Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:10 pm

It is indeed.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Re: USA Vs Ghana | 26/06/10

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:12 am

No it not great. Just because the WC is in Africa it was skewed to have a lot of African teams involved, no matter how good they were (6 out of 32? you avin a bubble). It was painfully obvious the African teams weren't good enough....f**k you Sepp Blathering idiot.

Anyway back to the game. Bocanegra should be ashamed of himself for the second goal. It was OBVIOUS he tried to half arse foul the bloke but when he didn't go down Bocanegra just stopped and threw his head in the air, the Americans here started going ballistic then the ball gets blasted past Howard.

Also wtf was Bradley doing in this WC? Every f***ing game he made changes and as soon as the game started he was planning new changes. Taking a player off after 30 mins? almost unheard of. Felhaber (sp?) played great against Algeria and his reward was to start on the bench, he came on in the second half and changed the game.

If America had a proper striker they'd have won that game, Altidore is Americas Heskey (not dissing Heskey Yorkie, down boy) he jsut isn't going to score lots of goals.

Bob Bradley has to take some blame for all of this though. The first half of every game America were shit, and he always made changes at half time, the man never prepared his team, nor did he ever get set on his starting 11.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby mg86 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:13 am

Too much time wasting by the Ghana players, no excuse the ref didn't card one of them. Reckless slide tackling in the box as well. Whatever, as I feared our D wasn't organized and we payed for it. Feel bad for our guys.

As for having an African team go this far, its good but several other teams like Russia and Egypt deserve to be this far, much more so than some of these very mediocre east europe and african teams.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:40 am

Please, don't blame this on Ghana time wasting. Your manager is as tactically aware as a pig organising the 3rd world war. As for "reckless" slide tackles, this is International football, in case myou are unaware its a lot more physical than domestic leagues, don't cry about that either.

America could, and should, have won this game. The ref, the clock, and everyone in between didn't cost you.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby mg86 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:54 am

Fabrestuta wrote:Please, don't blame this on Ghana time wasting. Your manager is as tactically aware as a pig organising the 3rd world war. As for "reckless" slide tackles, this is International football, in case myou are unaware its a lot more physical than domestic leagues, don't cry about that either.

America could, and should, have won this game. The ref, the clock, and everyone in between didn't cost you.

They blatantly wasted time. Its not a matter of me being a fan of the US or not, everyone could see it plain as day. At the end, a Ghana player lays on the ground after no one else has touched him and forces a stoppage of play. I'm not blaming the result on that, but it is really pathetic this was allowed to happen without a carding.
The tactics we had of lobbing balls and trying to feed Altitdore with through(spelling) balls was f***ing unbearable to watch. Agree they were awful tactics by Bradley.
Thing is I'm not bitter like you are suggesting man, I'm just not happy with our defense and the time wasting but all the best to Ghana against Uruguay.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:24 am

Oh noes, they blatantly wasted time.

Are you really so naieve that you think America wouldn't have wasted time if it was the other way around?

Seriously man you sound like a whinger.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Leody » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:58 am

Fabrestuta wrote:Oh noes, they blatantly wasted time.

Are you really so naieve that you think America wouldn't have wasted time if it was the other way around?

Seriously man you sound like a whinger.

Doesn't make it right just because the Americans would have done it too...

God I hate that argument.

Either way it didn't impact the result at all. Bocanegra was horrible the whole game. Turned the ball over in defense twice, was lucky the attacker was wrongfully whistled for a foul the first time. The second time he just stepped right on the man's calf from behind and gave away the foul, lucky to only get a yellow for that too. When they made a change at 30min I was praying it was for him, he looked scared and uncomfortable out there for 120mins. Demerit also misplayed that first goal, how he got so turned around is beyond me. And then the commentators wanted to question Howard... They may as well have given Ghana the ball at midfield and let them run at Howard all alone. Howard would have had a better chance of saving that, because he wouldn't have had his defenders obstructing his view... that's all they did on that goal.

Why in the world wasn't Edu starting? He's been great thus far and clearly if it only took 30 min to decide to make the change... sigh...

And Altidore... your legs broken? Make a run mate, show some effort. You made Arshavin look like a workhorse...

And f**k me I had to watch the game with my sister-in-law who is one of those retarded "if you like soccer you're gay" / "soccer is a communist sport" idiots. And my other brother's GF and her father who both know nothing about soccer. And the retarded comments and stupid questions and inane ramblings were never-ending. It took everything I had to not just yell STFU or GTFO. :BangHead:

My favorite was when my brother's GF's father says, "Based on my little keeping experience playing inter-mural sports in college I think Howard should have come out and saved that second goal. It worked when the Ghana player did it." Yeah... that was clearly Howard's fault... jesus... :BangHead:

Either way. The US had more than enough chances to end that game in regulation and couldn't. Ghana didn't create much the entire game, but two major letdowns by our defense killed the game.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:15 am

I didn't mean it was right Leody, but to cry about time wasting is pretty ridiculous. Its been going on since the dawn of time.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:18 am

Oh and Edu? really? he did f**k all. Felhaber was the sub that turned the tide.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Leody » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:48 am

Yeah, but Edu had been playing well and certainly would have been the better choice to start based on form and then even with tonight's performance I would have taken him over Clark. Hindsight you're probably right it wouldn't have made much difference, but at least we would have had another sub later in the match.

I will agree with your point about time wasting. We all hate it, but it is part of the game unfortunately.

But the guy that did an overhead kick and then laid on the ground for 6min got carted off and then was up and walking before the camera was even off him, took it to a whole new level. I'm surprised that he was so determined to do it that he even remained on the ground while the US was attacking and putting in another cross...

Oh well. It wasn't anything less than what I expected, but less than I had hoped for from the US. I really did think we had a great chance of beating Ghana. Had we drawn Germany... it would have been another story.

On the bright side, it will be another 4 years before I have to listen to stupid comments about soccer and answer endless uninformed questions and comments from friends that know I love soccer. :Peace:
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby CynicalGooner » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:04 pm

I think Ghana played really well and thoroughly deserved to win. Shouldn't cheapen their vicotry
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Leody » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:23 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:I think Ghana played really well and thoroughly deserved to win. Shouldn't cheapen their vicotry

Perhaps it's my bias, but I really don't think they were anything great. :dontknow:

We let them walk right thru us after we turned the ball over for the first goal. Fair play it wasn't an easy run, but we didn't defend it very well at all either.

They created a couple of half chances after going 1-0 up.

Then the second goal they just hoofed it down the pitch and the defense was nowhere to be seen.

They did do a very good job of closing down on the ball quickly in the midfield and disrupting our play, be we didn't pass well either. There was a lack of movement on the US side too. I don't think either team play particularly well to be honest.

They will not score against a team that knows how to defend. They showed they are weak in attack in the group not scoring from open play and were only manage a couple penalties.
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby tkmullan » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:01 pm

It's a shame USA are out, I thought they'd played pretty well, although you can't keep falling behind and coming back each time. Probably the best chance they've ever had of a semi-final, and therefore, a decent shot at the final.

Ghana really stepped up though. Especially in the first half, that was the best I've seen from them. Guess they've effectively got the home advantage now, will be interesting to see how far they go.
tkmullan
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby starmandb » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:44 pm

i don,t see whats wrong with having 6 african teams in the world cup.
there are 6 african teams in the top 32 of the fiifa world rankings
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Fabrestuta » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:49 pm

starmandb wrote:i don,t see whats wrong with having 6 african teams in the world cup.
there are 6 african teams in the top 32 of the fiifa world rankings

They were nearly all shit. I am in no way implying they shouldn't be there IF they got there on merit. The qualifying stages were changed before this WC to accommodate African teams on the African continent. t was a political gesture. As for rankings, please, you, me, and everyone else knows rankings mean absolutely nothing, before 2006 America was ranked 4th or 5th in the world, England was ranked 11th then hammered Azerbaijan and went up to 7th. FIFA rankings are as worthless as an ashtray on a motor bike.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to FIFA World Cup 2010