Uruguay Vs Ghana | 02/07/10

Talk about the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa

Re: Uruguay Vs Ghana | 02/07/10

Postby gzagee » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:36 am

WOW! Totally emotionally drained after that.
Feel rotten for Gyan. He'd led the line so well and it was unfortunate he couldn't cap a fine performance by creating history with the last kick of the match.
Glad he found his bottle to step and bury the 1st pen of the shootout.
Mensah and the other guy's pens were rotten. Why the heck didn't Boateng step up earlier?

Well done to Uruguay for hanging in there and taking their chance. How cool was Abreu, chipping the ball casually into the net?!!

Netherlands ceratinly won;t find it easy.

Went out to both the Gold Coast bars and I'm in no doubt that had Ghana won you's wouldn't have seen me until lunchtime cos the amount of skirt out there was unreal!!
Shame they all looked like they'd come out of a funeral rather than come to a carnival... I would've got lucky... :(
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby Gunflash » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:45 am

What Suarez did was disgraceful, despicable etc, etc. Yet he was punished and if Ghana failed to take advantage of that, it was Gyan's own fault for bottling that penalty. What on earth was he thinking? :BangHead:
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:05 am

What and end to a quarter final!! Dont think Ive ever seen a more dramatic ending to a quarter final match in my life.

Suarez did was most of us would do in that situation, its not something you think about, you just react.
Can't believe Gyan missed the penalty though, he bottled it big time!

What was Menshas penalty all about? I knew he was missing it from the second he took that dodgey run up.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Briggsy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:15 am

TheLittleMozart wrote:What and end to a quarter final!! Dont think Ive ever seen a more dramatic ending to a quarter final match in my life.

Suarez did was most of us would do in that situation, its not something you think about, you just react.

What was Menshas penalty all about? I knew he was missing it from the second he took that dodgey run up.

what run up?
Briggsy
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:27 am

Briggsy wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:What and end to a quarter final!! Dont think Ive ever seen a more dramatic ending to a quarter final match in my life.

what run up?

I knew Poldolski was going to miss from his run-up....

That's crap though. You don't smash it down the middle if you're about to put your team through, you slide it out to the side. His IQ was about 1, and he deserved what he got.
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby TheLittleMozart » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:59 am

Briggsy wrote:

what run up?

The two steps back he took before he went to hit the penalty...Still considerd a run up!
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:13 pm

take a look at our 1971 fa cup semi final with stoke when we were 2-1 down with 45 seconds of injury time gone[you had no clue what was added on them days].georgie armstrong took a corner and it was headed goalwards only for mahoney to handle on the line it left peter storey to beat the great gordon banks.to keep our double dream alive.
i,m suprised chippy scotsman have,nt picked up on the home international that year where banks was at the other end at wembley when martin peters headed goalwards for bobby moncur to push onto the bar.it was nowhere near over the line but commentator david coleman felt it was only right we were awarded a goal as it was going in.
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Yorkyblue » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Suarez hasn't really been penalised. Yeah he will miss the semi final but if they win, he will play in the final.

Should get more players doing it if all you get is a one match ban. It was a disgrace to the game.

It's a another rule they need to look at. To me that is a goal. A Missed penalty doesn't make up for what happened.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to FIFA World Cup 2010