Netflix / Lovefilm on Xbox

Talk about mobile phones, DVDs, PCs or anything "techy"

Netflix / Lovefilm on Xbox

Postby UFGN » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:41 am

Im looking at getting an Xbox and using it to access either netflix or lovefilm.

Does anyone have either of the two? Does it stream smoothly?
Which service is better?
Do they both also have things like documentary and comedy series?
Do they have older / rare films and series or is it only popular stuff?

Cheers
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Re: Netflix / Lovefilm on Xbox

Postby Git » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:13 am

I think these are the ones that would be free on Lovefilm if you had a subscription:

http://www.lovefilm.com/browse/film/wat ... scription/

The others under ''Box Office'' are ones you have to pay extra for, which is bollocks.
MML
Git
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby CynicalGooner » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:34 pm

I've tried both out and to be honest right now neither are very good.

Lovefilm has a much better library but with the caveat that you can't actually stream many of them, only rent out the discs, which is very stupid. The Lovefilm player is also hit and miss, sometimes it just won't work or buffer every 5 seconds making it unwatchable.

Netflix has a much better player and everything on there you can stream, but because it has only just been released in the UK the library is pathetic, about 1/10 the size of the US one and not much is being added. Whether it's rights issues or whatever I don't know but it's pretty worthless until they can get tonnes more content up there.

So right now neither are worth subscribing to IMO
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Fabrestuta » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:37 pm

You have to have xbox live to stream movies on netflix. I just stream them through my laptop. Saying that, even though netflix library is big over here you still cant stream everything, Blockbuster which almost got run out of business by Netflix bounced back with a fabulous set up. You can stream almost 100% of Blockbusters movies which is astounding.
Fabrestuta
Rest in Peace
Rest in Peace

Postby UFGN » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:24 pm

CynicalGooner wrote:I've tried both out and to be honest right now neither are very good.

Lovefilm has a much better library but with the caveat that you can't actually stream many of them, only rent out the discs, which is very stupid. The Lovefilm player is also hit and miss, sometimes it just won't work or buffer every 5 seconds making it unwatchable.

Netflix has a much better player and everything on there you can stream, but because it has only just been released in the UK the library is pathetic, about 1/10 the size of the US one and not much is being added. Whether it's rights issues or whatever I don't know but it's pretty worthless until they can get tonnes more content up there.

So right now neither are worth subscribing to IMO

Thanks, this is what i was worried about. FFS why is nothing easy!
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN

Return to The Electronics Area