Argentina Vs Germany | 03/07/10

Talk about the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa

Re: Argentina Vs Germany | 03/07/10

Postby golfinguy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:02 pm

Just WOW.

Germany are better than I thought by a long shot. And the primary reason may be that Ballack is out and Schweinsteiger is running the midfield - the guy has been brilliant! Thats right, I just said they are better without Ballack - which I'm sure will bring out the flamethrowers LOL.

And how is it that a guy like Klose is so invisible at the club level, yet cannot stop scoring goals in a German uniform? Uncanny.
Last edited by golfinguy on Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:03 pm

Podolski was good again as well :sneaky:
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby jayanth » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:04 pm

Est83 wrote:
jayanth wrote:I had Mueller and Freidrich in my team.
Spain will struggle to get past against Paraguay. It is definitely Spain against Netherlands an all european final.

Paraguay wont be the first stubborn defense Spain have come up against, I predict a relatively easy win. Don't know how you can be so sure that Spain will get past Germany though... I'm only certain of two things, it'll be Spain in the semi with Germany, and whoever wins will play Holland.

I wont rule Germany out of anything, they have to be favourites after their last two results.

of course.. Netherlands are already in finals, even if Uruguay let their heart out and play.

I meant Germany v Netherlands. It all down to possession and creativity when it comes to Spain. After watching Germans defeating two top teams., they can clearly execute their plan against spain too.
jayanth
Liam Brady

Postby Forest » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:05 pm

golfinguy wrote:Just WOW.

Germany are better than I thought by a long shot. And the primary reason may be that Ballack is out and Schweinsteiger is running the midfield - the guy has been brilliant! Thats right, I just said they are better without Ballack - which I'm sure will bring out the flamethrowers LOL.

And how is it that a guy like Klose is so invisible at the club level, yet cannot stop scoring goals in a German uniform? Uncanny.

iv said that for a while, i think he slows down there play too much
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:14 pm

Well I don't think any of us expected that result. Argentina weren't particularly bad, the Germans were just magnificent. Easily the best display of the world cup so far.
After they lost to Serbia a few people jumped off the German bandwagon but I would say everyone is firmly back on it now. If all goes to plan we might have a repeat of the 74 final, and the way the Germans are playing I wouldn't bet against it being the same outcome.

Duestchland uber alles
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Est83 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:30 pm

jayanth wrote:
Est83 wrote:
Spain will struggle to get past against Paraguay. It is definitely Spain against Netherlands an all european final.

Paraguay wont be the first stubborn defense Spain have come up against, I predict a relatively easy win. Don't know how you can be so sure that Spain will get past Germany though... I'm only certain of two things, it'll be Spain in the semi with Germany, and whoever wins will play Holland.

I wont rule Germany out of anything, they have to be favourites after their last two results.

of course.. Netherlands are already in finals, even if Uruguay let their heart out and play.

I meant Germany v Netherlands. It all down to possession and creativity when it comes to Spain. After watching Germans defeating two top teams., they can clearly execute their plan against spain too.

Maradonna is certainly inspirational, but it doesn't look like he's much of a tactician. I expect Spain to be alot better defensively, and alot harder to stiffle.

Ze German's took Messi out of the game, they swamped him. But can they afford to double up on Iniesta, Xavi AND Alonso? As good as Germany defend, I just think that Spain's creativity will make it a very different game to the England and Argentina games. Germany will need to step up EVEN more.

Persaonlly I'd rather see Spain vs Holland on the nicest pitch South Africa has to offer... that will be a final!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:33 pm

There is a nicest pitch? I was under the impression they were all shite.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Est83 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Lol... they must have good golfing greens. That would be mroe condussive to a good game of football, with or without the goalposts!

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby fari » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:43 pm

Est83 wrote:
jayanth wrote:
Est83 wrote:

Maradonna is certainly inspirational, but it doesn't look like he's much of a tactician. I expect Spain to be alot better defensively, and alot harder to stiffle.

Ze German's took Messi out of the game, they swamped him. But can they afford to double up on Iniesta, Xavi AND Alonso? As good as Germany defend, I just think that Spain's creativity will make it a very different game to the England and Argentina games. Germany will need to step up EVEN more.

Persaonlly I'd rather see Spain vs Holland on the nicest pitch South Africa has to offer... that will be a final!

great observations...spain's attackers play better together than messi, tevez did today (too much individual stuff, dribbling etc.). full credit to the germans though, they played an excellent game, loew set them out with a plan and they executed.
fari
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:44 pm

If we signed Neuer and one of the German centre backs we'd win the league.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby fari » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:48 pm

that neuer lad is a great keeper...and young too...he could be first choice gk for a good 10 yrs or so
fari
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:51 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:If we signed Neuer and one of the German centre backs we'd win the league.

Yeah Friedrich, not the other one.
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:52 pm

GunnGunn wrote:
Plymouth Gooner wrote:If we signed Neuer and one of the German centre backs we'd win the league.

Yeah Friedrich, not the other one.

:lol:
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby GunnGunn » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:53 pm

On a serious note, i like Mertesacker, but i just don't think we are defensively diciplined enough to incorporate him into the team.

He is ridiculously slow and he doesn't even cover the ground quickly!
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:58 pm

I just think you need two different CBs. Just as Toure and Gallas didn't work because they were both short 'footballing' CBs, Mertesacker and Metzelder didn't work because they were both tall lumbering CBs. Mertesacker and Friedrich complement each other well and I think Vermaelen could do the Friedrich job alongside Mertesacker quite well.

I also think we need to add more height for set pieces (at both ends) and more of a physical presence to our team. Mertesacker would provide that.
Raya/Ramsdale
???/Jorginho
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to FIFA World Cup 2010