Top scorer

Talk about the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa

Who'll get the golden boot?

Rooney
1
3%
Villa
7
23%
Torres
2
7%
Fabiano
2
7%
van Persie
15
50%
Robihno
1
3%
Messi
1
3%
Tevez
0
No votes
Ronaldo
0
No votes
Other
1
3%
 
Total votes : 30

Top scorer

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:04 pm

Who's yer money on for the golden boot?

RVP's in the form of his life, I'm going for him. But I think Robihno will push it very close
#YaGunnersYa
User avatar
CynicalGooner
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14912
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:43 am

Re: Top scorer

Postby gzagee » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:22 pm

I'd go for Higuain as my darkhorse if he was on there. I reckon he's more of a finisher than Tevez, he's always in and around the box, like Kempes.

Argentina's group games are: Nigeria :( , Korea Rep, and Greece. Then if they qualify first they'd play either 2nd place South Africa, Mexico, France or Uruaguay in the second round.

I can see him scoring quite a few.
Image
User avatar
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008
 
Posts: 20802
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:46 am
Location: Somewhere between Nadir and Nirvana

Re: Top scorer

Postby Fabrestuta » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Since he will be the main focus of your whole attack I think Rooney might actually be top scorer. That depends on far England get obviously.
User avatar
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace
 
Posts: 18570
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:12 pm

Top scorer

Postby Tony_Adams » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:35 pm

I have money on Tevez
Image
User avatar
Tony_Adams
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 34326
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Top scorer

Postby Goose » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:37 pm

I am going to out money on RvP and Hollan win 50/1, kapow!
Image
User avatar
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009
 
Posts: 9472
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: Behind You, Sniffing Your Hair

Re: Top scorer

Postby CynicalGooner » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:37 pm

gzagee wrote:I'd go for Higuain as my darkhorse if he was on there. I reckon he's more of a finisher than Tevez, he's always in and around the box, like Kempes.

Argentina's group games are: Nigeria :( , Korea Rep, and Greece. Then if they qualify first they'd play either 2nd place South Africa, Mexico, France or Uruaguay in the second round.

I can see him scoring quite a few.

I thought about him, but Argentina have so many forwards he wont start every game surely
#YaGunnersYa
User avatar
CynicalGooner
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14912
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:43 am

Re: Top scorer

Postby Est83 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:09 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:
gzagee wrote:I'd go for Higuain as my darkhorse if he was on there. I reckon he's more of a finisher than Tevez, he's always in and around the box, like Kempes.

Argentina's group games are: Nigeria :( , Korea Rep, and Greece. Then if they qualify first they'd play either 2nd place South Africa, Mexico, France or Uruaguay in the second round.

I can see him scoring quite a few.

I thought about him, but Argentina have so many forwards he wont start every game surely


My thoughts exactly. It's hard to look past Argentina having the top scorer with the games they have, but like you said, way too many options up front, couldn't possibly place a bet. Brazil and Holland will score for fun, I'm going for RVP!
Image


MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010
 
Posts: 15936
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:18 am
Location: On the bog!

Re: Top scorer

Postby Goose » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:18 pm

Image
User avatar
Goose
Member of the Year 2009
Member of the Year 2009
 
Posts: 9472
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:01 pm
Location: Behind You, Sniffing Your Hair

Re: Top scorer

Postby verminator97 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:18 pm

i'd have to go for rvp he is playing brilliant in the warm-up games and i just think its his time to shine
verminator97
 

Re: Top scorer

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:23 pm

Forlan
http://www.nobodylikesonions.com
Sweet Caroline, good times never seemed so good (I don't believe it, you're making it up ya bitch)

Image
User avatar
Yorkyblue
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 19172
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:52 pm

Re: Top scorer

Postby verminator97 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:24 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:Forlan
Really,i respect your opinion so i wont laugh but i dont think they will really get far enough
verminator97
 

Re: Top scorer

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:24 pm

Antonio Di Natale wouldn't be a bad outsider. He could just score enough in the group stage and not need any more for the tournament.
http://www.nobodylikesonions.com
Sweet Caroline, good times never seemed so good (I don't believe it, you're making it up ya bitch)

Image
User avatar
Yorkyblue
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 19172
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:52 pm

Re: Top scorer

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:27 pm

verminator97 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Forlan
Really,i respect your opinion so i wont laugh but i dont think they will really get far enough


You don't need to get far mate.

I think their group is wide open and anyone could finish top or bottom. Getting to the last 16 can be enough to finish top scorer. Especially if he scores all Uruguay's goals which I think he may do unless Suarez gets in his way.
http://www.nobodylikesonions.com
Sweet Caroline, good times never seemed so good (I don't believe it, you're making it up ya bitch)

Image
User avatar
Yorkyblue
SE13
SE13
 
Posts: 19172
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:52 pm

Re: Top scorer

Postby gzagee » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:28 pm

gzagee wrote:I'd go for Higuain as my darkhorse if he was on there. I reckon he's more of a finisher than Tevez, he's always in and around the box, like Kempes.

Argentina's group games are: Nigeria :( , Korea Rep, and Greece. Then if they qualify first they'd play either 2nd place South Africa, Mexico, France or Uruaguay in the second round.

I can see him scoring quite a few.


Scrub that.

Diego Milito.
Image
User avatar
gzagee
Member of the Year 2008
Member of the Year 2008
 
Posts: 20802
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:46 am
Location: Somewhere between Nadir and Nirvana

Re: Top scorer

Postby verminator97 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:30 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:
verminator97 wrote:
Yorkyblue wrote:Forlan
Really,i respect your opinion so i wont laugh but i dont think they will really get far enough


You don't need to get far mate.

I think their group is wide open and anyone could finish top or bottom. Getting to the last 16 can be enough to finish top scorer. Especially if he scores all Uruguay's goals which I think he may do unless Suarez gets in his way.
fair enough but i think he will get 4 games i would say he could get 5 goals in them when you really think about it someone will probably get 6 or more
verminator97
 

Next

Return to World Cup 2010

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest