USA Vs Ghana | 26/06/10

Talk about the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa

Re: USA Vs Ghana | 26/06/10

Postby niko197 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:19 pm

i was sooooo fuckin sad, i was usa fan from the begining it was like croatia lost for me!!

:crybaby:
niko197
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby golfinguy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:23 am

Leody wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:I think Ghana played really well and thoroughly deserved to win. Shouldn't cheapen their vicotry

Perhaps it's my bias, but I really don't think they were anything great. :dontknow:

We let them walk right thru us after we turned the ball over for the first goal. Fair play it wasn't an easy run, but we didn't defend it very well at all either.

They created a couple of half chances after going 1-0 up.

Then the second goal they just hoofed it down the pitch and the defense was nowhere to be seen.

They did do a very good job of closing down on the ball quickly in the midfield and disrupting our play, be we didn't pass well either. There was a lack of movement on the US side too. I don't think either team play particularly well to be honest.

They will not score against a team that knows how to defend. They showed they are weak in attack in the group not scoring from open play and were only manage a couple penalties.

Ghana were more athletic and generally faster. They didn't 'play' better, but used those advantages better than we used ours. Each goal was the result of a 1-on-1 loss on our part, not from organized play - the very thing that Bradley said before the game that we needed to watch out for. So much for preparation.

Altidore is poor - still young enough to get better, but not the striker we need at this level. Its obvious we need a top striker and are lacking.

Midfield is generally our strength but perhaps misplayed by Bradley. I was watching the second half when Feilhaber was brought in and Dempsey put further up front - making the same difference it did in the game before - MUCH more positive. I could not figure out why he just didn't start the game that way. I was calling for Torres before the tourney - he had a poor half and never saw anymore action, but is still a good player. But its obvious now Feilhaber was the on form guy - and should have played more.

Defense - UGH. Nuff said. Like striker, another weakness for us.

I know I'm a day late, but I got myself good and pissed yesterday after the game - then spent today at a winery :sneaky2:
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:52 am

Fabrestuta wrote:Oh noes, they blatantly wasted time.

Are you really so naieve that you think America wouldn't have wasted time if it was the other way around?

Seriously man you sound like a whinger.

Just to back you up, they also got the 3mins injury time in the second half of extra time... that's pretty unheard of!
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:54 am

Oh and you should of used your Ghana international on Ghana. ;)
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby StLGooner » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:02 pm

Goose wrote:*cracking up at the USA fans saying they have easiest path to the semi's*

Sort of similar to the English ones saying you had an EASY group and you didn't even win it.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to FIFA World Cup 2010