinions to discuss an incident, then you continue to argue with everyone who contributes to the thread that disagrees with you.

Jheeze.

To answer the question of the thread:

Hero - to his team mates and country
Villain - To Ghana and some others who felt he cheated



Goose, Goose, Goose, NABF has already established that he is of a superior intellect to the rest of the planet, in fact there is a good chance he is Jesus. Who are you to question Jesus? No one, thats who.......


Ofcourse. Another of my predictions came true today. Germany have yet again over achieved in this tournament.
NotABlindFollower
 

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby NotABlindFollower » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:25 pm

And I suppose every cricker in the world is a cheat too. Because hardly any of them walk when they knick the ball.
NotABlindFollower
 

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby gzagee » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:27 pm

NotABlindFollower wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
Goose wrote:You ask for peoples opinions to discuss an incident, then you continue to argue with everyone who contributes to the thread that disagrees with you.

Jheeze.

To answer the question of the thread:

Hero - to his team mates and country
Villain - To Ghana and some others who felt he cheated



Goose, Goose, Goose, NABF has already established that he is of a superior intellect to the rest of the planet, in fact there is a good chance he is Jesus. Who are you to question Jesus? No one, thats who.......


Ofcourse. Another of my predictions came true today. Germany have yet again over achieved in this tournament.


Tell me next week's winning lottery numbers and I chuck you a fiver. :thumbsup:
Image
User avatar
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008
 
Posts: 20802
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:46 am
Location: Somewhere between Nadir and Nirvana

PreviousNext

Return to World Cup 2010

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest