Walcott left out of World Cup squad

Talk about the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa

Re: Walcott left out of World Cup squad

Postby Gunflash » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:47 am

Briggsy wrote:the thing what gets me is Cappello see Maclaren for Maclaren see Eriksson there all the same manager but with different names. the same nucleus of players in the squad

I know. He's got seven of Sven's definites (Terry, Ferdinand, A. Cole, Gerrard, Lampard, J. Cole and Rooney). If Beckham hadn't been injured, he'd have been in the squad - Capello seems as obssessed with Beckham as Sven was. Heskey lumbered around for Sven and Schteve too, so there's actually been little change of personnel in the England squad.
There's David O'Leary and big Willie Young, sending Rixy and Stapleton off on a run
Gunflash
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:01 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
Briggsy wrote:the thing what gets me is Cappello see Maclaren for Maclaren see Eriksson there all the same manager but with different names. the same nucleus of players in the squad

I was thinking about this yesterday.
I was wondering whether Capello and previous managers are actually scared of making brave decisions and going on their own gut instinct....?
They all claim to choose players based on current form but then when it comes to the crunch and they can't decide whether to take player A or B they take the one that went to the WC last time because that appears to be 'safer'.
There are no brave inclusions in Capello's squad, it's really mundane. Unless you count taking Ledley King who can't actually train but that's more stupid than brave.

I really wish he'd taken players like Theo and A Johnson rather than SWP and Carrick.
The usual suspects have been there before and they were easily outplayed then just as they will be now the first time they come up against quality opposition.

He's made the safest descions becuase at the end of the day its his job on the line and he need to take the best players for the job, regardless of how good anyone else thinks they are.

To be honest, all of his picks seem very justifyed apart from taking Carrick over A Johnson.
Hes picked a steady and experienced team which you lot should be happy about, becuase taking a wild-card like Walcott who one form alone should be no-where near a world cup sqaud.

Capello isn't going to waste a place taking a player who's been overall shit for the season, simply becuase there is a possibility he might do well in the last 10 minutes of games.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:44 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

I was wondering whether Capello and previous managers are actually scared of making brave decisions and going on their own gut instinct....?
They all claim to choose players based on current form but then when it comes to the crunch and they can't decide whether to take player A or B they take the one that went to the WC last time because that appears to be 'safer'.
There are no brave inclusions in Capello's squad, it's really mundane. Unless you count taking Ledley King who can't actually train but that's more stupid than brave.

I really wish he'd taken players like Theo and A Johnson rather than SWP and Carrick.
The usual suspects have been there before and they were easily outplayed then just as they will be now the first time they come up against quality opposition.

He's made the safest descions becuase at the end of the day its his job on the line and he need to take the best players for the job, regardless of how good anyone else thinks they are.

To be honest, all of his picks seem very justifyed apart from taking Carrick over A Johnson.
Hes picked a steady and experienced team which you lot should be happy about, becuase taking a wild-card like Walcott who one form alone should be no-where near a world cup sqaud.

Capello isn't going to waste a place taking a player who's been overall shit for the season, simply becuase there is a possibility he might do well in the last 10 minutes of games.

All of his picks are justified?
Justify Matt Upson please.
And the last ten minutes of games is the crucial bit isn't it? You're one-nil down with ten minutes to go.
Who do you bring on who can change the game? SWP? Milner? Don't make me laugh.
Like I said if you don't fancy Theo then fine but you need some kind of impact sub and that has to be Adam Johnson if it isn't going to be Theo.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:17 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:
Inchpractice wrote:

All of his picks are justified?
Justify Matt Upson please.
And the last ten minutes of games is the crucial bit isn't it? You're one-nil down with ten minutes to go.
Who do you bring on who can change the game? SWP? Milner? Don't make me laugh.
Like I said if you don't fancy Theo then fine but you need some kind of impact sub and that has to be Adam Johnson if it isn't going to be Theo.

He's a decent big man at the back who'll suffice for cover, adding to that hes got a few good international performances under his belt.
Or would you rather take King who has the knees of a 90year old or an un-capped Dawson?
Its the safest bet.

SWP or Milner have just as much ability to change the game in the last 10 minutes as Theo does. If anything probabaly more as they have done it on both international and domestic levels.
Its honestly starting to piss me off how everyone is bumming Walcott saying he should have went. People need to f***ing realise that hes had a shite season, and overall is still a very very shite player who can only run fast.

People assume becuase he's fast, then he'll come on and make an impact and change the game, when in actual fact he would have came on done a shit load of running fast into groups of defenders, mis-placing passes or scuffing crosses.
Adam Jonson should have went though, im not disputing that.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Inchpräctice » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:12 pm

TheLittleMozart wrote:He's a decent big man at the back who'll suffice for cover, adding to that hes got a few good international performances under his belt.
Or would you rather take King who has the knees of a 90year old or an un-capped Dawson?
Its the safest bet.

Sorry I didn't explain myself.
What I'm saying is why is Upson there at all. King is already in the squad by the way.
If Duckface or greasycock get injured King steps in yes?
If both somehow get injured then King and Carragher are our CB pairing right?
So what the f**k is Upson doing there? It's a waste of a squad place that could've been used for an impact sub e.g. Theo or Johnson.

SWP or Milner have just as much ability to change the game in the last 10 minutes as Theo does. If anything probabaly more as they have done it on both international and domestic levels.
Its honestly starting to piss me off how everyone is bumming Walcott saying he should have went. People need to f***ing realise that hes had a shite season, and overall is still a very very shite player who can only run fast.

A very very shite player?
You sound like you have a chip on your shoulder about him mate.
When has SWP ever changed an international game from the bench?
Theo has made a huge impact on many Arsenal games so why shouldn't he do the same for England.
For example against AC Milan in the 2-0 CL second leg, against Liverpool in the CL second leg, against Barca in the 2-2 home leg etc. etc.
People talk about how his hatrick v Croatia is the last good thing he's done but they forget about that awesome game he had two days after the England game when he scored against Burnley.
Every cross was perfect, he mullered them with his dribbling, pace and assists.
So what if the last two England games weren't brilliant, they were a damned site better than SWP's last games for England AND City.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Forest » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:25 pm

LittleMo, the reasons were annoyed is that Fabio went on and on about being in form, playing regular and being fit.
when it came to the crunch he threw it all out the window.

david beckham put himself through all that loan spells and playing 11 months out of 12 when he didnt need too because he would of been picked if he had JUST been playing for LA Galaxy
@Coulston17

Yeeewwwwwwwwwww Rrrrreeeeeeds!
Forest
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby verminator97 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:32 pm

i knew since the start of last season that theo would not make the world cup squad he is to inconsistent to injury prone and no confidence he was never going to make it like that
verminator97

Postby mg86 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:06 pm

I'm just laughing that SWP got in and some of you wanted him in.
Szczesny
Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Ramsey Flamini
Walcott Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck
mg86
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby TheLittleMozart » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Inchpractice wrote:
TheLittleMozart wrote:He's a decent big man at the back who'll suffice for cover, adding to that hes got a few good international performances under his belt.
Its the safest bet.

Sorry I didn't explain myself.
What I'm saying is why is Upson there at all. King is already in the squad by the way.
If Duckface or greasycock get injured King steps in yes?
If both somehow get injured then King and Carragher are our CB pairing right?
So what the f**k is Upson doing there? It's a waste of a squad place that could've been used for an impact sub e.g. Theo or Johnson.

A very very shite player?
You sound like you have a chip on your shoulder about him mate.
When has SWP ever changed an international game from the bench?
Theo has made a huge impact on many Arsenal games so why shouldn't he do the same for England.
For example against AC Milan in the 2-0 CL second leg, against Liverpool in the CL second leg, against Barca in the 2-2 home leg etc. etc.
People talk about how his hatrick v Croatia is the last good thing he's done but they forget about that awesome game he had two days after the England game when he scored against Burnley.
Every cross was perfect, he mullered them with his dribbling, pace and assists.
So what if the last two England games weren't brilliant, they were a damned site better than SWP's last games for England AND City.

King is a major risk to take, so Im assuming that if for any reason both Rio and Terry get injured then carrager will step in and from then on if would be a huge risk to rely on King staying fit for a centre back pairing. So Upson has been drafted in.. thats my what in seeing it anyway.

Didn't SWP come on against Egypt and change the game? Scoring and assiting when you lot were 1-1?
I do have a chip on my shoulder about Theo mate. Nothing against the lad personally but its just the general bumming of him becuase he's an explosive player. Which i find people get excited about and over-rate him.

SWP and Theo are essentially the same player, only SWP has a better end product and a better footballing brain. Think of it this way, if we had Theo and SWP at Arsenal... then SWP would be starting over him. In my opinion anyway.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:01 pm

well its fine by me Theo got left out. He;d have only gone and injured himself if he had played and started the season for Arsenal crooked. This way he can have a nice long break and start the season fresh as a daisy.

I really couldn't give a monkeys about england and the world cup. i just want the proper football season to hurry up.
Gooner Girl
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Fabrestuta » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
I really couldn't give a monkeys about england and the world cup. i just want the proper football season to hurry up.

Hate to harp on about this but Ireland got robbed so I really don't care that much either. I do enjoy the world cup though even if we don't make it.

Though like you I am counting the days until the league starts again.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby Rockin' Robin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:18 am

Rockin' Robin
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Massa » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:20 am

Whenever I see a report from The Sun I think its about Sol Campbell
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby TheLittleMozart » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:33 am

Fabrestuta wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Hate to harp on about this but Ireland got robbed so I really don't care that much either. I do enjoy the world cup though even if we don't make it.

Did use f**k mate... If memory serves correct did use not get a dodgey penalty desicion in the first game against them or a goal allowed when it shouldnt have been?
Scotland got robbed against Italy in the diying minutes when Toni went through Hutton only for the ref to give a free-kick to Italy, in which they scored to send us crashing out at the final hurdle.
TheLittleMozart
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Fabrestuta » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:53 am

TheLittleMozart wrote:
Fabrestuta wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

Did use f**k mate... If memory serves correct did use not get a dodgey penalty desicion in the first game against them or a goal allowed when it shouldnt have been?
Scotland got robbed against Italy in the diying minutes when Toni went through Hutton only for the ref to give a free-kick to Italy, in which they scored to send us crashing out at the final hurdle.

Quiet you!!!

Everyone gets dodgy penalties, Henry's handball was seen all around the world but not by the linesman. We were destined to get f***ked even before the playoffs started, UEFA ranking the teams was a disgrace. Plenty of players complained about it because they knew it smelled of bullshit.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

PreviousNext

Return to FIFA World Cup 2010