Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Talk about the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa

Re: Suarez. Villain or Hero?

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:31 pm

NotABlindFollower wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
Goose wrote:You ask for peoples opinions to discuss an incident, then you continue to argue with everyone who contributes to the thread that disagrees with you.

Jheeze.

To answer the question of the thread:

Hero - to his team mates and country
Villain - To Ghana and some others who felt he cheated

Goose, Goose, Goose, NABF has already established that he is of a superior intellect to the rest of the planet, in fact there is a good chance he is Jesus. Who are you to question Jesus? No one, thats who.......

Ofcourse. Another of my predictions came true today. Germany have yet again over achieved in this tournament.

Over achieved? This team is made up of the nucleus that won the European U21 championship. Maybe they have "over achieved" in your books, but in mine they have not.

Granted I am not as smart as you so my opinion doesn't count.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby NotABlindFollower » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:37 pm

gzagee wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
Goose wrote:You ask for peoples opinions to discuss an incident, then you continue to argue with everyone who contributes to the thread that disagrees with you.

Jheeze.

Goose, Goose, Goose, NABF has already established that he is of a superior intellect to the rest of the planet, in fact there is a good chance he is Jesus. Who are you to question Jesus? No one, thats who.......

Ofcourse. Another of my predictions came true today. Germany have yet again over achieved in this tournament.

Tell me next week's winning lottery numbers and I chuck you a fiver. :thumbsup:

If there was any logic involved in the outcome then I would have tried to guess.

Unfortunately, it is a game of chance. I didnt say I was psychic.
NotABlindFollower

Postby NotABlindFollower » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:

Jheeze.

Over achieved? This team is made up of the nucleus that won the European U21 championship. Maybe they have "over achieved" in your books, but in mine they have not.

So you looked at their players pre world cup and thought they would make it to the semi final?

You really thought they would knock out England and then Argentina?
NotABlindFollower

Postby gzagee » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:40 pm

NotABlindFollower wrote:
gzagee wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:

Jheeze.

If there was any logic involved in the outcome then I would have tried to guess.

Right! That's it lads, he's an imposter.

He knows no more than we do.

Don't believe the hype.

:lol:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby gzagee » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:42 pm

NotABlindFollower wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:

Jheeze.

So you looked at their players pre world cup and thought they would make it to the semi final?

It is possible.

He could've used logic.
(Or is that a power only you thought you had? :P )
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:42 pm

NotABlindFollower wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:

Jheeze.

Considering I said England had no hope in this WC, plus Argentina were a lot of peoples picks to be flops, yes.

Try and read other threads before you start flailing about, it might change what you post. ;)
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:43 pm

gzagee wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
gzagee wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:

Jheeze.

Right! That's it lads, he's an imposter.

He knows no more than we do.

Don't believe the hype.

:lol:

:grin:
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Goose » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:47 pm

England are shit, Germany beats England es la ley.

I have said time and time again, no matter how potent Argentina's attack is, their defence is abysmal.

They do not play as a team and their manager is a crazed coke head.

So Germany beating England and Argentina iwas definitely forseeable
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:50 pm

Goose wrote:England are shit, Germany beats England es la ley.

I have said time and time again, no matter how potent Argentina's attack is, their defence is abysmal.

True dat. The ONLY surprise was how easily they beat both England and Argentina. The fact that they knocked both out is not shocking in the slightest.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby gzagee » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Fabrestuta wrote:

True dat. The ONLY surprise was how easily they beat both England and Argentina. The fact that they knocked both out is not shocking in the slightest.

Nope, there are some on here who won't accept that conclusion. You need to come up with something more :think: .... more logical than that. :snooty:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:59 pm

gzagee wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:

Nope, there are some on here who won't accept that conclusion. You need to come up with something more :think: .... more logical than that. :snooty:

BAH. Logic schmogic. I don't believe in the whole logic thing.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Gunner_Paul » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:46 am

I can see a Holland - Germany final, would be quite good if it happened, Germany have got a real test against Spain though.

They destroyed Argentina, but beside from their strike force their team is abysmal, No cambiasso, No zanetti? Joke, how Demichelis plays for a top European team is absolutely beyond me, Otamendi was terrible and even he wasn't the original first choice right back, it was Jonas Guitierrez, who played Championship football last season. Gabriel Heinze is a **** as well.
Oh to oh to oh to oh to be a gunner.....
Gunner_Paul
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby starmandb » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:57 am

NotABlindFollower wrote:
Jay22 wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Jay22 wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
Jay22 wrote:I agree probably 99% of the players would have done the same thing. But i don't think it justifies his actions. He cheated to stop Ghana from winning. Whether it's the hand of god, Henry's hand goal or this act, they all are cheating, simple as.

Why should he give a shit about Ghana?

He only cares about his team. Any player that wears the Arsenal Shirt I would only expect him to care about Arsenal. If an England player had done that I would be proud of him.

I think the criticism Suarez is getting is ridiculous. Who wouldnt have done the same? And if you didnt do the same then I would question your loyalty to the shirt you wear.

I would have done the same thing If I was in that position and if it had helped my team go through I would have been proud of myself.

I never said he should care about Ghana, did i? :rolleyes:
I am not saying other players won't do it, 99.9% of them will do the same thing but that doesn't justify his actions. If an Arsenal player did that, i would be terribly disappointed with him.

You said you think it doesnt justify his actions because he cheated to stop Ghana from winning. As if you expected him to care about Ghana.

If an Arsenal player took a personal setback to save his team I would be proud of him. Infact I believe this is one of the things we lack right now.

There is a difference between personal setback or blatant cheating. And no, i would never be proud if any Arsenal player cheats to win a game.

First of all it is not cheating.

Secondly, I care about Arsenal FC. I want them to win and that is all I care.

If Arsenal won the CL trophy because someone scored with their hand you would go and return the trophy????

Or you would be really ashamed and live the rest of your life in hiding? I am sure you will be proud of our achievement. I would be.

theres where i see the diference if we scored a goal in those circumstances and it went unpunished it would always leave a sour taste in my mouth .however suarez handled the ball ,took the punishment and the ghanian missed
i think there is a big difference between keeping yourself in a game and cheating to win it
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby starmandb » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:03 am

NotABlindFollower wrote:
gzagee wrote:
NotABlindFollower wrote:
gzagee wrote:
starmandb wrote:footballer.i would have expected an arsenal player to do the same thing rather than let the ball sail into the net and take the punishment afterwards.
he was sent off a penalty was awarded and as much as i feel sorry for ghana its all part of the game he got a penalty and missed it. suarez feining an injury earlier to try to get a player sent off was a far more distasteful occurence and outside acceptable rules of behaviour

GunnGunn wrote:Exactly Starman.

If i played for Arsenal i would do the same thing, England, same thing.

Call me a cheating prick if you like but if that what it takes, then that is what it takes, simple.

That's all very well and good. Now put yourself in the shoes of the opposition. England are fantastic at playing the victim card so it shouldn't be too hard to imagine.

Yep, that's right you'd've called him a cheat. The media would've dug up some obscure historical disagreement with said country and the nation would be whipped into a frenzy.

In England folks STILL going on about Maradona's 'Hand of God' goal. That was in 1986.
And trust me, no retrospective action would've eased any pain.

Anyhoo, it's only Ghana. In time it will be forgotten by most of the Western world whilst England will still mulch about Frank Lampard's 'goal'. Despite the fact it wouldn't have changed the outcome...

Ghana had the chance to win the game. A penalty was given and they had it in their hands to win the game. They threw the chance away and got what they deserve. I feel no sympathy for Ghana at all.

Its not as if they didnt get an opporunity to win the game.

You're changing the point of the thread. Your title asks: Suarez: hero or villain.

I am replying to the post.

Suarez is a hero in my opinion. I think England need some players with that attitude who would care more about the team than themselves.

Look at Gaza for example, a player we rate so highly. But he was crying like a baby when he got booked in that game in 1990 and lost the plot completely. It showed he cared more about himself than the team.

Suarez showed the exact opposite attitude. He is out of the tournament now and he was jumping up and down when ghana missed the penalty. Just shows you how selfless and how much these guys care about their country and their team.

Look at Mueller today he got booked and didnt lose the plot and still went on to help germany win the game.

What would england give to have players like this instead of people like Terry who go behind their teamates back sleeping with their wives and then does a press conference uttering things he should have kept quiet about.

i think you,re forgetting how well gasciogne played in that extra time after he picked up that booking. the nation may have fell in love with gazza for his tears but football fans were proud that he took 1 or the team and stretched every sinew after for a final he would not make
starmandb

Postby Q8 Gooner » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:48 am

Heroooo
RED ARMY
Q8 Gooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to FIFA World Cup 2010