Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Talk about the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa

Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby NotABlindFollower » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:11 am

He blatantly cheated and stopped a certain goal with 2 hands. Worse case of cheating than even the hand of God incident. He unfairly denied Ghana a place in the semi.

Or

He took one for the team. He stopped the ball with his two hands in the process picked up a red card which rules him out of the semi and labels him a cheat for the rest of his life. He didnt cry like Gaza that he will be missing the next game but when he saw the penalty miss he jumped up and down in celebration forgetting his own personal loss. He took this personal setbacks for the sake of giving his country one tiny hope of still going to the next stage.

What would we give to have such committed, loyal players who would put their personal career on the line for the sake of their country men?
Last edited by NotABlindFollower on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
NotABlindFollower

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby J-Mack » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:13 am

I think it's disgusting. Feel so sorry for Ghana. Plus I lost money thanks to that c***!!

In that instant the goal should begiven I think!!
J-Mack
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby NotABlindFollower » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:14 am

J-Mack wrote:I think it's disgusting. Feel so sorry for Ghana. Plus I lost money thanks to that ****!!

I agree there needs to be a rule change. Why a penalty when we know it would have gone in if hands were not used?

Should be a goal.
NotABlindFollower

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:15 am

Villain. No doubt about that. When I saw him swat the ball I was rolling round on the floor laughing at what a sh*thead he was
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:23 am

Well if the goal went in then Uruguay would have been robbed as it should not have been a free kick.

He's no hero, but he did take one for the team and it was pretty smart
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:24 am

J-Mack wrote:I think it's disgusting. Feel so sorry for Ghana. Plus I lost money thanks to that ****!!

If that was an England player doing the exact same thing, as well as England qualifiying through penalties becuase of it,then he would have been hailed as a f***ing national hero, so dont give me you shite.

Don't blame him, blame FIFA who havn't changed the rules for a situation like that.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Est83 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:27 am

There could be an extended ban through "unsporting conduct".

I'm not sure about the argument for hero. He will be labeled a cheat for the rest of his career now, so he definitely took a BIG hit for doing what he did. BUT, he didnt have time to think about that, so I dont think he can be credited with the "sacrafice".

One HUGE point is being left out though. Although I was routing for Ghana, if they got that goal and went through, how would Uraguay have reacted knowing that Ghana shouldn't have even got that freekick in the first place?

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:28 am

Jay22 wrote:He is a cheating **** to do that, no two ways about it.

Agreed he was cheating by doing it mate by ANY player in the world would have done that, in the exact same situation.
Its the same when your the last man and a player is bombing through on goal,you take one for the team and risk potentially getting sent off for the tackle.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby SE13 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:39 am

For everyone in Uruguay, he'll be a hero. To most others, he'll be branded a cheat.

Let's face it, most players would have done the same, it's either out in the last minute, or take one for the team and a chance of staying in. He gambled and it paid off.

As to whether the goal should have been given, well, the ball didn't cross the line. By fair means or foul, it stayed out of the onion bag. Quite whether I'd be saying that if it had happened to Arsenal in the last minute of the Champions League Final remains to be seen.

Please note that my comments are my own view, and not that of GoonersWorld. Everything I write is subject to © 2007-2013, and is my own work unless quoted otherwise.
SE13
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:39 am

Gambled and it paid off? I wouldn't put it into those words.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:41 am

I would have done the same thing if i played for England.

I would rather be sent off and give away a penalty which could be saved, that let in a certain goal that would have ended my tournament.

And don't give that f***ing bollocks about being a villain, anyone in that position would have done the same thing to save their country going out.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Est83 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:43 am

Jay22 wrote:
Est83 wrote:One HUGE point is being left out though. Although I was routing for Ghana, if they got that goal and went through, how would Uraguay have reacted knowing that Ghana shouldn't have even got that freekick in the first place?

But that is the thing, mate. How do you justify an act of cheating just because referee f***ked it up. Those decisions happen all the time, it's the nature of the game.
Just because a decision didn't went your way, doesn't mean to cheat to stop the other team from winning.

Fair point.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:46 am

GunnGunn wrote:I would have done the same thing if i played for England.

I would rather be sent off and give away a penalty which could be saved, that let in a certain goal that would have ended my tournament.

And don't give that f***ing bollocks about being a villain, anyone in that position would have done the same thing to save their country going out.

Exactly.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Maxduke » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:55 am

I'd have done the same thing probably but he's still a cheating little prick just like I would have been.
Maxduke
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Dejan » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:05 pm

Suarez is a cheating prick. He was diving EVERY MATCH a season ago in the dutch league. THEY EVEN MADE A COMMERCIAL FROM IT. Suarez is the n1 cheater, not even ronaldo is a bigger cheater.
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to FIFA World Cup 2010