Holland vs Brazil | 02/07/10

Talk about the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa

Re: Holland vs Brazil | 02/07/10

Postby NotABlindFollower » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:05 pm

I fell on the floor laughing in agony when i saw robinho having a real go at robben for allegedly diving.

I wasnt laughing because the replays clearly show robben's feet been taking away from the ground by a brazillian player.

But because out of all people Robinho was having a go at someone for diving.
NotABlindFollower

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:09 pm

so happy that holland are through. Had enough of hearing how great Brazil were. Hopefully RVP can play better but having said that his his hold up play was not too bad.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby NotABlindFollower » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:11 pm

RVP has been good the problem is the players next to him are too selfish.

Robben and Sniejder hardly bring RVP into play. I also think RVP needs to be a bit selfish himself.
NotABlindFollower

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:18 pm

NotABlindFollower wrote:RVP has been good the problem is the players next to him are too selfish.

Robben and Sniejder hardly bring RVP into play. I also think RVP needs to be a bit selfish himself.

yeah I would have to agree, i mean especially after Robbens exploits in the CL and they way that he managed to bring bayern back into games they must all think they can win the game and thus act selfishly.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby NotABlindFollower » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:25 pm

Robben has always been like that and snijder has turned like that too.

At one point Robben had the ball and RVP was free robben decided to instead try to beat all of the brazilian defense and he got surrounded and the chance was gone.

In another move sniejder finally passed the ball to RVP who tried to turn but sniejder was there to take the ball off him to shoot himself.

I feel sorry for rvp. They create f**k all for him. I know holland would be over the moon but really i dont think they deserved the win today (though I have wanted holland to win from the very start). They got lucky. Their 2 goals were pretty freakish especially the first one.
NotABlindFollower

Postby Bristol_Gunner » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:27 pm

Yeah his service is dog and Robben and sneijder hardly help the issue here. Also kuyts passing range is about zero at times so quite often he has scraps to feed off.
Bristol_Gunner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Artemis8 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:29 pm

NotABlindFollower wrote: though I have wanted holland to win from the very start

Yeh ive been sayin that aswell .. ;)
Artemis8

Postby Est83 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:09 pm

I've always had Holland as a sort of 2nd team, I cant see past Argentina though. However, beating Brazil and having a relatively easy semi (they'll probably get knocked out now that I said that) they should be full of confidence for the final.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby gzagee » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:25 pm

NotABlindFollower wrote:I know holland would be over the moon but really i dont think they deserved the win today (though I have wanted holland to win from the very start). They got lucky. Their 2 goals were pretty freakish especially the first one.

Really? I just put it down to sh*t defending :dontknow:
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby CynicalGooner » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:30 pm

Go Holland! So happy!

They missed about 3 guilt edged chances though, could have gone tits up
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:11 pm

* Dunga confirms he will not stay as Brazil coach

* Team exits World Cup after losing to Dutch

* Says quarter-final defeat is sad and difficult (adds quotes, details)

By Brian Homewood

PORT ELIZABETH, July 2 (Reuters) - Brazil coach Dunga made it clear he would not continue in the job after his side lost 2-1 to Netherlands in their World Cup quarter-final on Friday.

Asked about his future, he told reporters: “We knew when I started that I would be here for four years.”

“It’s sad, it’s difficult, nobody prepares to lose.”

Dunga replaced Carlos Alberto Parreira in July 2006, immediately after the last World Cup.

A hard-tackling midfielder in his playing days, Dunga captained the Brazil team that won the 1994 World Cup and finished runners-up four years later.

He was a surprising choice, having had no previous coaching experience, and his appointment was a response to a perceived lack of discipline and commitment among the players.

His first decision was to drop stalwarts such as Cafu, Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos and he later lost patience with Ronaldinho, leaving him out of the squad for South Africa.

Dunga’s team won the Copa America in 2007 and the Confederations Cup in 2009, also finishing top of the South American World Cup qualifying group, but many fans and pundits did not like their physical, counter-attacking style.

© http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world- ... dunga.html

Dunga leaving. That was quick.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby gzagee » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:17 pm

To be honest Dunga has left Brazil in a healthy situation. Had it not been for that 20 minute black-out they could've won the game. They looked pretty secure up to that point.

The new guy who comes in won't have much tinkering to do.
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008

Postby StLGooner » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:21 pm

gzagee wrote:To be honest Dunga has left Brazil in a healthy situation. Had it not been for that 20 minute black-out they could've won the game. They looked pretty secure up to that point.

True, but they really don't ever have much tinkering to do. I can't remember in my lifetime when they didn't have a team to realistically compete? :think:
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Reverend Gooner » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:08 pm

gzagee wrote:To be honest Dunga has left Brazil in a healthy situation. Had it not been for that 20 minute black-out they could've won the game. They looked pretty secure up to that point.

It's true, take away the sportsman stuff and they have a really impressive team.
Reverend Gooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby IMF » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Don't worry. They'll win it in 2014 when Well-ing-tonn scores 10 goals for them in the WC.
DEAD-WOOD OUT!!
Show the spoiler
SPEND SOME WONGA WENGA!!!

AND IT'S AAAAAAARSENNNAAAAAAAL!!
AAARRRRSENAAAAL FC
WE'RE BY FAR
THE TIGHTEST COMPANY
THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN
IMF
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Location: Chigwell, formerly Isle of Dogs, formerly Redbridge