Group H

Talk about the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa

Re: Group H

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:28 am

Leody wrote:
Gunner Down Under wrote:
Leody wrote:That was a dive. Even if there was contact it was never enough to make Torres react like that naturally.

Obviously. If there was any contact Torres would have to keep running to appear 100% natural!!

You missed the point mate... if there was any contact in that clip it would have been the slightest of touches and at worst would have made Torres bobble a little. Not go flopping to the ground like a fish out of water. There was never enough in that to ever knock a man off his feet.

I didn't even think there was a touch! :lol:

I thought that if there was any contact it was extremely minimal and Torres (if he was a fair player) would just keep running, and not even fall down as if he was shot!
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Leody » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:30 am

Exactly what I was getting at.
This space used to be more fun...
Leody
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Inchpräctice » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:35 am

Oh yeah it's definitely a dive.
I'm just trying to work out from that clip if there's any contact at all. It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't.
groom suits for gooners with taste
Inchpräctice
SE13
SE13

Postby Gunner Down Under » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:03 am

I don't think there was- at the point where he began diving there was definitely no contact, if anything it was extended simulated delayed reactions
Gunner Down Under
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:53 am

I think there was a very small amount of contact, not from Torres' obvious dive but from the Chile's player slight stumble, but then maybe that was from surprise, who knows?

Whether or not there was a tiny bit of contact or not is irrelevent as it was never enough for him to go down like a sack of potatoes. He stayed down until his teammates got the guy sent off, I was absolutely fuming. f**k Spain. They came up against a team that was able to out-play them and they cheated.
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:01 am

My philosophy is if a player is going to go down and try to get you sent off anyway then you might as well try to break his legs at every opportunity.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby freddybhoy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Clear dive. Torres should be given a retrospective ban. FIFA need to really get tough on simulation if they're serious about stamping it out. I won't hold my breath though.
ONE VOICE, ONE LOVE, ONE FAITH, ONE CELTIC
freddybhoy
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:59 pm

Plymouth Gooner wrote:My philosophy is if a player is going to go down and try to get you sent off anyway then you might as well try to break his legs at every opportunity.

Good attitude. If he knew he was going he should have run over and stamped squarely on Torres nadgers. The dive itself didn't piss me off as much as the obvious attempt to get the Chilean player sent off. That is dirty and is almost (and I say "almost") up there with spitting on another player.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Previous

Return to FIFA World Cup 2010